PDA

View Full Version : Wright to pitch Friday

delben91
09-10-2003, 10:21 AM
According to the Daily Herald (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox.asp?intID=37874161), any thoughts of a 4 man rotation are out the window for the moment.

Who's going for Boston on Friday?

Unregistered
09-10-2003, 10:31 AM
My favorite quote from JM on the issue:

With an off day Monday, the Sox could juggle their rotation so they wouldn't need a fifth starter again until Sept. 20.

"I haven't looked that far ahead," Manuel said.

Naturally. :(:

Chisox353014
09-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
My favorite quote from JM on the issue:

With an off day Monday, the Sox could juggle their rotation so they wouldn't need a fifth starter again until Sept. 20.

"I haven't looked that far ahead," Manuel said.

Naturally. :(:

This from a guy who set his rotation in 1999 in Spring Training so the top 3 starters would face the Scrubs. Now we're in a pennant race and he's not thinking ahead at all?

jabrch
09-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Look, I don't want to see Cotts out there. I don't want someone going on short rest. Lets throw Wright out there, hope for a good 5 innings, then pull him, and let the bats do their trick. Key here is that once Wright starts to get in trouble, yank him....

PUT HIM ON A VERY SHORT LEASH

FJA
09-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by delben91
According to the Daily Herald (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox.asp?intID=37874161), any thoughts of a 4 man rotation are out the window for the moment.

Who's going for Boston on Friday?

I was opposed to this at first, but only because I forgot about our off-day Monday. (If we didn't have one, Wright would have pitched in Minnesota as well ... at least according to the current rotation.) Wright should pitch in Boston, but, with the offday, Jerry sure as hell better not pitch him in the Metrodome. Here's how I would do it:

Friday: Wright (I'd rather pitch Colon Friday and Wright Saturday, but Colon worked hard Monday, and if giving him his usual rest is going to help us in the postseason, I'll take my chances with Wright in the series opener in Boston.)

Saturday: Colon (I'd much rather have him on Friday and Wright on Saturday, but it probably won't happen ... no use throwing Bart's arm out now.)

Sunday: Buehrle

Tuesday: Loaiza

Wednesday: Garland (I don't know how much I like giving Garland six days of rest ... it might screw up his schedule ... but I'd much rather have Loaiza in the series opener against the Twins, because capturing that first game in the Metrodome is going to be crucial.)

Thursday: Colon

I think that Garland/Loaiza flip is important, and I hope Jerry sees it too. I think we're in a really good place in this series now because we have Colon and Loaiza as our bookends. If we can do that next week too, I think we could put the Twins several games back by the end of next week.

Unregistered
09-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I think that Garland/Loaiza flip is important, and I hope Jerry sees it too. "I haven't looked that far ahead," Manuel said.

Lip Man 1
09-10-2003, 12:06 PM
All the more reason why the Sox MUST win at least one of the next two games with the Twins.

Lip

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 12:18 PM
If Danny Wright pitches like he did in his start vs. Cleveland, we're gonna be ok.

Hangar18
09-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I second the Notion of putting Wright on a VERY SHORT LEASH.
We have to start pretending its the Playoffs RIGHT NOW. Were TOO CLOSE TO BLOW IT.

Iwritecode
09-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I was opposed to this at first, but only because I forgot about our off-day Monday. (If we didn't have one, Wright would have pitched in Minnesota as well ... at least according to the current rotation.) Wright should pitch in Boston, but, with the offday, Jerry sure as hell better not pitch him in the Metrodome. Here's how I would do it:

Friday: Wright (I'd rather pitch Colon Friday and Wright Saturday, but Colon worked hard Monday, and if giving him his usual rest is going to help us in the postseason, I'll take my chances with Wright in the series opener in Boston.)

Saturday: Colon (I'd much rather have him on Friday and Wright on Saturday, but it probably won't happen ... no use throwing Bart's arm out now.)

Sunday: Buehrle

Tuesday: Loaiza

Wednesday: Garland (I don't know how much I like giving Garland six days of rest ... it might screw up his schedule ... but I'd much rather have Loaiza in the series opener against the Twins, because capturing that first game in the Metrodome is going to be crucial.)

Thursday: Colon

I think that Garland/Loaiza flip is important, and I hope Jerry sees it too. I think we're in a really good place in this series now because we have Colon and Loaiza as our bookends. If we can do that next week too, I think we could put the Twins several games back by the end of next week.

The problem with switching Loazia and Garland is that would put a rotation of Garland, Colon, Burly against NY instead of Loazia, Colon, Bulry...

Meanwhile Minny and KC play Cleveland and Detroit those days...

FJA
09-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
The problem with switching Loazia and Garland is that would put a rotation of Garland, Colon, Burly against NY instead of Loazia, Colon, Bulry...

Meanwhile Minny and KC play Cleveland and Detroit those days...

True, but seeing as we're at home against NY and winning the first game in the Metrodome is probably more crucial at this point, I'd still go with switching Loaiza and Garland for Minnesota. We need to set the tone for that series ... I wouldn't mind putting Garland out there at home against the Yankees. I think he'd fare pretty well.