PDA

View Full Version : I guess it is fair...

jabrch
09-10-2003, 10:03 AM
and we all know that JM is about fairness, that since they started a pitcher who hadn't started a game since 1994 (Pulido) that we brought in a guy who hasn't pitched in the bigs since 1999 (Paniagua). Heck, when they brought in Orosco, we should have brought Minnie Minoso back to hit against him. They were in the same High School class, I think, right?

Geez....September, we have a 1 game lead and I am watching Jose Frigging Paniagua?

That's Paniagua's new knickname as far as I am concerned - FRIGGING.

How bout that Sox fans....another big win vs the Twinkies!!! First place - 2 game lead. 4.5 over KC... Garland's turn to step up and stick it to them!

dougs78
09-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Actually Paniagua last pitched on September 2, 2002 according to the papers today. He has also been well above average during parts of his career. I have no problem with giving him the shot.

Bobby Thigpen
09-10-2003, 01:25 PM
He has also been well above average during parts of his career. I have no problem with giving him the shot.

Neither would I if this were May or June. It's time for shots to be given when the Sox are up by ten against teams that aren't one game behind the Sox for first. Otherwise, why in the name of God is Kelly Wunsch not pitching?

ScottyTheSoxFan
09-10-2003, 02:40 PM
i would have liked to see koch throw the 9th last night. a six run cushion would take pressure off and we could see if he is going to matter in our bull pen at all through the last 3 weeks and beyond.