PDA

View Full Version : Umps on Tuesday night...

jabrch
09-10-2003, 07:48 AM
I was there at the game, so I didn't have the perspective to see it. Can someone who saw the game on TV tell me:

1) Was the strike zone (for both teams) a bit high?

and

2) Did the ump blow the call at third when Sandy threw down there on the sacrifice bunt late in the game? He looked safe by a mile to us.

Thanks

Jason

chuckn98229
09-10-2003, 08:01 AM
He was safe by a mile. Hawk even said so before the ump had a chance to make the wrong call.

fhqwhgads
09-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I was there at the game, so I didn't have the perspective to see it. Can someone who saw the game on TV tell me:

1) Was the strike zone (for both teams) a bit high?

and

2) Did the ump blow the call at third when Sandy threw down there on the sacrifice bunt late in the game? He looked safe by a mile to us.

Thanks

Jason

Yes and yes.

Bobby Thigpen
09-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Yes on both instances.

I kind of see it as a karma issue. Everything that could have possibly went against the Sox in the first half did, and now hopefully things are just evening out.

Good lord that sounds like something Jerry Manuel would say. :o:

jabrch
09-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Yes and yes.

Thanks guys...that's how we saw it too from our seats. I just wanted to confirm. The home plate ump seemed fairly consistent...just a bit high. That play at 3B....that was brutal from our seats. Everyone in the park was laughing...except the Twins fans behind me.