PDA

View Full Version : Expect the beanball tomorrow...

Unregistered
09-10-2003, 01:46 AM
From the AP recap:
"It's good we didn't quit, but at the same time those guys are having a lot of fun," Twins outfielder Dustan Mohr said. "Every time they hit a home run, they stand in the box for 10 seconds and watch it. I'm kind of getting tired of seeing it."Whatever you say, Dustan. I think this loosely translates into "We're getting shown up, tomorrow we're gonna knock some guys on their asses."
Man, I HATE HATE HATE the Twins. As soon as they start losing, EVERYONE on that damn roster starts bitching and moaning CONSTANTLY. :angry:

jeremyb1
09-10-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
From the AP recap:
Whatever you say, Dustan. I think this loosely translates into "We're getting shown up, tomorrow we're gonna knock some guys on their asses."
Man, I HATE HATE HATE the Twins. As soon as they start losing, EVERYONE on that damn roster starts bitching and moaning CONSTANTLY. :angry:

I agree that I dislike most of the Twins players and can't stand to hear them complain about something like this but I'll agree that Maggs seemed to stand in the box for a pretty long time after his home run tonight. I'm really not a big fan of that. The difference is I feel like as a Sox fan its okay for me to say that. For Moore to say it in the papers is really obnoxious especially when the Twins have more than their share of players who like to showoff.

white sox bill
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
I hear theres a minor league team in the area who has a right fielder who does a "bunny hop" out of the box!
34 ounces of swingin' cork!!

FanOf14
09-10-2003, 09:13 AM
While I agree with what Mohr said, why does he feel the need to run and whine to the media about something that petty? I have never seen as much whining and tantrum throwing as I have in this series. The sox have been on the losing end of a few (to say the least) bad calls this year and they never came close to the whining :whiner: and moaning the Twins did.

Also, wouldn't saying what Mohr said give the Sox a little more fire for the belly? In any sense, if they want to hit a player of ours, go for it as long as they don't injure the player. The Sox then need to make sure to bring that man home.

Jerko
09-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Good, let them get into a beanball war. They have their best pitcher going tonight, if they want to get him thrown out of the game, fine by me.

Jurr
09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
And you know that JG doesn't mind bringing the thunder! He got ejected against the Twinks earlier this season. He drilled old Doug Minnoiweuroksd;lf989*&(*&(*&(icz. Then, we can bring in our bullpen and they can bring in Orosco or Rick Reed to really let us light the scoreboard up!!!!!!!!

THE_HOOTER
09-10-2003, 10:49 AM
3 or 4 times last night, a Sox player struck out to end the inning.

The Twin's #1 ass-Pierszwski or whatever, spiked the ball on home plate each time the inning ended.

These teams dont like each other, and my bet is if there were a brawl there would be some punches thrown.

faneidde
09-10-2003, 10:54 AM
This game and this series still matter too much for any nonsense to happen. However, if the Sox sweep and get a sizeable lead by the time these two teams meet again in the Humpmedome, I wouldn't be suprised to see some fireworks.

Kilroy
09-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
These teams dont like each other, and my bet is if there were a brawl there would be some punches thrown.

You'd bet there'd be punches thrown in a brawl? You're a gamblin man...

Unregistered
09-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
You'd bet there'd be punches thrown in a brawl? You're a gamblin man... As opposed to the ass slapping that normally goes down when the Twins try to get "fired up" against the Royals...

jabrch
09-10-2003, 11:11 AM
From Dustan Mohr
"Every time they hit a home run, they stand in the box for 10 seconds and watch it. I'm kind of getting tired of seeing it."

Then how about you guys stop serving up belt-high 87 mph pitches from crumby over-the-hill (or worse yet, never even close to the hill) pitchers who wouldn't throw for us in Birmingham or Charlotte. Then we might not take you deep so darn much?

Or, knock one or two of our hitters down and see how far that gets you? I guarantee you won't win a beanball matchup. We have plenty of guys who I'd be happy to bring in to drill (I mean face) one or two hitters. Koch, Paniagua, Cotts...

I got your 10 seconds right here Dustan...

chosk8
09-10-2003, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't think it would happen this series. They know who we play in the next few weeks and they know who they play. We both have a series and then meet up again next week in Minnesota. I could see some fireworks during that series. I don't think they would want to take a chance at having players suspended for the next series between them and the Sox.

I wouldn't put it past these clowns to do something in the series next week at all. JM needs to stress to these guys that this is a definite possibility and the players need to keep their cool if such a situation comes about. We don't need to be missing a Thomas, Maggs or anybody for that matter in the series against the Yankees or Red Sox or KC due to a stupid suspension. Don't take the bait guys, stay cool.

CHISOXFAN13
09-10-2003, 11:17 AM
If Santana wants to hit someone, I'm finre with it. Instead of being a solo shot, someone will hit a two-run jack.

Cry me a freeking river, Mohr.

Chisox353014
09-10-2003, 11:40 AM

The Twin's #1 ass-Pierszwski or whatever, spiked the ball on home plate each time the inning ended.

I distinctly remember a game in the Crapdome last year where Maggs hit a pop-up in a crucial situation (might have been to end the game) and Pierernkjzxfggbi started jawing at him as he was leaving the batters box. If he wants to stand and admire a homer, I can't really blame him. Mohr, Toriiiiii, Pirernjklkskiiii, and little Dougie the non All-Star can all cram it.

voodoochile
09-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Starting a beanball war with JG on the mound is just dumb. He is the one Sox starter I see who regularly drills guys on purpose and all because he is ticked off at himself.

Garland will put one in someone's earhole if the Twins start crap. I guarantee it...

THE_HOOTER
09-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
You'd bet there'd be punches thrown in a brawl? You're a gamblin man...

I have seen a lot of brawls that were nothing but pushing and shoving.

So I guess I should change my wording to charging the mound.

Lip Man 1
09-10-2003, 01:03 PM
If the Twins start something tonight the White Sox need to stand there and DO NOTHING.

That's right DO NOTHING.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here folks.

The Sox haven't won squat yet. Remember as Bill Melton has been pointing out every day since Sunday THE SOX MUST WIN AT LEAST THREE GAMES OF THIS SERIES.

All the Twins have to do is get a SPLIT, and they can STILL do this!

Santana and Radke have been two of the hottest pitchers since the All Star Break. Beating them is NOT going to be easy.

So if the Twins do something tonight, shut up, say nothing...do nothing, JUST WIN THE GAME.

THEN tomorrow knowing that you can NOT be less then two games ahead when the Twins leave town, if you want to start something...go right ahead.

But for tonight, no.

Lip

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 01:22 PM
I personally don't think they should do anything at all. Not tonight, not tomorrow. Can you imagine a suspension at this point? The Twins will probably do whatever they can to weaken our team with remaining game with NY and KC. We need all of our players, and we need our strength. Screw the Twins, just beat their asses!

ChiSoxBobette
09-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I agree that I dislike most of the Twins players and can't stand to hear them complain about something like this but I'll agree that Maggs seemed to stand in the box for a pretty long time after his home run tonight. I'm really not a big fan of that. The difference is I feel like as a Sox fan its okay for me to say that. For Moore to say it in the papers is really obnoxious especially when the Twins have more than their share of players who like to showoff.
Maggs did'nt stand in the box for any longer than he normally does C.Lee always does the same thing when he hits a H.R.. This is just the twinkies way of getting themselves up. They are the biggest bunch of cry babies in baseball (right alongside the flubs). If they had come into Chicago & taken these first two games what do you think they would have been doing. It a joke that every team that comes to US Cell. crys about the White Sox players being disrespectful, well bring it on if Frank or Maggs get beaned I say Garland takes Hunters head off.

Go White Sox!

shane
09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I say bean someone early and get the warnings out there. Nobody gets suspended for hitting a batter in the thigh one time. They just have to keep their heads about them should the situation escalate beyond a hit batter.

bc2k
09-10-2003, 03:38 PM

Pierzynski does that to everyone, not just the Sox. IN the playoffs vs the A's, Pierzynski stood near the plate as Chavez easily scored since the throw didn't come to home plate. Chavez--doing what he should have done--pushed Pierzynski out of the way and then Pier started jawing at Chavez. The look of Chavez's face was one of 'what do you want me to do?'

Pierzynski took away the baseline to a Sox runner this series when a play was not imminent and Farmer commented that the Sox runner needs to claim his baseline and throw a shoulder into Pierzynski.

LASOXFAN
09-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
I distinctly remember a game in the Crapdome last year where Maggs hit a pop-up in a crucial situation (might have been to end the game) and Pierernkjzxfggbi started jawing at him as he was leaving the batters box. If he wants to stand and admire a homer, I can't really blame him. Mohr, Toriiiiii, Pirernjklkskiiii, and little Dougie the non All-Star can all cram it.

yeah baby!! Pierszynskiequistii has one of the worst mouths in the league.

But if the spikes were on the other foot wouldn't we as Sox fans love to read about one of our players taking issue with another team doing that? I think so.

maurice
09-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Did anyone else see Konerko accidentally hit AJ in the face with his bat after stepping into the box during one of his ABs? After giving AJ a pretty good wack, Konerko stepped back out and apologized. That was pretty rich.

:gulp:

soxruleEP
09-10-2003, 04:43 PM
I did notice Konerko whack him in the puss. I pointed that out to the people sitting around me and we then saw Pierzsuqwisolemnamnki move back and give Paulie a little mroe room.

fhqwhgads
09-10-2003, 11:12 PM
I guess it was the Sox who ended up throwing the beanballs tonight.

HBP: Pierzynski (by Garland), Mientkiewicz (by Wunsch).

Your two favorite Twins!

delben91
09-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
I guess it was the Sox who ended up throwing the beanballs tonight.

HBP: Pierzynski (by Garland), Mientkiewicz (by Wunsch).

Your two favorite Twins!

I think Sox pitchers are all scared of vowel laden, elongated names on uniforms (except maybe for Schoenweis...takes one to know one).

Nick@Nite
09-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
yeah baby!! Pierszynskiequistii has one of the worst mouths in the league.

But if the spikes were on the other foot wouldn't we as Sox fans love to read about one of our players taking issue with another team doing that? I think so.

I considered Tony Phillips an agitator extraordinare... and couldn't stand him.