PDA

View Full Version : Question: Why the delay to start the game?

GoSox2K3
09-10-2003, 12:22 AM
At the start of both yesterday's and today's game, Hawk mentioned that the Sox starter was ready to pitch but that they were waiting for the clock to official read 7:07.

Can someone explain this? Is there some reason why they had to wait specifically for 7:07? Seems like sort of an odd detail.

alohafri
09-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
At the start of both yesterday's and today's game, Hawk mentioned that the Sox starter was ready to pitch but that they were waiting for the clock to official read 7:07.

Can someone explain this? Is there some reason why they had to wait specifically for 7:07? Seems like sort of an odd detail.

Maybe Carlos was in the head again.

whitesoxwilkes
09-10-2003, 09:42 AM

7:07 start on 9/09? Someone's superstitious it looks like.

Eddie Gaedel
09-10-2003, 10:15 AM

farmer and rooney mentioned it as well. what gives? tv?

Rocky Soprano
09-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I always thought that they waited for the clock to turn over so they could have an exact official time that the game started. That way they know exactly how long the game took.

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I always thought that they waited for the clock to turn over so they could have an exact official time that the game started. That way they know exactly how long the game took.

That is my thought. They've waited until 7:08 before too.