PDA

View Full Version : Piersall and Caray

Hondo
09-09-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm too young to remember when Jimmy Piersall and Harry Caray were the brodcast duo for the Sox. I've heard stories from my family.
I guess one time Piersall once was yelling out of the press box challenging Eric Soderholm to a fight during a game.

Does anyone have any more stories concerning these two characters or where I could go to find some.

It'd be much appreciated.

Daver
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
I'm too young to remember when Jimmy Piersall and Harry Caray were the brodcast duo for the Sox. I've heard stories from my family.
I guess one time Piersall once was yelling out of the press box challenging Eric Soderholm to a fight during a game.

Does anyone have any more stories concerning these two characters or where I could go to find some.

It'd be much appreciated.

Try this. (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/History&Glory/FalstaffHarry.htm)

To quote PHG, "Who loves ya baby."

Hondo
09-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks Daver!

Piersall sounded like quite the character.

Caray too.

If only I was born 15 years earlier.

duke of dorwood
09-09-2003, 09:15 PM
When LaRussa was manager, I believe there was a physical confrontation between our current bullpen coach Art Kusnyer, then a LaRussa coach, and Jimmy

flo-B-flo
09-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Man George you reduced me to tears. That Kusnyer LaRussa Leyland incident was at the TV STUDIO! At a Milwaukee game in 1973 Harry almost fell down the net behind the plate reaching for a foul ball with his net. We went back there and told him we were from Chicago and he arranged free FALSTAFF for my friends and I. WHAT a guy!! The phrase
" that wouldn't be a homerun in a phone booth" has followed me through all levels of ball I've played. It was Riensdorfs first huge mistake letting Harry and Jimmy go.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-09-2003, 09:42 PM
That page needs to be tidied up. Who is the lazy ass webmaster around here?

:smile:

Daver
09-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Who is the lazy ass webmaster around here?

http://www.tv1.com.au/img/db/programs/hogans.jpg

"I Know Nuthink!"