PDA

View Full Version : The "Cork" Shirts

A.T. Money
09-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Anyone buy one of these?

I'm gonna buy one today in the parking lot. I like how it says Sosa Cork Company on the front and the "Cork" on the back. Funny as hell.

I forgot to pack Sox gear, so I need some kind of fan paraphernalia! :D:

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2003, 04:47 PM
I have 3 anti Cub Shirts.

The Sammy Cork Co. shirt

The Cork that looks like the Cubs logo shirt

And one that says Cubs Suck in the front and on the back it says SOSUX

Hangar18
09-09-2003, 04:51 PM
hey SoxDe...er AT Money.....stop by my seats if you get a chance...by the Sox Bullpen, 157 row 11

A.T. Money
09-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
hey SoxDe...er AT Money.....stop by my seats if you get a chance...by the Sox Bullpen, 157 row 11

No can do bruddah!

I have sec 534 seats. Can't get to ya.

I saw you on Saturday man by the Harold Baines bobblehead stand. I think you had the Maggs jersey on. I would have said hi, but I was far away in line.

A.T. Money
09-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

The Cork that looks like the Cubs logo shirt

That's the one I want.

Unregistered
09-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
No can do bruddah!

I have sec 534 seats. Can't get to ya.
(somewhere JUGGERNAUT is laughing...)

A.T. Money
09-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Dude, if you want to stop by me you can. I'll be in 534 somewhere in the first 8 rows I think. I don't have the tix on me so I can't check.

I'll PM you my number.

nut_stock
09-09-2003, 11:15 PM
I bought the cork shirt when I was in Chicago a month back. I must say that it is very popular here in the St. Louis area. I've had a half dozen people ask me where I got it.

doublem23
09-09-2003, 11:23 PM
I got one of those Sammy Cork Company Shirts with the CORK logo on the back for 10 bucks about a month before I moved back to Peoria. Heh heh... I bought it while working with the Skokie Park District and the other counselor with me told me it would get destroyed the first time I put it through the wash.

3 washes and still strong! Your lies are as weak as your team, Cubby bitch! :gulp:

kittle42
09-09-2003, 11:41 PM
I made my own shirt.

In the front, it says "Cubs Suck."

In the back, it has a Sox logo up top and it says "Cub Fans Are Stupid" underneath.

My shirt is better than anyone's.

A.T. Money
09-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Well I bought my Cork shirt in the parking lot. It's sweeeeeeet.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Well I bought my Cork shirt in the parking lot. It's sweeeeeeet.

Are they still $10? I've been thinking about getting one as well.

DonkeyKongerko
09-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Ten dollars. Best ten dollars I ever spent. Everywhere I go this shirt arises controversy and dumb Cubs fans expose themselves for what they really are. Couldn't ask for anything more really. I just wish it never got dirty so I would never have to wash it and not wear it.

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Are they still $10? I've been thinking about getting one as well.

Yep, 10 bucks. You can get it on 37th street between lots E and F after the game.

ihatethecubs
09-10-2003, 04:14 AM
while i am a fan of any cubs mocking, i still think everyone should wear sox stuff to the game instead of anti-cubs stuff. but i really dont care, i own the shirt too, and i have the "southside roadkill" shirt with the diaper-wearing cubbie bear in a noose... hilarious!

alohafri
09-10-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
I made my own shirt.

In the front, it says "Cubs Suck."

In the back, it has a Sox logo up top and it says "Cub Fans Are Stupid" underneath.

My shirt is better than anyone's.

I think I saw you in the BullPen Bar on Tuesday.

Iwritecode
09-10-2003, 12:47 PM

Yep, 10 bucks. You can get it on 37th street between lots E and F after the game.

That's where I got mine. Although when I did, it was during the Cubs/Sox series. I thought that it was just something they were doing while they were playing the Cubs. I didn't find out that it's a season-long thing until a couple of months later when I heard a radio host (sorry, I don't remember which one) complaining about Sox fans buying those shirts instead of supporting their own team.

I have to disagree with that. If you ask me, an anti-Cubs shirt is basically a Sox shirt. It just doesn't have the Sox logo on it. While I was at the game, I bought 2 Sox shirts and 1 hat. Plus add in the cost of attending the game and concessions, I can proudly say I was out supporting my team that day. I don't think spending 10 bucks on a spur-of-the-moment shirt as I'm leaving the park is going to hurt anything.

Originally posted by ihatethecubs
while i am a fan of any cubs mocking, i still think everyone should wear sox stuff to the game instead of anti-cubs stuff.

Interesting comments considering your username... :smile:

kittle42
09-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I think I saw you in the BullPen Bar on Tuesday.

Well, a belated hello to you, then!

alohafri
09-10-2003, 02:21 PM
I like the logo shirt best that has the big "C" and "ork"--at first glance it looks like a regular dumb cub shirt, then you realize it says Cork! There have been many times that I've been a wee bit ticked off when I see the shirt on someone at a Sox game, thinking a scrub fan is there, only to get closer (I'm a bit nearsighted) and see that it's the cork shirt--- LOL!!

--Mrs. Aloha

chisoxfanatic
09-10-2003, 03:43 PM

Only AFTER the game??? Do they sell them there BEFORE the game as well?

I'm going to the game on the 19th and quite possibly will go to the Bullpen Sports Bar after the game, which means the vendor would probably be gone before I got there! I don't want to miss my opportunity to purchase one of those!

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
Only AFTER the game??? Do they sell them there BEFORE the game as well?

I'm going to the game on the 19th and quite possibly will go to the Bullpen Sports Bar after the game, which means the vendor would probably be gone before I got there! I don't want to miss my opportunity to purchase one of those!

They only seem to be there AFTER the game, and I park in lot F for every game. I wish it would be there before as well, but they aren't there.