PDA

View Full Version : Would Bill Veeck have embraced this fan-website?

Medford Bobby
09-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Thinking about Bill Veeck's open door policy (in fact there was no door at all) that any fan could stop by and talk to Bill about the club. He had that Sunday morning radio show in which he listen to fan suggestions and complaints. Would Bill stop on line to see what the Sox fans are saying? :?: ....would he link WSI to the clubs website?? :cool: Does this current regime read or even care what US true fans are saying about the team and the Ball-Mall?? :angry: You could always grab Bill for a beer, but would you see the Sunshine Regime pull up a :gulp: cold suds with their"FANS"???

:veeck "I would not only embrace WSI but pick up the tab on the first round! :gulp: "

TornLabrum
09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
If Veeck were still running the club, PHG would have his press pass.

MarqSox
09-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Veeck would be a WSI Church Elder.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
If Veeck were still running the club, PHG would have his press pass.

Yeah, but I would be passing it through the gate for the rest of you to get in, too.

:smile:

ode to veeck
09-09-2003, 08:12 PM
there'd be a huge WSI cyber cafe at one end of the bar at Miller's Pub

iwcup
09-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I would be hard pressed to think that WSI does not at least garner some interest by the Sox front office.

Yes, my name is blackhawks specific, but my Grandfrather made me a hawks and a sox fan. I am a season ticket holder for the hawks, and I have had my ticket rep either call or email me on a few occasions that I have posted something on the board, that was shall we say less than pleasant towards the front office. They have also contacted the webmaster concerning information that was unclear or wrong.

and Yes Veeck would embrace this site. too bad the current regime doesnt....

Daver
09-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by iwcup
I would be hard pressed to think that WSI does not at least garner some interest by the Sox front office.

Yes, my name is blackhawks specific, but my Grandfrather made me a hawks and a sox fan. I am a season ticket holder for the hawks, and I have had my ticket rep either call or email me on a few occasions that I have posted something on the board, that was shall we say less than pleasant towards the front office. They have also contacted the webmaster concerning information that was unclear or wrong.

and Yes Veeck would embrace this site. too bad the current regime doesnt....

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

iwcup
09-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks Daver,

been llurking for a while now figured it was time to start posting...

love the site, and all the info...

Go Sox

ShoelessFred
09-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Mr. Veeck would have called this site the OFFICIAL white sox website.

BILL VEECK IS GOD!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-10-2003, 12:10 AM
I am glad you all like Bill Veeck, because our Uncle Jerry Reinsdorf never liked Veeck. However, I am a Veeckologist, if there is even such a thing.
To keep in mind the topic, Yes. Bill would have liked this site. He always loved to talk with fans. Before this "internet" thing came about. Veeck would go to the different factories at 4am with a trunk full of beer and talk baseball with graveyard shift workers.

Anyway, I don't think I have to explain how I got my user name. :D:

Irishsox1
09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Veeck would have loved the site, but then he would run out of money and wouldn't be able to pay his internet bill and then be forced to sell the site to the Yankees for a bag of balls.

ode to veeck
09-10-2003, 12:52 PM
wouldn't be able to pay his internet bill and then be forced to sell the site to the Yankees for a bag of balls.

but seriously, PHG, you have to warn us if this is imminent anytime for WSI :redneck