PDA

View Full Version : Biddle over Lowe?

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 01:21 PM
Is Lowe now back to being strictly a reliever, or will the Sox just play whichever pitcher is hotter?

KempersRS
08-28-2001, 01:27 PM
Well, I am guessing since they are 1 game over .500, they know tonight is a must lose game, thats why they sent Biddle out. Maybe if they drop below .500 they will send Lowe out and try to win.

Paulwny
08-28-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Well, I am guessing since they are 1 game over .500, they know tonight is a must lose game, thats why they sent Biddle out. Maybe if they drop below .500 they will send Lowe out and try to win.

Sounds logical to me, Kempers you have management potential.

El Train
08-28-2001, 02:04 PM
Maybe there's a deeper mysterious way of determining the rotation. As in rock beats scissors or Heads its Lowe and Tails its Biddle.

KVinc
08-28-2001, 03:08 PM
its not fair to put biddle in the rotation over Kip, but i guess they want to see biddle get rocked

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 03:12 PM
Now that Kip's been effective out of the pen, I think he'll stay there for the rest of the season. Face it, the Sox pen has been sucky this year. They need every good arm they can get.

:walk :vining :osuna :embree

Are you talking about me?

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Is Lowe now back to being strictly a reliever, or will the Sox just play whichever pitcher is hotter?

:sean
I made some bad comments about the organization so I'm back in the pen. Look for me to be traded in the offseason.

oldcomiskey
08-28-2001, 05:16 PM
in all honesty Osuna was hurt---but the rest of the bullpen save for Foulke and Glover and very few others has been shaky at best--I mean we get stuck with Embree from the left side--Howry on the right--Sounds like an old Gerry Rafferty song--Clowns to the left of me--jokers to the right--here I am stuck in the middle of the AL Central

KVinc
08-28-2001, 10:23 PM
i know all the osuna bashing is becoming quite annoying, he has been great reliever when healthy, so i guess if Marino Rivera put a 4.00 e.r.a. up next year and blows 10 saves you guys would call him a has-been remeber one year doesnt make a person especially if it was an injury riddled one.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
i know all the osuna bashing is becoming quite annoying, he has been great reliever when healthy, so i guess if Marino Rivera put a 4.00 e.r.a. up next year and blows 10 saves you guys would call him a has-been remeber one year doesnt make a person especially if it was an injury riddled one.

KVinc, did Osuna even have 2 decent outings for the Sox?

I was at the home opener, the one at which Osuna gave up the grand slam that capped the Tigers' comeback. A disgusting show of relief pitching if there ever was one.

Osuna needs to prove up next year, and in spades, in my opinion.