PDA

View Full Version : to Howard Sudberry and all other media dweebs who rip Sox fans...BITE ME!

captain54
09-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Howard Sudburry on the Channel 2 10:00 Monday night sports report said, "only 32 M at US Cellular for tonites game, pretty sorry..."....

To Howard Sudburry, Dan Roan, and all you other media dorks that rip Sox fans for not showing up...YOU CAN LICK MY TASTY WHITE MIDDLE AGED ASS!!.....

There are thousands of us who have supported the Sox year after year after year, ...the games, the SoxFests, the Sox camps, the merchandise, etc.....let's be honest, the White Sox havent won a damn thing in a long, long time....the last time the Sox were in the World Series, I was 5 years old......pretty sad....

This has been an up and down year....we havent won a damn thing yet.....some of us just can't possibly attend every damn game....

So lay off.....we've paid our dues.....we've suffered enough....we don't need media dweebs commenting on whether we're real Sox fans or not.....

Unregistered
09-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by captain54
YOU CAN LICK MY TASTY WHITE MIDDLE AGED ASS!!.....
:o: (tasty?)

WhiteSoxWinner
09-09-2003, 04:06 PM
So captain, tell us how you really feel.

MarqSox
09-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. You may not like it, but they're tellin' it like it is ... attendance is pathetic, and we've gone over the reasons a million times so I don't want to start that discussion again, but the end result is, we ought to have more fans out there. Period.

Hangar18
09-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Imagine the Japanese Businessman.....in his hotel room, catching the evenings news, wanting to see whats "happening" in Chicago.......only to have a Howard "Bad Hair" Sudberry inform him that The local team, the WhiteSox, "ONLY" had 32K in attendance last nite. The general tone in his voice makes the viewer think this team Is Viewed with Scorn and Ridicule in this city. He goes home to Kobe or Okinawa ....... his children want to know why he bought blue hats with a red C on them, as souvenirs......He explains the other team is Not the Favorite there, and in fact the Cubs are, evidenced by the way the Media is always GUSHING about them, so they must be Right......His Children, now with piqued interest, surf the "net" to find out more about this mysterious team. They search the local papers, and see Nearly Triple the Coverage, exciting, with photos........ these Children now tell
their friends about this team .............

Viva Magglio
09-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Howard Sudburry on the Channel 2 10:00 Monday night sports report said, "only 32 M at US Cellular for tonites game, pretty sorry...

32M? If we had that amount of people there last night, it would have been an all time for anything.

Unregistered
09-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Imagine the Japanese Businessman..... This story brings a tear to my eye. All we need is the Battle Hymn of the Republic playing in the background... :D:

GoSox2K3
09-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. You may not like it, but they're tellin' it like it is ... attendance is pathetic, and we've gone over the reasons a million times so I don't want to start that discussion again, but the end result is, we ought to have more fans out there. Period.

See the other thread about how the Cubs drew "only" 32k for two of their games against the Cards.

I've heard all the crap about 1/2 price night and low attenance at other games, etc. And I agree that, in general, attendance is a problem for the Sox. But, the fact is that the Sox attendance last night was roughly equivalent to attendance at the Cubs/Cards LoveFest.

The local media was definitely out of line last night. They just can't stand saying anything nice about our team.

LuvSox
09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
And Sudberry is on CBS. Advantage Sox fans.

Chisox353014
09-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Did these drillrods happen to mention at any point that the entire crowd was pretty much hanging on every pitch? Or doesn't that count for anything?

captain54
09-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
:o: (tasty?)

yeah, kinda salty but not bad.....

hold2dibber
09-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

(1) Sox attendance was crappy in the first half when the team was crappy. IIRC, they've averaged about 30,000 per game since the break - i.e., since they started playing well. Nothing wrong with that, and it certainly isn't pathetic - it's entirely justifiable, IMHO.

(2) There have been a few games where attendance has been disappointing. Last night, however, was not one of them. They drew about 33,000 - most of any game in the majors, and more than the Cubs/Cards drew in 2 of their games at Wrigley last week. I don't remember Sudberry saying that it was "sorry" that there were "only" 32,000 at those Cubs games.

LuvSox
09-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Did these drillrods happen to mention at any point that the entire crowd was pretty much hanging on every pitch? Or doesn't that count for anything?

Good point. I have not seen that much electricity there in a long time. I was standing out on the concourse watching the game. It was pretty empty most of the game, aside from the 'tween innings crowds.

Dan H
09-09-2003, 10:54 PM
We have to stop listening to these people. The media have been ripping Sox fans for years. I have begun to tune them out.

For one thing, going to a baseball game isn't free. You can't tell a person what to do with his or her free time and money. Secondly the fans who have come have really gotten into the game. I don't see a real problem.

If a fan had the chance to talk to one of these airheads about this issue, they wouldn't listen. They don't care about history or any possible reasons why attendance isn't better. They are just scared of losing their access to the team. They have no credibility.

It is too bad the Sox won't give press passes to WSI. Then we could come to at least one place for reliable information. You certainly won't get it from the Chicago sports media.

By the way, did anyone really think Ron Rapoport cared what we thought?

fledgedrallycap
09-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Look at this way, nobody saw the coverage on Channel 2 since there are about four people in the Chicagoland Area that actually watch their news broadcast.

My problem was just the reporting of incorrect information, I believe Channel 5 reported that Flash was the pitcher who "struggled in the ninth". I didn't hear anyone rip into the attendance last night, but Burlymon mentioned that last night was the loudest sporting event he has ever attended. Great job to all who went!

34 Inch Stick
09-10-2003, 09:21 AM
yeah, kinda salty but not bad.....

As long as it is not chocalatey!

Mammoo
09-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Instead of crying about the people that don't show up, media outlets should praise the people that do!

Like the song says:

"Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative!" :smile:

Dan H
09-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
Instead of crying about the people that don't show up, media outlets should praise the people that do!

Like the song says:

"Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative!" :smile:

I am a little surprised McNeil is sticking up for fans since he has been such a big fan critic in the past.

steff
09-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

OMFG!!! I LOVE that tomato!!

ChiSoxBobette
09-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Howard Sudburry on the Channel 2 10:00 Monday night sports report said, "only 32 M at US Cellular for tonites game, pretty sorry..."....

To Howard Sudburry, Dan Roan, and all you other media dorks that rip Sox fans for not showing up...YOU CAN LICK MY TASTY WHITE MIDDLE AGED ASS!!.....

There are thousands of us who have supported the Sox year after year after year, ...the games, the SoxFests, the Sox camps, the merchandise, etc.....let's be honest, the White Sox havent won a damn thing in a long, long time....the last time the Sox were in the World Series, I was 5 years old......pretty sad....

This has been an up and down year....we havent won a damn thing yet.....some of us just can't possibly attend every damn game....

So lay off.....we've paid our dues.....we've suffered enough....we don't need media dweebs commenting on whether we're real Sox fans or not.....

Don't even worry about the media in Chicago or across the country They're all in love with the flubs. I'm a weekend season ticket holder because 1st of all I can't attend every home game coming from Oswego and then going to work every morning 2nd of all it seems like mainstream flub fans I guess have all the time in the world to go to flub games and from what I've seen when I see these flub lovers at US Cell. rooting against the White Sox
get so drunk they can barely walk and the only time they pay attention is when corky sosa is up the rest of the time they're talking on cell phones or visiting with whoever is there with them.

Go White Sox!