PDA

View Full Version : Sellout at the Humdome next week?

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2003, 02:09 PM
I was just looking into the possibility of getting tickets (via the Twins web site) to go up to the Humpdome next week. I keep getting the message "We're sorry, we were unable to process your request due to high transaction volumes. Please try to submit your request again" no matter what section I request tickets in.

I don't know if that means they are already sold out, or just that their server is tied up with requests, but either way it sounds like it's going to be a big crowd.

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Im guessing they use www.tickets.com to sell their tickets and simply they suck. That message does not mean they are sold out.

moochpuppy
09-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Nellie,

As of yesterday there were still lower level reserved seats ($21.00) still available for all four games on both the 3rd and 1st base side. I went through Twins.com around 3pm and didn't have a problem.

Procol Harum
09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
I'd be surprised if they sold out--last time we were up there they were getting 17,000-18,000 a night and I was wondering if the Chicago media were going to start flaming Twinkie fans for not supporting their pennant-contending team....

moochpuppy
09-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
I'd be surprised if they sold out--last time we were up there they were getting 17,000-18,000 a night and I was wondering if the Chicago media were going to start flaming Twinkie fans for not supporting their pennant-contending team....

I don't think they will sell out either but they should be close to capacity. During their last series with the Royals in town they drew over 30,000 for each game.

LASOXFAN
09-09-2003, 02:42 PM
I disagree. I think the Sox and Twins will be tied again going into next week's 3-game stretch. We'll win 3 of 4 at the Cell, be up 2 going into the weekend and lose 2 of 3 to the Red Sox while the Twins sweep the Tribe (please, I hope I'm wrong, but the evidence is pretty overwhelming).

I think that stinking dome is going to be close to packed. That's where the rubber meets the road in our season...IMHO.

No matter what, this is an awesome season and a great, great race to the finish!

That said, I will still be in an inconsolable funk if my beloved Sox don't come out on top.

moochpuppy
09-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
I disagree. I think the Sox and Twins will be tied again going into next week's 3-game stretch. We'll win 3 of 4 at the Cell, be up 2 going into the weekend and lose 2 of 3 to the Red Sox while the Twins sweep the Tribe (please, I hope I'm wrong, but the evidence is pretty overwhelming).

Where is the overwhelming evidence? The Twins are 5-8 versus the Tribe this season and the BoSox were lucky to get out of Chicago with those wins.

shane
09-09-2003, 03:23 PM
I would bet tickets.com as well, as this is a typical message from them. They suck real bad, which is why they got delisted from the Nasdaq. If using tickets.com, that message does not mean they are sold out. It's their way of saying, "Use the phone, because we can't handle high traffic throughput at this site."

jeremyb1
09-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Man, I live up here and I was planning on just walking up, it never occured to me there could be a rush for tickets. I'll have to get on that.