PDA

View Full Version : Big League Home Run Championships

doublem23
09-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Okay, so maybe I'm a little late on this, but I'm watching some ESPN and they have this thing that went on in Las Vegas before Spring Training (I guess, not sure of the time, but it looks damn cold out).

Anyways, apparently, Magglio won! And I just watched him launch 10 bombs in 1 inning (An inning, for those that don't know, it's just like the Home Run Derby where every non-homer is ano out; but in this each player gets 3 per inning and usually have 5-inning contests). It was ridiculous... Why didn't I hear/know of this until now?

Why is it that I think if Sammy had put a show on for the fans, we would have been bombarded with that footage for weeks?

Iwritecode
09-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Okay, so maybe I'm a little late on this, but I'm watching some ESPN and they have this thing that went on in Las Vegas before Spring Training (I guess, not sure of the time, but it looks damn cold out).

Anyways, apparently, Magglio won! And I just watched him launch 10 bombs in 1 inning (An inning, for those that don't know, it's just like the Home Run Derby where every non-homer is ano out; but in this each player gets 3 per inning and usually have 5-inning contests). It was ridiculous... Why didn't I hear/know of this until now?

Why is it that I think if Sammy had put a show on for the fans, we would have been bombarded with that footage for weeks?

There were a couple of threads about this when it happened and then again when it finally aired (months later) on ESPN.

Not sure how/why you missed it...

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Um...............because Sham-ME* is a big, self-centered egomaniacal camera hog, that's why.

:nandrolone

I like-a to take da big swin at da ball.

OEO Magglio
09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Um...............because Sham-ME* is a big, self-centered egomaniacal camera hog, that's why.
What a perfect description of corky.