PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the day - 9/9

Iwritecode
09-09-2003, 12:03 PM
This one courtesy of Twins manager Ron Gardenhire:

"The trouble is [the Sox] keep hitting it over the fence. We have our defense set inside the park, and they hit it outside the park. And Thomas isn't the only one. Their whole lineup can hit."

I know he wasn't trying to be funny, but it gave me a chuckle...

:)

Procol Harum
09-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
"The trouble is [the Sox] keep hitting it over the fence. We have our defense set inside the park, and they hit it outside the park.

He has put his finger on a real problem, hasn't he? :)

Unregistered
09-09-2003, 12:11 PM
I like this one:

"The White Sox are better than us. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that we do, in fact, suck." -Ron Gardenhire

OK, he never said that... but he should. The Twinks are so big on "bulletin board material", reading that one in the paper from their own manager would certainly get them all 'riled up... :D:

MisterB
09-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
This one courtesy of Twins manager Ron Gardenhire:

"The trouble is [the Sox] keep hitting it over the fence. We have our defense set inside the park, and they hit it outside the park. And Thomas isn't the only one. Their whole lineup can hit."

I know he wasn't trying to be funny, but it gave me a chuckle...

:)

Interesting comment coming after a game in which the Sox beat them without the benefit of a home run.

voodoochile
09-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Interesting comment coming after a game in which the Sox beat them without the benefit of a home run.

I hope he's right tonight and tomorrow night and Thursday day...

Iwritecode
09-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MisterB

Actually, he made this comment before the game.

Which, of course, makes it that much funnier...

Bobby Thigpen
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
We have our defense set inside the park, and they hit it outside the park.

Ron Gardenhire, genius of the century. Now only if he could position people in the stands to catch the balls. :smile: