PDA

View Full Version : Cub fan hyped over 2-game win streak

CubKiller
08-28-2001, 11:56 AM
Kinda funny and sad story --

A co-worker of mine (didn't like baseball last year, but now is a big Cub fan), was all hyped up yesterday (Monday).

I heard him repeatedly asking people if they were "gonna watch the Cubbies tonight".

Kinda funny no matter what - but especially funny because they DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A GAME THAT NIGHT!

I made sure not to say anything. Then later, I heard him ask yet another person (over the phone) if they were gonna watch the Cubbies. There was a breif silence, then I heard him go 'uuugh'.

I'm pretty sure that the Cubs haven't won more then 3 in a row since before they came to Comisky in June. But every time they notch a win, lots of Cub fans think everything is straightened out.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 12:16 PM
You should really throw him for a loop and ask him:

A) What division the Flubs are in.

B) Who the other teams are in the Flubs' division.

That'll stump him!

Chisox353014
08-28-2001, 12:39 PM
Another stumper: ask him if they are in first place. I'd be willing to bet a big chunk of change that he would say yes.

chisoxt
08-28-2001, 01:48 PM
There is a loud-mouthed Bozo in my office that's always chirping when the Cubs are doing well, but when they're not, he claims he's not a big baseball fan. Either you're a fan, or you're not.

LuvChiSox
08-28-2001, 03:43 PM
Typical cub "fans" (and I use that term loosely) don't know much about baseball, much less the team. But ask them what kind of beer they sell at Wrigley......

Oh, and you all know that Cruz is the next Pedro, right?

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 03:48 PM
Oh, and you all know that Cruz is the next Pedro, right?

:knue

2 games is more than enough to convince me!

oldcomiskey
08-28-2001, 04:28 PM
theres this guy I work with-- A Cub fan---or should I say former fan now---He got ill when they got rid of Grace --so now he says hes a D Back fan---but.....every time the Cubs win hes in my face and I have to remind him that hes not a Cub fan anymore..Thats typical