PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was at Wrigley

faneidde
09-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Well, a couple of buddies and myself made the trip up from West Lafayette tonight to see the Sox and Twins. We got upper deck tickets for $7 and enjoyed a great first few innings. Then, these two morons 2 rows in front of us pulled out a gatorade bottle full of rum and drank all of it. They got a couple of beers and one guy got some peanuts. The guy with the peanuts starts throwing them at random people. He about got in a fight in the 5th inning, but the other guys backed down. Then, just as the Twins got runners on 2nd and 3rd, the moron hit the wrong group of guys with a peanut. Before I know what happened, there are 4 guys from a few rows up just pummeling the two guys in front of us. The one not throwing the peanuts gets up and he and 2 of the other guys tumble down 5 or 6 rows and brawl into the aisle. The guy who was throwing the peanuts and started the whole thing tried to run away. Security finally came and detained everyone but that idiot throwing the peanuts. What a stroke!

Oh well, the Sox won, which brings them to 8-0 in games I've been to in my life.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by faneidde
Oh well, the Sox won, which brings them to 8-0 in games I've been to in my life.
We gotta get you to more games then!!!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-09-2003, 01:47 AM
faneidde,

It would not surprise me if many of those strokes were Cub fans, remember Eric Dybas? Of course you do, the media won't let us forget him or William Ligue. Sadly, I know these idiots names!

Anyway, half-price nights attract families and stupid drunk cub folk an everyone else inbetween. :(:

steff
09-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Thank God that UD policy is in place.. otherwise I bet we'd know these guys names, too.

hsnterprize
09-09-2003, 07:55 AM
Even though I'm not crazy about the policy, it's good that the only bad thing some members of the press are finding about last night's game is that the ballpark wasn't 100% full, and not about some idiot who runs on the field and causes trouble.

steff
09-09-2003, 07:57 AM
prize.. were you in the box last night? I was in Miller's box (227) right next to you if you were. I was LMAO when the foul ball came sailing in there.

hsnterprize
09-09-2003, 08:03 AM
I wish I was...had to do laundry. There's a lotta clothes to wash when you've got 2 kids. If anything, I wish I was Saturday's game...loved to see the 83 uni's again.

hsnterprize
09-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Steff...every time I've been in the box, no foul ball has come near me. I saw a ball fly by me about 15 feet from where I was sitting, but to closer. One Friday night, I was at a game where it was pretty chilly outside. The windows were closed, and wouldn't you know it, a foul ball came right in my direction...only to bounce off the glass. I was ready to catch it and everything. Bummer.

Hey bud...now that I have your attention, what's up with the BBQ? I appreciate the PM, but how are the plans coming along?

LuvSox
09-09-2003, 08:18 AM
I'll bet it was JUGGERNAUT throwing the peanuts in the UD :D:

Procol Harum
09-09-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by steff
Thank God that UD policy is in place.. otherwise I bet we'd know these guys names, too.

On the one hand, we could only hope that one of these mopes would've tried to get on the field from the upper deck...like the electric chair, it would reduce the moron recidivism rate by one :D: Unfortunately, the media would use the whole incident to point out how unsafe the Cell's upper deck is....

Jerko
09-09-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I'll bet it was JUGGERNAUT throwing the peanuts in the UD :D:

No, he's so worried about attendance that he didn't go if he couldn't sit downstairs.

34 Inch Stick
09-09-2003, 10:07 AM
On a side not I am glad securtiy threw the guy out who picked up the ground rule double.

Randar68
09-09-2003, 10:54 AM

Ahh, the UD on half-price night. BTW, 8-0!?!??? You need to ask Jerryif you can move into USCF!

bc2k
09-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
On a side not I am glad securtiy threw the guy out who picked up the ground rule double.

That guy made a positive play for our Sox. Who knows if Lee bobbles that ball and the runner scores. If I'm ever in that situation to potentially save a run for the Sox, I will do my duty and take one for the team like that guy last night.

doublem23
09-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
That guy made a positive play for our Sox. Who knows if Lee bobbles that ball and the runner scores. If I'm ever in that situation to potentially save a run for the Sox, I will do my duty and take one for the team like that guy last night.

I'm 99% sure he was thinking, "Hey cool! A ball!"

bc2k
09-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I'm 99% sure he was thinking, "Hey cool! A ball!"

I'm 99% sure you're right.

Huisj
09-09-2003, 01:23 PM
The title of this thread reminded me of saturday against cleveland. I was sitting in right, and the guy who got the first cleveland homer threw it back. Two stupid loud mouths were shouting to throw it back and the rest of the section was screaming things like "this isn't wrigley" and "we're not cub fans" and even "we're not morons", but the idiot gave in to the pressure of the two loudmouthed dorks who were yelling to throw it back. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!

gosox41
09-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, a couple of buddies and myself made the trip up from West Lafayette tonight to see the Sox and Twins. We got upper deck tickets for $7 and enjoyed a great first few innings. Then, these two morons 2 rows in front of us pulled out a gatorade bottle full of rum and drank all of it. They got a couple of beers and one guy got some peanuts. The guy with the peanuts starts throwing them at random people. He about got in a fight in the 5th inning, but the other guys backed down. Then, just as the Twins got runners on 2nd and 3rd, the moron hit the wrong group of guys with a peanut. Before I know what happened, there are 4 guys from a few rows up just pummeling the two guys in front of us. The one not throwing the peanuts gets up and he and 2 of the other guys tumble down 5 or 6 rows and brawl into the aisle. The guy who was throwing the peanuts and started the whole thing tried to run away. Security finally came and detained everyone but that idiot throwing the peanuts. What a stroke!

If that was the brawl in the UD behind the Twins on deck circle last night, it looked like a good one.

Bob

bobj4400
09-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
The title of this thread reminded me of saturday against cleveland. I was sitting in right, and the guy who got the first cleveland homer threw it back. Two stupid loud mouths were shouting to throw it back and the rest of the section was screaming things like "this isn't wrigley" and "we're not cub fans" and even "we're not morons", but the idiot gave in to the pressure of the two loudmouthed dorks who were yelling to throw it back. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!

I was sitting in the club level on Sunday, and watched closely after both Cleveland homeruns to see if some moron would pull the ultimate Comiskey sin. To my pleasant surprise, I dont think either ball was thrown back...it gave me some hope that our anti-throw back campaign is beginning to work.

maurice
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Huisj

I was screaming, "Throw it to me, you moron."

Security should eject these fools from the park for throwing objects onto the field. I'm not kidding. Add this warning to Paulie's taped segment about running on the field, which they play on the scoreboard during every game.

steff
09-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize

Hey bud...now that I have your attention, what's up with the BBQ? I appreciate the PM, but how are the plans coming along?

The BBQ is comming along. Still have not heard a peep from a lot of folks on if they are attending or what they are bringing. So.. if you (not you prize) are one of those folks, you might want to let me know ASAP.

34 Inch Stick
09-09-2003, 02:51 PM
On another good note, it was a half price crowd of over 30,000 and I did not see even the hint of a wave.

TornLabrum
09-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Even though I'm not crazy about the policy, it's good that the only bad thing some members of the press are finding about last night's game is that the ballpark wasn't 100% full, and not about some idiot who runs on the field and causes trouble.

I think I have an idea for my next column! Something about the fact that Sox fans tend to be more intelligent than Cubs fans. This is a result of our parents not taking us to the ball park on school days and school nights, insisting instead that we actually attend school and develop our brains.

On the other hand, those big crowds at Wrigley during the week....