PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Twin's SP for tomorrow...

chisoxt
09-08-2003, 11:21 PM
The guy looks like he's 50 years old.....may be some sort of secret weapon.

gosox41
09-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
The guy looks like he's 50 years old.....may be some sort of secret weapon.

If I'm not mistaken, we've never faced him so he'll probably shut us down. Maybe for the other 2 games the Twins will bring Blyleven and Morris out of retirement.

Bob

MRKARNO
09-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
If I'm not mistaken, we've never faced him so he'll probably shut us down. Maybe for the other 2 games the Twins will bring Blyleven and Morris out of retirement.

Bob

I'm pretty sure that we hadnt seen at least one or two of the indians starters and we managed to sweep them.....

hose
09-08-2003, 11:38 PM
They showed high lights of Pulido's last apperance at Comiskey, Kirby Puckett was in rightfield.

Hurt took Pulido deep.

jabrch
09-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

Bull****s and excuses...We can hit Pulido...no problem....

I just decided I will be going to the game. Looks like plenty of seats available.

HawkDJ
09-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Secret weapon?
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/120800.jpg

fquaye149
09-09-2003, 12:35 AM
that guy's sweet looking. i don't care what any of you say

LuvSox
09-09-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
that guy's sweet looking. i don't care what any of you say

You have some 'splaining to do

mac9001
09-09-2003, 12:59 AM
I believe Frank is 3-6 with 2 HR's vs Pulido in his career. Something to think about when making your PTC.

A.T. Money
09-09-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
Secret weapon?

HAHAHAAHA!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
Secret weapon?

looks more like the equipment manager!

(intercourse) him and the Twins! :D:

sorry, I had to use the "i" word again, I just thought doublem23 would get a kick out of it! :smile:

voodoochile
09-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
(intercourse) him and the Twins! :D:

sorry, I had to use the "i" word again, I just thought doublem23 would get a kick out of it! :smile:

You do realize it merely means communicate until you put the word "sexual" in front of it, right?

Not that you should start doing that either... :D:

Soxfan7070
09-09-2003, 12:27 PM
:JB
Cmon!!! Give me a chance!!!

ShoelessFred
09-09-2003, 12:47 PM
:nardi
Only if your shoulder is bothering you.

Lip Man 1
09-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Before we laugh too much remember the Sox track record against pitchers they've never seen before.

Let's laugh AFTER the game.

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
09-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You do realize it merely means communicate until you put the word "sexual" in front of it, right?

Not that you should start doing that either... :D:

Good point Voodoo, but I think everyone knew what I meant. However, I am sure many of us learned something new today, so let us apply it to our daily lives.
I think I'll finally talk to the hot girl at work

Me: "Hey can we intercourse for a couple of minutes"
Her: (spraying pepper spray in my eyes) Ewwwww!

Anyone know a good sexual harrassment lawyer? :D:

FanOf14
09-09-2003, 01:43 PM
LOL! :) Thank the Lord it is lunchtime here and no one was around to hear that laugh.

GoSox2K3
09-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Before we laugh too much remember the Sox track record against pitchers they've never seen before.

Lip

You're absolutely right. I get worried everytime the Sox face a "nobody" with a high ERA that they have never faced before. Always seems like those guys shut us down.

delben91
09-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Since I know next to nothing about Pulido except for the stats I can bring up, I was curios if ma-gaga or fqwhagads would be able to share some thoughts on what they think of him?

Would you guys have picked him to start tonight? Or some other pitcher on the Twins roster/in the Twins system?

fhqwhgads
09-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Since I know next to nothing about Pulido except for the stats I can bring up, I was curios if ma-gaga or fqwhagads would be able to share some thoughts on what they think of him?

Would you guys have picked him to start tonight? Or some other pitcher on the Twins roster/in the Twins system?

He looked very good in relief against the AAAngels on Wednesday. One hit in 3.2 innings, 2 K, 0 BB. I was at the game, and I was unexpectedly impressed at the stuff he showed.

I would rather try Milton, but I think that Pulido is the lesser of many evils. All I ask is for a better 1st inning than last night. :(:

GO TWINS!

dougs78
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Lip is right. We have a tough time against guys we are facing for the first time. Even worse is this guy is a double whammy. He's also a soft-tossing lefty, which we have also struggled against in the past.

Lets put another 5 spot up in the first and then I'll be certain we're going to rock him. :D:

Bucktown
09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
I just heard on the pre-game that this is his first big-league start since 1994. It sounds like he battled like hell to get back here. There is a part of me that would like to see him do well...

OK, I just cut off that part of me off.