PDA

View Full Version : For another 5 minutes or so...

cheeses_h_rice
09-08-2003, 11:07 PM
...there will be 2 first-place-by-themselves baseball teams in Chicago, on September 8.

(Astros are 3 outs from getting back to even with the Flubs.)

ihatethecubs
09-08-2003, 11:13 PM
lets hope thats the last 5 minutes that happens, and we stay put.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Game over. Houston wins. Astros gain first place, identical record with the Flubs!

:bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Game over. Houston wins. Astros gain first place, identical record with the Flubs!

:bandance:

Whoops. Not quite yet.

I'm so excited. :D:

ode to veeck
09-08-2003, 11:18 PM
I still thnk a *perfect* Sox season has to be one they repeat the '06 World Series and thrub the cubs in a cross town classic

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Game over! Houston wins. Like I said before...

:supernana:

cheeses_h_rice
Nah, a perfect Sox season would be the Sox winning the Central, the Flubs losing their division by 1 game (so that we could reinforce the fact that those 4 of 6 that the Sox took from the Flubs this summer REALLY, REALLY HURT), and then the Sox run the table with sweeps in every postseason series.

No likely, but...one can dream.

:gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
Originally posted by ode to veeck
I still thnk a *perfect* Sox season has to be one they repeat the '06 World Series and thrub the cubs in a cross town classic

If less than perfect still leads to a WS WS victory, you won't hear any complaining from me.

:D:

jabrch
09-08-2003, 11:39 PM
about the Cubs. For the sake of the city, I'd love to see a city series, but if the White Sox win the world series, I don't care if they beat the Cubs, the Braves or the Washington Senators. I want to go to the White Sox World Series Championship Celebration in Grant Park.

How I get there is irrelevant...as long as I get there, preferably while my Grandfather is still alive.

TDog
09-08-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
about the Cubs. For the sake of the city, I'd love to see a city series, but if the White Sox win the world series, I don't care if they beat the Cubs, the Braves or the Washington Senators. I want to go to the White Sox World Series Championship Celebration in Grant Park.

How I get there is irrelevant...as long as I get there, preferably while my Grandfather is still alive.

Do you think there would be a celebration in Grant Park if the Cubs lost the World Series?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by TDog
Do you think there would be a celebration in Grant Park if the Cubs lost the World Series?

This raises an interesting question...

Just suppose the Sox and Cubs DID meet in the World Series, and the Sox won. Who here doubts the Flubbie fans would want to share the Grant Park celebration as though it was a victory for "all" of Chicago baseball?

Come on... you can admit it... :smile:

dougs78
09-08-2003, 11:50 PM

Just suppose the Sox and Cubs DID meet in the World Series, and the Sox won. Who here doubts the Flubbie fans would want to share the Grant Park celebration as though it was a victory for "all" of Chicago baseball?

God. I never thought about it, but you know its true. However, I would certainly hope that Mayor Daley and the White Sox organization would put their foot down with a big fat "NO." I mean if you want to have a Chicago Baseball celebration a few days later, sure thats great. But if its a World Series Celebration I damn sure don't want anyone hogging the Sox spotlight.

(edit)
However, if the cubs and their fans want to come and be SPECTATORS at OUR celebration, then good for them.

TDog
09-08-2003, 11:58 PM

I don't see how there could be a celebration with so much of the city in mourning.

Procol Harum
09-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Geez, the only precedent for something like you guys are envisioning with Sox fans whoopin' it up while Cub fans mourn after a Series victory might be the celebration that the Orangemen in Northern Ireland have pulled off every year since 1690 to commemorate the butt-whoopin' the forces of the Protestant William of Orange laid on the followers of the ousted Catholic King James II at the Battle of the Boyne--and in many towns the Protestants had a habit of marching through the Catholic sections to make their point.

Come to think of it, it's a wonder Sox fans haven't been marching through the North Side since 1906..... :D:

adsit
09-09-2003, 01:28 AM

I think Cub fans would try to screw it up somehow, with consequences that would make it look more like the '68 Democratic Convention, part deux.

So we have to decide right now... who among us will shinny up a light pole on Balbo, watch for when the blue caps start trouble, and lead the chants of "The Whole World is Watching?"

TDog
09-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Geez, the only precedent for something like you guys are envisioning with Sox fans whoopin' it up while Cub fans mourn after a Series victory might be the celebration that the Orangemen in Northern Ireland have pulled off every year since 1690 to commemorate the butt-whoopin' the forces of the Protestant William of Orange laid on the followers of the ousted Catholic King James II at the Battle of the Boyne--and in many towns the Protestants had a habit of marching through the Catholic sections to make their point.

Come to think of it, it's a wonder Sox fans haven't been marching through the North Side since 1906..... :D:

Thanks for the perspective.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a post so much. :D:

voodoochile
09-09-2003, 01:31 AM

You are right, and you know what, bring them on. We Sox fans would make their lives a living hell that day. Would you want to be the flubbie fan in Grant Park during the celebration? Can you see the interviews on the major stations?

:giangreco:
"We interviewed some Sox fans, but we can't broadcast it. Suffice it to say, they think the flubs and media suck..."

I don't care who the Sox beat or even if the flubbies make the WS too. Just win baby. For once in my life, just win. Every other team I have ever deeply loved (Bears, Bulls, Buckeyes) have all won. Now it is time for the Sox to do it too.

Oh crap, better see a doctor, I've got pennant fever (chorus: he's got pennant fever...) :D: