PDA

View Full Version : Nice even reporting Suntimes!!

WindyCityHusker
08-28-2001, 12:14 PM
Yeah! You guys are great at giving even token halfway consistent converage...I went to the Scrubs and Sox story archives at the Suntimes site... and since last Wednesday, the Sox have had 8 articles - all days but Sun had one article. The Scrubs had 20 - 1 today, 2 Monday, 4! Sunday, 3 Saturday, 3 Friday, 4! Thursday, 3 Wednesday... The Sox are only out 7 1/2 games! The Scrubs wouldn't even be in the playoffs if they started today!!

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 12:21 PM
:knue :moron

What can we say? We have our connections!

No-Neck
08-28-2001, 01:05 PM
Whose picture is that to the left of the Moron? It's posted regularly. Thanks in advance.

CubKiller
08-28-2001, 01:09 PM
I think it's the editor of ChicagoSports.com...not sure though.

Randar68
08-28-2001, 01:12 PM
I think it's the editor of ChicagoSports.com...not sure though.

Yep, also the editor of the Cubune sports section, i believe. His name is George Knue, also known as Hellloooooo Knue-man!

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 01:12 PM
CubKiller is correct. It's George Knue, Flubbie-loving editor of Chicagosports.com.

:knue

I hate the Sox!

No-Neck
08-28-2001, 01:16 PM
Just looking at that picture of that Cub Fan gives me a thousand reasons to thank the good Lord for making me a White Sox Fan at birth.

GoOGo 'Stros!!!

ihatethecubs
08-28-2001, 04:40 PM
look at mariottis last 20 columns. none to do with the sox. he's afraid of us!

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
look at mariottis last 20 columns. none to do with the sox. he's afraid of us!

:discomoron
I'm not afraid, see the Sox play alot of night games. And as you can tell I am busy getting down with the ladies at night.

Iwritecode
08-28-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

:discomoron
I'm not afraid, see the Sox play alot of night games. And as you can tell I am busy getting down with the ladies at night.

Sorry Jay, a night at home with Rosey Palm and her five sisters doesn't count.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 04:49 PM
If by "the ladies," you mean your right hand, I guess I can understand why, Jay-Jay.

:moron

My torrid nightlife has been uncovered.

oldcomiskey
08-28-2001, 05:25 PM
it looks like we Sox fans are in this alone too... If you say that to a Cub fan ---the media is biased....youre gonna get cussed.. If they are a fan of neither youre accused of jealousy...you cant win either way--but I noticed it at an early age

Soxboyrob
08-28-2001, 05:30 PM
Hows about we quit whining and sounding like babies and just root for our Sox and read about them when they're in the paper. The Cubs are a huge story this year and the Sox are a let-down team. That warrants more coverage for the Cubs if you ask me and I'm a Sox fan. I found that when I ignored the 20 Cub articles, it appeared to me that the Sox had 8 articles and the Cubs had zero(0). Good enough for me.

oldcomiskey
08-28-2001, 05:37 PM
that would be all well and good exept one thing---they were talking about us blowing the playoffs last year before they even began---and now this year the Cubs are on the bubble and they are the greatest thing in Chicago since King Micheal--OH PLEASE

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Hows about we quit whining and sounding like babies and just root for our Sox and read about them when they're in the paper. The Cubs are a huge story this year and the Sox are a let-down team. That warrants more coverage for the Cubs if you ask me and I'm a Sox fan. I found that when I ignored the 20 Cub articles, it appeared to me that the Sox had 8 articles and the Cubs had zero(0). Good enough for me.

I know the Cubs are going to get more coverage then us. Yes the Cubs are a big story but that's still no excuse for guys like Mariotti and some of the Trib writers to take shots at the Sox in an article about the Cubs.

chisoxt
08-28-2001, 10:52 PM
Don't forget about the two front-page color photos on Sundayand today. it's funny, but it seems that the there is more of a cub-bias at the Sun Times than at the Trib