PDA

View Full Version : Hawk predicts a sweep

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Harrelson just predicted a sweep on Mac, Jurko and Harry.

I can't disagree.

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Same interview:

Hawk refused to comment on why Gordon pitched yesterday. They tried to get him to talk about it three times, and he refused.

WOW!

gosox41
09-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Says the Sox are the best team in the AL.

When asked about using Marte/Gordon being used 3 days in a row he flat out said he wasn't going to answer the question and hinted he totally disagreed with the move.

Finally, Hawk is speaking out.

Bob

Randar68
09-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

I can't disagree.

If the Sox sweep, I'll stand in the middle of my street and piss my pants.

Not saying they can't do it, but they are going to face Santana, and he has given them fits. Hope they do it.

GoSox2K3
09-08-2003, 05:18 PM

I can't disagree.

We'll find out soon enough.

I like the pitching match-ups. But, the Sox have been so up and down this year. One week they look like world beaters and then suddenly the next week they look lifeless. I really don't know which team is going to show up to the park tonight.

There's so much at stake in this series. It's very exciting, but it's also very nerve-wracking!

jabrch
09-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Not saying they can't do it, but they are going to face Santana, and he has given them fits. Hope they do it.

In support of Randar, I sit out in the street and drink a beer, laughing, while he is pissing in his pants.

Hondo
09-08-2003, 05:19 PM
You gotta love Hawk. He's not a corporate shill.

Question did North kiss his @$$ or what? That guy has no credibility whatsoever. Depending on the guest he'll change his viewpoints. He's an idiot.

What else did Hawk talk about? Anything noteworthy?

mandmandm
09-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Same interview:

Hawk refused to comment on why Gordon pitched yesterday. They tried to get him to talk about it three times, and he refused.

WOW!

Very uncomfortable silence over the air.

gosox41
09-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Hondo

Question did North kiss his @$$ or what? That guy has no credibility whatsoever. Depending on the guest he'll change his viewpoints. He's an idiot.

Nothing as big as refusing to comment on the use of Gordon and Marte.

Said the Sox have better pitching and hitting then Minnesota and the only place they trail Minny is in denfese.

Said Marte is best lefty reliever in AL.

Said he never saw Frank hit a high fastball for a homer like he did yesterday against Dansy Baez.

Bob

mandmandm
09-08-2003, 05:21 PM

North is not on WMVP!

Chisox353014
09-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Does anybody else wish that the Sox and those associated with them would just shut up with all this prediction stuff? Confidence is one thing, but why give those guys any more motivation than they already have? We haven't exactly had their number in recent years.

FarmerAndy
09-08-2003, 05:25 PM

Thank God. I'm so relieved now.

Rocky Soprano
09-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
In support of Randar, I sit out in the street and drink a beer, laughing, while he is pissing in his pants.

LOL, I'll be there as well taking pictures!

Hondo
09-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah I know. Long day at work. I had North on the brain because I had the Score on. I realized that as soon as I submitted my reply.

Mil Disculpes

mandmandm
09-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Yeah I know. Long day at work. I had North on the brain because I had the Score on. I realized that as soon as I submitted my reply.

Mil Disculpes

No problem. I enjoy the MVP afternoon show and to confuse it to the dribble that comes out of North's mouth would be a diservice.

LASOXFAN
09-08-2003, 05:40 PM

I suggest you look at Santana's game log this year against the Sox.

Santana game log (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/min/stats/min_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=2 76371&statType=2&club_context=min)

As the father of two children still in diapers, I recommend Pampers extra dry. :D:

valposoxfan
09-08-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm glad Hawk is confident but we don't need bulletin board material. Obviously it's different than if an actual player said something but still. Nice to see Hawk continuing to make light of Manuel's inconsistencies as well. At least a high profile member of the team can speak out to Sox fans. HUGE series starting tonight. Makes you nervous but you have to be excited, at least for one night.

Randar68
09-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
I suggest you look at Santana's game log this year against the Sox.

Santana game log (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/min/stats/min_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=2 76371&statType=2&club_context=min)

As the father of two children still in diapers, I recommend Pampers extra dry. :D:

That's as a releiver. He handled the Sox more than once as a starter last year IIRC.

Like I said, I would love to be wrong.

LASOXFAN
09-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Jerry's falling back into his old ways of sticking some relievers on the shelf while wearing out others. I think he's so paranoid about the pen blowing a game that he isn't taking any chances. I was shocked to see Flash out there yesterday. And Hawk said nothing at the time, it was DJ who said something like "Jerry Manuel's giving Flash Gordon some work here in the 9th" or something like that.

But take a look at the pitch count and you'll see that Flash will be fine to pitch the next few days. He's a gamer.

Now, if he'd been knocked around yesterday and forced to throw 30+ pitches, then I would be STEAMING MAD.

Randar68
09-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Jerry's falling back into his old ways of sticking some relievers on the shelf while wearing out others. I think he's so paranoid about the pen blowing a game that he isn't taking any chances. I was shocked to see Flash out there yesterday. And Hawk said nothing at the time, it was DJ who said something like "Jerry Manuel's giving Flash Gordon some work here in the 9th" or something like that.

But take a look at the pitch count and you'll see that Flash will be fine to pitch the next few days. He's a gamer.

Now, if he'd been knocked around yesterday and forced to throw 30+ pitches, then I would be STEAMING MAD.

Exactly. If that wasn't a good time to put Paniagua in, when is? There aren't going to be a ton of blow-outs either way this last month.

MisterB
09-08-2003, 06:04 PM
That's as a releiver. He handled the Sox more than once as a starter last year IIRC.

Like I said, I would love to be wrong.

This (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits3?statsId=6441&type=pitching) is a little easier to deal with. Scroll down to 'vs. CHW'

I don't see a problem facing Santana. :smile:

Randar68
09-08-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
This (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits3?statsId=6441&type=pitching) is a little easier to deal with. Scroll down to 'vs. CHW'

I don't see a problem facing Santana. :smile:

Good to see I was wrong. Hope his #'s versus the Sox and at USCF hold true!

LASOXFAN
09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Exactly. If that wasn't a good time to put Paniagua in, when is? There aren't going to be a ton of blow-outs either way this last month.

Why was Paniagua even warming up??

OK...deep breath...I promised myself I wouldn't get mad at Manuel today...must calm down. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: