PDA

View Full Version : Twins Smoke and Mirrors?

LASOXFAN
09-08-2003, 01:39 PM
With only 6 hours left in my quest to find more reasons to be optimistic about these next four games, I did find something interesting. Since the break, the Twins have one more win than we do, making THEM the hottest team. But look at their August results. They played against:

Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland, KC, Anaheim and Texas.

In August the Sox played:

Seattle, KC, Oakland, Anaheim, Texas, New York and Detroit.

The Twins went 18-11, Sox 16-13. We played a much tougher schedule and only lost two games in the standings. They only played one team over .500, the Royals.

Yesterday Gardenhire was trying to play it real loosey-goosey. "It was a good win for us,'' Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Now we get to go on and have some fun in Chi-town. We're just going to go play some baseball, do some work and get ready to take some swings at them and see what happens. It ought to be a lot of fun.''

The Sox are speaking about "must wins."

The Twins are the defending champs. That underdog, "us against the world" crap don't hold water no more. I'm glad the Sox are putting this kind of pressure on this series.

I hope Colon puts one in Torii's ear. Let's open a can of whoop ass! :gulp:

Rocky Soprano
09-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Hey White Sox, Just Win! :gulp:

This next games could very easily be the biggest of the year. If we can take 3 we will be in good shape, if we take all 4 then we might be in the driver's seat the rest of the year.

Go Sox!

MarqSox
09-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Funny you said "smoke and mirrors." A guy I work with, who's a big Twins fan, is pessimistic about his team's chances. This morning when I asked him about Kyle Lohse's recent success, he said "That guy is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. He'll get lit up."

Take it from an expert. :)

fhqwhgads
09-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
With only 6 hours left in my quest to find more reasons to be optimistic about these next four games, I did find something interesting. Since the break, the Twins have one more win than we do, making THEM the hottest team. But look at their August results. They played against:

Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland, KC, Anaheim and Texas.

In August the Sox played:

Seattle, KC, Oakland, Anaheim, Texas, New York and Detroit.

The Twins went 18-11, Sox 16-13. We played a much tougher schedule and only lost two games in the standings. They only played one team over .500, the Royals.

To be fair, you should be going back to the break. The Sox got TB and TOR while the Twins got OAK and ANA.

I'm not saying that the Twins' schedule has been as tough as the Sox, but it hasn't been quite as different as you make it sound...

ma-gaga
09-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
I hope Colon puts one in Torii's ear.

Hey, that'd be great, it would get him on base.

:D:

npdempse
09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Is there any word on what kind of suspension Tor eye eye is facing for charging that ump last week? They're begging to implode.

fquaye149
09-08-2003, 02:57 PM
basically torii is a crybaby.

'member when she got brushed back, cried about it for a while, then proceeded to k on a low and away offspeed? classssic.

LASOXFAN
09-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
To be fair, you should be going back to the break. The Sox got TB and TOR while the Twins got OAK and ANA.

I'm not saying that the Twins' schedule has been as tough as the Sox, but it hasn't been quite as different as you make it sound...

I think looking back at the last complete month of play is a pretty fair sampling.