PDA

View Full Version : Sox On ESPN Classic

Lip Man 1
09-08-2003, 12:55 PM
According to the ESPN Classic programming Guide for Tuesday, September 9 the Tom Seaver 300th win will be shown starting at NOON Chicago time. It runs until 2PM Central.

FYI.

LIp

Brian26
09-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Lip.

It'll be fun to see Reid Nichols make some baseball history.

A.T. Money
09-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Why do they always have to show these games when I'm not home?

:angry:

mike squires
09-08-2003, 03:14 PM
I'll be interested to see that catch Baines made in the 9th!

Ever since we got satellite TV we haven't been able to record programming. (ONly local) I wish I knew how!!!

jcw218
09-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I'll be interested to see that catch Baines made in the 9th!

Ever since we got satellite TV we haven't been able to record programming. (ONly local) I wish I knew how!!!

Try the following. Connect the output feed from the satellite receiver to the input for the vcr. Connect the output from the vcr to the tv.

To record tune the satellite receiver to the desired station and leave it (satellite receiver) turned on. Set vcr to record as would normally using channel 3/4 whatever your vcr is set for. The television does not have to be on.

The above also works for digital cable.

mike squires
09-09-2003, 02:31 PM
That was a great game to watch for several reasons. Don Drysdale and Hawk were awesome. Hawk's call on Baines catch was great. Watching a young Greg Walker. Seeing Tony Larussa burst out of the dugout and eventually kicked out of the game (Law was safe) and eventually Leyland also.

IT's also hilarious to watch Leyland walk off cursing with his hands on his hip the day Larussa pick up thrid base against the O's in 83.

Thanks for the advice JCW. I got it late but will try it later for the future.

Bisco Stu
09-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I have it on tape already, watched it live of course as Tom Terrific is my fave player of all time. One of the great individual achievement moments in Sox history.

The fact he did it in Skankee stadium made it sweeter. And unlike Roger Clemens, who pitches 6.2 for his 300th, Tom threw a CG.