PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Moron Report

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 09:57 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay28.html

Ah, we knew this one had to come. The most over-the-top, ass-kissing piece of trash "journalism" yet, from the master of the sh*t genre.

Excuse me, but isn't Sam-ME Sosa ON RECORD as saying "F*ck my teammates" just a year or two ago?!?

God, the hyperbole in this column is almost beyond compare. It's really hilarious.

In fact...

:chunks

Ahhh, there, I feel much better after reading this particular piece of garbage.

Chisox353014
08-28-2001, 10:57 AM
Ah, the classic out of control Moron Sham-ME article. Of course he remembered to get in his one required shot at the Sox. What a pr!ck, dissing Maggs like that. I guess hitting .300, >100 RBI, 20 SB, >30 HR, and *GASP* solid defense can't compare to zinger after zinger. Personally I don't care if Sosa hits 90 zingers, as long as those losers miss the playoffs.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 11:06 AM
I personally am getting a kick out of all these columnists alternately trying to get away with saying Sam-ME is modest and humble and team-focused and then two seconds later saying what a heroic showboat he is and how wonderful that is.

To quote Rick Morrissey: "There is no superstar in sports today more aware of his public than Sosa."

:moron

Rick, please, I thought today was the day we hailed Sam-ME for being team-focused! Let's get our schedules straight, dammit!

KempersRS
08-28-2001, 11:36 AM
You wonder if Bonds will wig out upon the initial arrival of national media, which will follow him after he passes Roger Maris' 61st homer. As it is, he continues to reject questions concerning home runs, telling anyone who dares ask, Did you go to deaf class?''

Meanwhile, Sosa is sounding like a Disney movie, talking about fulfilled dreams. Coming from the Dominican Republic, I only have one chance to make it to the major leagues,'' he said. To have that opportunity and become a good baseball player and be in the record books--that makes me very proud.''

Amazing, just read those 2 paragraphs! What do they say? They say Bonds wants to win his damn division and go to the World Series while Sosa just want to get into the record books for his own amusement. It's unbelievable they praise him for wanting his personal record while Bonds is trashed for wanting something more important.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2001, 11:52 AM
:shammy

Long after you lily-white rubes have forgotten about my chump teammates Stairs, Coomer, Machado, Ojeda, Mueller, Gutierrez and White, you will still have SAM-ME!!!

By the way, what's a "pennant race"?

Kilroy
08-28-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Amazing, just read those 2 paragraphs! What do they say? They say Bonds wants to win his damn division and go to the World Series while Sosa just want to get into the record books for his own amusement. It's unbelievable they praise him for wanting his personal record while Bonds is trashed for wanting something more important.

And just days earlier, Canseco was ripped for what they called his shameless pursuit of the Hall of Fame. I guess focusing on your own achievements is only ok when Shamme does it.

Wait... stomach gurgling... wretching... can't hold it....

Chisox353014
08-28-2001, 01:33 PM
Ah...good thing I looked at this thread right before lunch. I hope I can hold down my Chalupas after seeing that 2nd picture! Although it's still not as disturbing as this:
:woo-woo

stosh
08-29-2001, 12:56 AM
Sure was nice to see the "greatest" go 2-6 and as usual, choking in the clutch. 4 back and falling. Wonder if Moronotti ever took the time to see that when it counts most Sam-me-me-me rarely comes through.

Tragg
08-29-2001, 01:08 AM
That's unbelievable.

"The U.S. bonds with Sosa"? The only bonding is between Moronotti's tongue and Sham Me's cheeks.

This "delightful sportsman" gives himself curtain calls when the fans don't ask for one, and takes them when he's down 12 runs. What a sportsman.

Come on Louie Gonzales, get back into this home run chase.

ihatethecubs
08-29-2001, 01:21 AM
anyone see woo-woo on howard stern last night? he wouldnt shut up and they were just laughing at him and making fun of him and he kept saying dumb stuff that nobody could understand.