PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad our schedule's tough

Bisco Stu
09-08-2003, 01:57 AM
If we're good enough to make the playoffs, we will.

If we play well these last three weeks against the Twins, Royals, Red Sox and Skanks, that will prime us proper for the playoffs.

If we can't play well against these teams, or we played a bunch of scrubs (i.e., the Scrubs), we'd go out 3-0 in the ALDS yet again.

Hate George W, but I'll quote him here:

"Bring it on!"

Lip Man 1
09-08-2003, 12:42 PM
I'd much rather played a soft schedule the final month and guarantee myself a place in the post season, then play the type of schedule the Sox have and perhaps not even make it to October.

Like Bill Walsh said the goal is to get to the playoffs, once you are there anything can happen.

Also considering what's at stake should the Cubs make it in and the Sox fail to do so I don't how anybody could be "glad" the Sox have the type of slate that they do.

Lip

LASOXFAN
09-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
If we're good enough to make the playoffs, we will.

If we play well these last three weeks against the Twins, Royals, Red Sox and Skanks, that will prime us proper for the playoffs.

If we can't play well against these teams, or we played a bunch of scrubs (i.e., the Scrubs), we'd go out 3-0 in the ALDS yet again.

Hate George W, but I'll quote him here:

"Bring it on!"

I'm with you, let the chips fall where they may. The Twins played the Yankees when the bombers were smoking hot. It all evens out.

And is "Bisco" Stu supposed to be "Disco" Stu?

Bisco Stu
09-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
And is "Bisco" Stu supposed to be "Disco" Stu?

Correct. "Bisco" is the gestalt of the music/experience of the Disco Biscuits, my favorite band.

IronFisk
09-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Consider this....with a tough schedule, not only will it help the Sox be "battle-ready" for the playoffs, but best of all - it gives Tinkerbell less options to screw with the lineup and "rest" players. He has no other choice but to play regulars. Remember 2000?

HawkDJ
09-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'd much rather played a soft schedule the final month and guarantee myself a place in the post season, then play the type of schedule the Sox have and perhaps not even make it to October.

Like Bill Walsh said the goal is to get to the playoffs, once you are there anything can happen.

Also considering what's at stake should the Cubs make it in and the Sox fail to do so I don't how anybody could be "glad" the Sox have the type of slate that they do.

Lip

I'm not so sure a soft schedule would guarentee us a post season spot. By the way we've played this year, I'm glad we're facing tough teams.

anewman35
09-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

And what's at stake, exactly? Yes, it would suck. Yes, it might lose the Sox a few more fans. But you know what? I guarentee you that by midseason next year, nobody's going to be talking about this year. Believe it or not, the Cubs making the playoffs and the Sox not would not be the end of this franchise. It's happened before, it's happened again, and I don't see the White Sox going anywhere, even if the Cubs become the dynasty of the 2000s. Where do you think they'd go, anyway? Aren't too many cities left that could support a baseball team better than we support the Sox...

Rocklive99
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
The scariest thing for me is Minny played their toughest part of the schedule, and they are tied for 1st, we should be way ahead. You can play a good team well, and still lose by a run or so, but one little slip up can cost us the division.

RichH55
09-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Was talking to a Yankee fan today(Professor of Law too) and it did not go unnoticed when we clubbed them recently. You are going to have to beat the good teams eventually....Playoffs aren't going to be full of Tigers

Geeterman1
09-09-2003, 01:15 AM
Man, thank god the playoffs won't be filled with Tigers, or we wouldn't have a chance to get passed the first round!