PDA

View Full Version : Call To Arms

ewokpelts
09-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Hi.

This is a call to arms. We all know Jerry hinges payroll on attendance. And I know pretty much everyone here would go to 162 games if they could and support the sox in person. God knows I'm breaking my personal record for games attended, as well as my wallet. We need to CONVINCE OTHER PEOPLE to go. We need to do what the organization cant/wont do: Promote itself.

With this team in a pennat race, this is the best moment to educate non-hardcore fans(as well as people easily swayed by cubbie koolaid) that the sox are great to see live, and you can do it cheeply if you try hard enough. Why do you think I'm about to break my record?

What I'm suggesting is similar to what rock bands and thier fans do: Street Teaming, or viral marketing for those with degrees. We need to spread the word to Chicago, cuz Chicago is blinded by the media that dosent care about the sox. We need to infect this city with sox fever. Gallas and Jerry think comercials and pepsi cans only do the trick. We need to bring teh sox underground to the mainstream...and show these flub lovers what baseball should be in Chicago.

These next three weeks are crucial. Not only for the final attendance figures, but for generations of children not yet born to this cruel world we call Chicago Baseball. We need to stand up and be counted, and we need to give Jerry a reason to do more than just sit there and do nothing.
GENE

P.S. sorry if I sound mad...but I am......they say being a sox fan makes you lose your mind

MRKARNO
09-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Sorry to say this, but you're telling this to the group of people who are there whether there are 10,000 total or 47,000 total. Convince your friends to go, it's the less diehard fans (families with children, casual fans, "chicago fans," cub fans, etc) who can make the difference between the crowds of 20,000 and 47,000.

dougs78
09-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Convince your friends to go, it's the less diehard fans (families with children, casual fans, "chicago fans," cub fans, etc) who can make the difference between the crowds of 20,000 and 47,000.

I believe that was precisely what Ewokpelts was saying. If everyone convinced one more person to attend, that would be the difference.

ShoelessFred
09-07-2003, 08:39 PM
NOT ANOTHER ATTENDANCE THREAD!

luvsox56
09-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
I hear that!! We go to as many games as we possibly can. I know most people on here do the same. See you tomorrow, Wedsnesday, and Thursday (that fever is really getting around)!! :smile:

MRKARNO
09-07-2003, 11:06 PM
The sox would be smart to move April, May, early june and september weekday day games to 3:05 because of school. This would allow more families to come during the week and allow people like me who have school during the day to attend games like Loaiza going for number 20 against the division rivals, a game which I badly want to see in person, but am unable to :(:
I guess I'll have to keep track of the score during the day and watch for a bit afterschool

delben91
09-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred

Originally posted by luvsox56

I hear that!! We go to as many games as we possibly can. I know most people on here do the same. See you tomorrow, Wedsnesday, and Thursday (that fever is really getting around)!! :smile:

Yeah, I hear you both. While I'm sure the intended audience for the initial post are those within a stone's throw of Chicago, I, being a D.C. native, and Sox fanatic made the flight out to the midwest for 4 games in late June and early July, a cost of several hundred dollars in airfare and hotel costs (albeit the hotel covered by my parents as a birthday gift) above and beyond that of the tickets themselves. So if that sort of trip is made by me, those in the area that truly are fans can be counted on to turn out. And though the sentiment of bringing an "on the fence" fan along is a good one, I think the games themselves are enough of a draw for anyone with even a mild interest in baseball in that great city of Chicago.

I'm all for a packed stadium for these games, if I could be there, I would be in a heartbeat. The fans should, and likely will turn out for the big games, have some faith.

GO SOX!