PDA

View Full Version : Big Time First Place Showdown at The Cell

Viva Magglio
09-07-2003, 05:38 PM
We all saw how the coverage the Cubs-Cardinals series was. I wonder if this White Sox-Twins series will get similar coverage.

CHISOXFAN13
09-07-2003, 05:41 PM
I don't give a damn abot the coverage. I give a damn about the fact that lower deck box tickets are still available for tomorrow night.

LET'S GO PEOPLE!

MRKARNO
09-07-2003, 05:43 PM
It deserves more coverage now that this is more like a 2 team race than a 3 team race. Besides, the cubs went from 2.5 back to .5 ahead of the cards while we're starting EVEN. We could be 4 up, 2 up, stay the same 2 down or 4 down. Tomorrow's game is critical in setting the tone for the final 7 with the twins. We could bury them here and run away with the division or they could do the same. If we come out of the 7 games 3 up (5-2) I think we'll be in real good shape, but if we go 6-1 I think we're close to a lock to win the division

CHISOXFAN13
09-07-2003, 05:48 PM
I just can't see the Twins winning a game at US Cellular.

They are hot right now, but Texas is garbage.

Now they'll face REAL pitching and their mediocre pitching staff will face real hitters.

I'm beyond ready for tomorrow.

sox_fan_forever
09-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I don't give a damn abot the coverage. I give a damn about the fact that lower deck box tickets are still available for tomorrow night.

LET'S GO PEOPLE!

It's a half price Monday. There will probably be a lot of walk ups.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Minnesota eeked out a 5-4 victory over Texas in 10 innings. We have identical records and four head-to-head games coming up this week.

Good. Get those punks on a plane, fly their asses down here, and we'll settle things toe to toe. Gardenhire the Pimp and those 'hoes he pokes and prods as the streetwalkers they truly are are coming here to get the living **** kicked out of them. Those *******s need to hear it loud and clear all week long--you're mongrels, horse****, nothings, and nobodies. If our own manager hadn't used the first-half of the season to let everyone play, we would have buried these three-legged mutts weeks ago. Now we'll just have to kick their collective ass straight up, and send them back into the woods where they can cry in their beer and get ready for hockey season.

Put up or shut up time for the Sox and Sox Fans. If we win it, it will be because this week was our finest hour. If we lose, we lost to nothings and deserve nothing in kind.

Beat them like the dogs they are, White Sox!

MRKARNO
09-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Minnesota eeked out a 5-4 victory over Texas in 10 innings. We have identical records and four head-to-head games coming up this week.

Good. Get those punks on a plane, fly their asses down here, and we'll settle things toe to toe. Gardenhire the Pimp and those 'hoes he pokes and prods as the streetwalkers they truly are are coming here to get the living **** kicked out of them. Those *******s need to hear it loud and clear all week long--you're mongrels, horse****, nothings, and nobodies. If our own manager hadn't used the first-half of the season to let everyone play, we would have buried these three-legged mutts weeks ago. Now we'll just have to kick their collective ass straight up, and send them back into the woods where they can cry in their beer and get ready for hockey.

Put up or shut up time for the Sox and Sox Fans. If we win it, it will be because this week was our finest hour. If we lose, we lost to nothings and deserve nothing in kind.

Beat them like the dogs they are, White Sox!

I like your thinking

FJA
09-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Pitching probables:

MONDAY:

Lohse (6.89 ERA, 6 HRs, .297 average for the Sox in 3 games)

v.

Colon

ADVANTAGE: Sox

TUESDAY:

Balfour (or whoever they decide to trot out in their No. 5 spot)

v.

Buehrle (who has been outstanding against the Twins in his last two games against them)

WEDNESDAY:

Santana (who, as a reliever, has for the most part had our number)

v.

Garland (2-1, 3.33 ERA vs. the Twins in 2003)

ADVANTAGE: Even

THURSDAY:

Radke (1-2, 5.23 ERA vs. the Sox in 2003)

v.

Loaiza (amazing--0.86 ERA vs. the Twins in 2003)

I really, really like our chances in this series. If not a sweep, we will win three of four.

MRKARNO
09-07-2003, 06:02 PM
The last time santana pitched, he was rocked and Garland is coming off a pretty good start

dougs78
09-07-2003, 06:08 PM
I don't know a thing about Balfour, or their 5th starters. But I would not be surprised to see notorious Sox-killer "Cy" Mays trotted out there against us on Tuesday.

Either way, Anyone would have to agree that the pitching matchups are very favorable for us. Lets hope our starters go out there and do their jobs. It would sure be nice to see Loiaza out there on thursday with 2 or maybe even 3 wins under our belts already.

hose
09-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Bought a ticket in Sec 136 for the Thursday afternoon game.

I feel something coming on , better call in sick Thursday.... :D: :D:

WHarris13
09-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Jesus I am so excited about the series, it ****ing sucks I have school tommorrow. Luckily I have something to look forward too.

oheeoh...magglio
09-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Pitching probables:

MONDAY:

v.

Colon

TUESDAY:

v.

Buehrle (who has been outstanding against the Twins in his last two games against them)

WEDNESDAY:

v.

THURSDAY:

v.

I really, really like our chances in this series. If not a sweep, we will win three of four.

Wow, considering we are playing a team which we are tired for first place with, the sox can't ask for better pitching matchups. Now we need to take 3 out of 4 at least, and probably should sweep these *****r ******s out of town!!!

delben91
09-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Two words, and two words only for this series:

GO SOX!!!!

FanOf14
09-07-2003, 08:12 PM
I don't know how I am going to watch these games as they will have me so worked up. In any sense...

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soxwon
09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
I DID SOME RESEARCH AS OF 7:30 PM SUNDAY
THESE SEATS WERE AVAILABLE:
MON
1 TICKET SEC 106 ROW 27
2 TICKETS SEC 158 ROW 26
4 TICKETS SEC 158 ROW 25
2 UPPER DECK TIX SEC 534 ROW 10
THIS SEEMS THE ONE WITH THE MOST SEATS SOLD

TUESDAY
1 TICKET SEC 150 ROW 18
2 TICKETS SEC 151 ROW 18
4 TICKETS SEC 151 ROW 20

WED
1 TICKET SEC 151 ROW 30
2 TICKETS SEC 151 ROW 33
4 TICKETS SEC 112 ROW 9
2 UPPER DECKS TIX SEC 533 ROW 15

THUR
1 TICKET SEC 150 ROW 11
2 TICKETS SEC 150 ROW 25
4 TICKETS SEC 150 ROW 25

SO ALL THIS SAYS IS PLENTY OF GREAT SEATS LEFT
GET YOUR BUTTS OUT THERE
AND BE LOUD BE PROUD BE A WINNER
DA REVERAND HAS SPOKEN

Clarkdog
09-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Turn your head and cough....

Mr. Clark , I'm afraid you have a infectous case of PENNANT FEVER.

See ya Thursday!

LASOXFAN
09-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Turn your head and cough....

Mr. Clark , I'm afraid you have a infectous case of PENNANT FEVER.

See ya Thursday!

You are not alone, I think it's going around. I've been thinking about this series since July.

We've won 3 straight? Let's make it 7!

GO SOX!

LASOXFAN
09-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Pitching probables:

MONDAY:

v.

Colon

TUESDAY:

v.

WEDNESDAY:

v.

THURSDAY:

v.

Here's your Tuesday starter:

Pulido (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/min/news/min_news.jsp?ymd=20030907&content_id=515932&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min)

gosox41
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We all saw how the coverage the Cubs-Cardinals series was. I wonder if this White Sox-Twins series will get similar coverage.

Do you think the Sox will draw more per game then they did today? Media coverage tends to follow the interest, and I was disappointed by today.

Bob

duke of dorwood
09-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We all saw how the coverage the Cubs-Cardinals series was. I wonder if this White Sox-Twins series will get similar coverage. You are funnier than a Bear 2 minute drill

Lip Man 1
09-07-2003, 09:56 PM
At least the Sox control their own destiny and there is something comforting in that. They don't have to rely on dregs like Texas, Detroit or Cleveland helping them (although a week from now they may have to...)

This is the series everyone has been pointing to.. so we'll see.

All the Twins really want is a split. A split maintains the staus quo and gives them the home field advantage since the final three are in Minnesota.

The Sox MUST take three games. This gives them a two game cushion before going off on a brutal road trip that will determine their destiny.

With the Twins winning today that really helped them since coming to Chicago a game out would have changed dramatically what they needed to do.

The Sox play VERY WELL at home (unless the oppostition has Boston on their uniforms...), the pitching rotation is exactly the way they want it...no Neil Cotts' or Danny Wright's around and with Minnesota throwing a pitcher who hasn't started in the bigs since 1994 they have a tremendous advantage (unless of course they roll over and die against another unknown thrower.)

There is no reason NOT to expect three wins. (I don't think they can sweep Minnesota. The Twins are playing very well, making their own breaks, showing tremendous heart and execute fundamentals exceptionally well.)

The first game is the key in my opinion.

Win Monday night and you start to put the pressure on, it'll be compounded by the Twins throwing a journeyman Tuesday. it's very possible to win the first two games and put yourself in a position to go for the kill...but you have to win the first one!

That is where the Sox focus must be tomorrow night and I hope the fans will be out in force. The Sox usually play well before larger home crowds.

The desperately need to play well tomorrow night.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Lip