PDA

View Full Version : I Boldy Proclaim...

RKMeibalane
09-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Inspired by a thread started by a fellow WSI member, I do solemnly swear that as a fan of the Chicago White Sox, I will make every conceivable effort to recite and repeat the following phrases:

Fire Jerry Manuel

I agree that the 2003 Chicago White Sox possess all the talent necessary to win the American League Central Division without difficulty. The players currently on the roster have the talent and experience to win consistently, regardless of the circumstances surrounding each game.

However, it should be noted that the players can only be held responsible for their actions on the playing field. If a player has been removed from the game as a result of Jerry Manuel's incompetence, he shall be absolved of blame for any subsequent events that occur during the remainder of the game in question, and all blame for any negative events shall be cast upon Jerry Manuel. The Sox continue to win in spite of him, not because of him.

Put Frank Thomas at First Base

Now that Frank Thomas has been barred from using his aluminum bat in batting practice, it is necessary to return him to his normal position of first base, so that he may remain relaxed and confident when standing in the batter's box. This will allow him to continue his improved run production in the middle of the Sox lineup, enabling the Pale Hose to remain an offensive juggernaut, the likes of which the American League has never seen.

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Since the start of the second half, Jerry Manuel has made a concerted effort to use more of a set lineup. This has resulted in increased production from Sox hitters, allowing them to provide the offense many expected when the club arrived in Arizona at the start of Spring Training.

However, Jerry Manuel has continued his tinkering, which has manifested itself in other areas of the ballclub. His misuse of the bullpen quickly comes to mind. Former Sox reliever Rick White blasted Manuel several weeks ago, claiming that no one understood his role, that Manuel was running the risk of pushing his pitching staff to the point of exhaustion. White himself has no credibility, but his comments, when viewed independently, do carry weight.

Manuel has repeatedly failed to define bullpen roles, often allowing a pitcher to work several innings in one appearance, only to use him again within 1-2 days of said appearance. In fairness, it should be noted that Manuel has improved his use of the bullpen since the accquisition of Scott Shoneweis and Scott Sullivan, who have served as capable replacements for White and the enigmatic Billy Koch, though Koch is set to return shortly.

Jerry Reinsdorf Must Sell the Team

The Sox have their most well-rounded team since 1994, the year that Jerry Reinsdorf sobataged his team's best chance at a world championship. The Chairman then had the audacity to blame the resulting attendance woes on Sox fans themselves, claiming that he could not spend money to improve a team no one cared about.

What Reinsdorf repeatedly fails to realize is that fans do care, but they will not spend their hard-earned money on a mediocre product. Because he is a business man himself, Reinsdorf should know that it is unwise to spend money on product simply because it exists. The product must draw out the enthusiasm of the customer, not his apathy.

Reinsdorf should also know that when customers are unhappy with a product, this is a sure sign that the company must improve the product, or get out of the market. Since Reinsdorf appears unwilling to sell the franchise (Mark Liptak's reports nonwithstanding), his only alternative is to put a product on the field that the people will like. Then, they will come to the park.

Disclaimer: Please note that this post was made entirely in jest. No offense was intended towards anyone, be they WSI members or other visitors to this board. The author was feeling the urge to write something sarcastic, yet humorou, and so he did.

WhiteSox = Life
09-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Inspired by a thread started by a fellow WSI member, I do solemnly swear that as a fan of the Chicago White Sox, I will make every conceivable effort to recite and repeat the following phrases:

Fire Jerry Manuel

I agree that the 2003 Chicago White Sox possess all the talent necessary to win the American League Central Division without difficulty. The players currently on the roster have the talent and experience to win consistently, regardless of the circumstances surrounding each game.

However, it should be noted that the players can only be held responsible for their actions on the playing field. If a player has been removed from the game as a result of Jerry Manuel's incompetence, he shall be absolved of blame for any subsequent events that occur during the remainder of the game in question, and all blame for any negative events shall be cast upon Jerry Manuel. The Sox continue to win in spite of him, not because of him.

Put Frank Thomas at First Base

Now that Frank Thomas has been barred from using his aluminum bat in batting practice, it is necessary to return him to his normal position of first base, so that he may remain relaxed and confident when standing in the batter's box. This will allow him to continue his improved run production in the middle of the Sox lineup, enabling the Pale Hose to remain an offensive juggernaut, the likes of which the American League has never seen.

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Since the start of the second half, Jerry Manuel has made a concerted effort to use more of a set lineup. This has resulted in increased production from Sox hitters, allowing them to provide the offense many expected when the club arrived in Arizona at the start of Spring Training.

However, Jerry Manuel has continued his tinkering, which has manifested itself in other areas of the ballclub. His misuse of the bullpen quickly comes to mind. Former Sox reliever Rick White blasted Manuel several weeks ago, claiming that no one understood his role, that Manuel was running the risk of pushing his pitching staff to the point of exhaustion. White himself has no credibility, but his comments, when viewed independently, do carry weight.

Manuel has repeatedly failed to define bullpen roles, often allowing a pitcher to work several innings in one appearance, only to use him again within 1-2 days of said appearance. In fairness, it should be noted that Manuel has improved his use of the bullpen since the accquisition of Scott Shoneweis and Scott Sullivan, who have served as capable replacements for White and the enigmatic Billy Koch, though Koch is set to return shortly.

Jerry Reinsdorf Must Sell the Team

The Sox have their most well-rounded team since 1994, the year that Jerry Reinsdorf sobataged his team's best chance at a world championship. The Chairman then had the audacity to blame the resulting attendance woes on Sox fans themselves, claiming that he could not spend money to improve a team no one cared about.

What Reinsdorf repeatedly fails to realize is that fans do care, but they will not spend their hard-earned money on a mediocre product. Because he is a business man himself, Reinsdorf should know that it is unwise to spend money on product simply because it exists. The product must draw out the enthusiasm of the customer, not his apathy.

Reinsdorf should also know that when customers are unhappy with a product, this is a sure sign that the company must improve the product, or get out of the market. Since Reinsdorf appears unwilling to sell the franchise (Mark Liptak's reports nonwithstanding), his only alternative is to put a product on the field that the people will like. Then, they will come to the park.

Disclaimer: Please note that this post was made entirely in jest. No offense was intended towards anyone, be they WSI members or other visitors to this board. The author was feeling the urge to write something sarcastic, yet humorou, and so he did.

:jerry
"So, by saying sarcastic in your disclaimer, you mean that everything written above does not reflect your true feelings?"

:reinsy
"I would imagine - no, I know - that the disclaimer written above was intended to absolve me of everything I have ever done that might have hurt this franchise. I like this RKMeibalane guy now."

"Me, too."

:hurt
"Guess whom I still don't like?

Disclaimer: The preceding words written by WhiteSox = Life are meant to convey one simple message to the entire Chicago White Sox organization:

"JUST WIN!"

Disclaimer 2: WhiteSox = Life realizes that this whole post was a very roundabout way to get the conveyed message across.

Disclaimer 3: WhiteSox = Life just thought it was fun to screw around a bit on a Saturday night, though.

Disclaimer 4: Screw around in a relatively clean sense and meaning, of course.

:)

RKMeibalane
09-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
"So, by saying sarcastic in your disclaimer, you mean that everything written above does not reflect your true feelings?"

:reinsy
"I would imagine - no, I know - that the disclaimer written above was intended to absolve me of everything I have ever done that might have hurt this franchise. I like this RKMeibalane guy now."

"Me, too."

Actually, gentlmen, the things I said about the two of you were serious. The sarcasm and humor of the post revolved around the fact that I said that I would continue to repeat those things over and over on this board.

I believe that I have made my feelings and opinions regarding the two of you quite clear. Neither of you is fit to be a part of the Chicago White Sox organization. In my post, I was only stating that I will not be making daily comments echoing that sentiment.

:D:

TornLabrum
09-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Actually, gentlmen, the things I said about the two of you were serious. The sarcasm and humor of the post revolved around the fact that I said that I would continue to repeat those things over and over on this board.

I believe that I have made my feelings and opinions regarding the two of you quite clear. Neither of you is fit to be a part of the Chicago White Sox organization. In my post, I was only stating that I will not be making daily comments echoing that sentiment.

:D:

:reinsy :jerry

"Too late! You already said it, so you can't take it back!"