PDA

View Full Version : Let it be known...here and now...

jabrch
09-06-2003, 05:35 PM
That I WILL NOT be getting off of the bandwaggon this year. The past week has been too emotionally draining for me. I was at the game on Tuesday and was literally torn apart watching Colon not get his win in a nearly perfectly pitched game. I watched the entire game on Wednesday and was crushed to see Rowand nailed at the plate with only one out in the 9th inning. My heart can not stand the emotional tearing that this is putting on it...

So, that said, I will not any more use the following phrases;

1) Fire JM - It won't happen until next year

2) Corpseball - It isn't....we saw Corpseball early - this isn't it

3) The Sox stink - They don't

4) Play Frank at 1B - Not gonna happen

5) Sit Konerko - He is still our best option

6) Tinkering - Irrelevant - we can win either way

7) The Sox lost, but at least the Cubs did also - UNACCEPTABLE

8) Why don't we get help from Detroit, Cleve, Tex, Ana, etc. - We can win this without any help from those teams. We shouldn't expect it

9) Any blaming the umpires - calls come and calls go - complaining about them is bushleague. You never hear the Yankees complaining about calls

10) Anything to do with NEXT YEAR - As far as I am concerned, there is no next year until after we play our last game this year.

I am on record as saying that I am, as I have always been, in this for the long haul. If anyone wants to complain or make excuses, fine...I won't be a part of it.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!

ihatethecubs
09-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

we can lose plenty because of tinkering, and when youre tied for 1st in september, 1 game is a big deal.

jabrch
09-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
we can lose plenty because of tinkering, and when youre tied for 1st in september, 1 game is a big deal.

But this lineup will win or lose games without that. We can't use that as an excuse. We won today with Grffanino starting. We can win with Harris in CF from time to time. We can win with Daubach in the lineup. I hope JM doesn't decide to dump games and rest 5 starters in the same day anymore like he did vs Seattle, but I REFUSE to make any excuses at this point in the season. The players on the field will win/lose this on their own.

Meixner007
09-06-2003, 05:47 PM
We can win with Harris in CF from time to time.

No, we can't. He is only acceptable if he's a defensive replacement or PR late in the gamewith slim to no chance of batting again.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 05:51 PM
That I WILL NOT be getting off of the bandwaggon this year. The past week has been too emotionally draining for me. I was at the game on Tuesday and was literally torn apart watching Colon not get his win in a nearly perfectly pitched game. I watched the entire game on Wednesday and was crushed to see Rowand nailed at the plate with only one out in the 9th inning. My heart can not stand the emotional tearing that this is putting on it...

8) Why don't we get help from Detroit, Cleve, Tex, Ana, etc. - We can win this without any help from those teams. We shouldn't expect it

9) Any blaming the umpires - calls come and calls go - complaining about them is bushleague. You never hear the Yankees complaining about calls

10) Anything to do with NEXT YEAR - As far as I am concerned, there is no next year until after we play our last game this year.

I am on record as saying that I am, as I have always been, in this for the long haul. If anyone wants to complain or make excuses, fine...I won't be a part of it.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!

That's a nice list, J. I wholly agree with all of them. This team has the talent to overcome whatever is in its path to the division crown. Not even that dolt of a manager can deny this team what is theirs to claim if the ballplayers themselves just keep focused on the prize. We Sox Fans should have the same attitude.

2003 Sox. No excuses. Just do it already.

dougs78
09-06-2003, 05:57 PM

GO WHITE SOX!!!!

great post. This is probably the best post I've read in quite some time.

Jurr
09-06-2003, 08:20 PM
AMENNNNNNN brother!!!!!!!

TornLabrum
09-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
That's a nice list, J. I wholly agree with all of them. This team has the talent to overcome whatever is in its path to the division crown. Not even that dolt of a manager can deny this team what is theirs to claim if the ballplayers themselves just keep focused on the prize. We Sox Fans should have the same attitude.

2003 Sox. No excuses. Just do it already.

They can lose with tinkering the same way Pete Rose's betting on ball games could influence a pennant race. Make the wrong move at the right time, and you can screw up anything. (See Cotts, Neal at Stadium, Yankee).

MRKARNO
09-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
They can lose with tinkering the same way Pete Rose's betting on ball games could influence a pennant race. Make the wrong move at the right time, and you can screw up anything. (See Cotts, Neal at Stadium, Yankee).

I think managing decisions can alter the probability of losing, but you can never entirely blame a loss on a bad decision because teams can overcome bad decisions, they are just less likely to win in these situations

Bucktown
09-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
great post. This is probably the best post I've read in quite some time.
I second that.

fquaye149
09-07-2003, 09:31 AM

GO WHITE SOX!!!!

you can put it on the (message) board. yes!