09-06-2003, 12:03 PM
KC and Anaheim playing two today.

Top 3rd
Texas 0
at Minnesota 2

fhqwhgads
09-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Bottom 3rd

2-run home run by AJ Pierzynski on his bobblehead day.

Rangers 0
Twins 5

GO TWINS!

delben91
09-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Bottom 3rd

2-run home run by AJ Pierzynski on his bobblehead day.

Rangers 0
Twins 5

GO TWINS!

You know it's a twins fan, he spelled Pierjyzqafueski's name right.

Nick@Nite
09-06-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by delben91
You know it's a twins fan, he spelled Pierjyzqafueski's name right.

I thought guys of Polish decent with "ski" on the end of their name went by, or was always referred to as Ski... why can't the Twins fans get it?

SoxxoS
09-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Thanks for helping, Texas.

fhqwhgads
09-06-2003, 12:54 PM
End of 5

Texas 1
Twins 5

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Think those 2 losses to Boston hurt, right about now?

Ouch, and Cleveland makes it 4-3.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Think those 2 losses to Boston hurt, right about now?

Ouch, and Cleveland makes it 4-3.

Actually, we played those games against Boston tough. Either could have easily gone our way. The two I'm still pissed about are the last one in NY and the first one in Detroit. A totally unnecessary distraction for a team that was doing just fine, until that self-righteous ****ing idiot got in the way...

:jerry
"The '****ing idiot' would be me."

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Actually, we played those games against Boston tough. Either could have easily gone our way. The two I'm still pissed about are the last one in NY and the first one in Detroit. A totally unnecessary distraction for a team that was doing just fine, until that self-righteous ****ing idiot got in the way...

"The '****ing idiot' would be me."

I think the 2 you're referring to were much worse, but still, we lost a 2-hit CG effort from Colon, and had innumerable scoring chances in the second game and didn't capitalize. We should have won at least one of those, and had a good chance of taking both.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I think the 2 you're referring to were much worse, but still, we lost a 2-hit CG effort from Colon, and had innumerable scoring chances in the second game and didn't capitalize. We should have won at least one of those, and had a good chance of taking both.

Oh, I agree completely. I think some games go your way, and others don't. In the long run those sorts of games all even out. The Boston games hurt, but it wasn't for lack of effort by the Sox. I can live with that.

What pisses me off was losing two games last week because Manuel turned the entire week into a sideshow at the circus. We got blown out and we'll never know what might have been if not for the stupid sideshow Manuel created for the entire team. We played lousy in those games and I have little doubt Manuel was the main culprit. Those kind of games don't even out--because most teams have better managers than Manuel, the first manager in history to set his rotation to beat a 99-loss team.

:angry:

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Manuel, the first manager in history to set his rotation to beat a 99-loss team.

Hey, I like the sound of that. It's good to be known for something.

fhqwhgads
09-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Twins win, 5-2.

Lip Man 1
09-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Any help the Sox get from stiffs like Texas, Anaheim and Detroit is a monster bonus. Even ONE game!

But don't hold your breath very much, they are playing kids while the other clubs like Minnesota and KC are still going all out because they have to.

The Sox don't even catch a break with the now race between the Yankees and Red Sox. Neither team has anything clinched, neither team will play kids and neither team plays KC or Minnesota. Plus George is one the warpath again (see story on ESPN.com)

Yea those games that Manager Gandhi pissed away in the first part of the season are going to bite us on the ass big time, maybe cost us a playoff spot.

I don't know if I can take three more weeks of this!

The Sox have got to go into the Twins series at least tied, they simply can NOT afford to be even a single game out. Time is rapidly running out.

Lip

Huisj
09-06-2003, 07:42 PM
good grief, what time did that minnesota game start today? I was at the cell and by the time the game started, the twins had a five run lead already in the third inning? what was it, an eleven o'clock game???

MRKARNO
09-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
good grief, what time did that minnesota game start today? I was at the cell and by the time the game started, the twins had a five run lead already in the third inning? what was it, an eleven o'clock game???

It was at eleven because they needed to convert the stadium back for the 7:05 U of Minnesota game tonight. They werent gonna allow any innings to begin after 2:30 PM.

Huisj
09-06-2003, 08:11 PM
i see

Jurr
09-06-2003, 08:17 PM
If we can slap Minnesota around during this upcoming series, I bet we'll see them start to squander a couple of games to the other guys. On the other hand, if Minnesota puts it to us, we're in BIG trouble, and it'll just about be football time.

Unregistered
09-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Anaheim scores 3 in the 7th and takes a 6-5 lead over the Royals in the first game...

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Anaheim scores 3 in the 7th and takes a 6-5 lead over the Royals in the first game...

First game? Are they playing more than 1 game tonight?

Anyway, 6-5, good news.

Jurr
09-06-2003, 08:34 PM
They've got a double dip, right???

Jurr
09-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Yup...the second game is slated at 10:15 CST. That really sucks for the Royals. Awwwwwwww....

Unregistered
09-06-2003, 08:44 PM
I know this falls in the "petty/stupid" category of complaints, but in what world does the word "Chicago" fall behind "Minnesota" when they have identical records? Not to go on a Hangar18 media conspiracy rant, I just noticed that ESPN has insisted on listing the standings as such for the last few days. Conversely, the Trib website does the exact opposite for some reason, putting "White Sox" before "Twins" in the standings.

voodoochile
09-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I know this falls in the "petty/stupid" category of complaints, but in what world does the word "Chicago" fall behind "Minnesota" when they have identical records? Not to go on a Hangar18 media conspiracy rant, I just noticed that ESPN has insisted on listing the standings as such for the last few days. Conversely, the Trib website does the exact opposite for some reason, putting "White Sox" before "Twins" in the standings.

The Trib generally goes alphabetically in the event of ties. I have no idea why ESPN would be listing the Sox second.

Viva Magglio
09-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Game 1 of the Royals-Angels ends...and it's an Angels winner!

Unregistered
09-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Oh, and

Royals Lose.

I think Anaheim should go for the DH sweep.

TornLabrum
09-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I think Anaheim should go for the DH sweep.

Since they're managed by Mike Scoscia and not by Jerry Manuel, they might.

MRKARNO
09-06-2003, 09:03 PM
It's kinda funny to me how the (second) royals game is starting 11 hours after the twins game started

Unregistered
09-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Since they're managed by Mike Scoscia and not by Jerry Manuel, they might. Oh come on, that's not fair. It depends on whether or not the series was already "clinched". :D:

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Royals now 2.5 back of both Minny and the Sox. We have to keep our eyes on those guys -- they're pesky as crap and could still sneak up on us with their easy schedule.

More and more, though, I am convinced that the Sox's season will hinge on their head-to-head games with both their divisional competitors. We need to go 2-1, 3-1 in most if not all those series, based on the cakewalk (i.e. Detroit Tigers) schedules they both have.

jortafan
09-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The Trib generally goes alphabetically in the event of ties. I have no idea why ESPN would be listing the Sox second.

T-Twins comes before W-White Sox.

Maybe we should change the name to Black Sox. The uniform socks already fit.

voodoochile
09-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
T-Twins comes before W-White Sox.

Maybe we should change the name to Black Sox. The uniform socks already fit.

Yes, but Chicago comes before Minnesota...

Unregistered
09-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Yup...the second game is slated at 10:15 CST. That really sucks for the Royals. Awwwwwwww.... Wow, so much for that 10:15 start. They're already into the 2nd inning, tied at 1.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 11:15 PM
The Royals are down to their last 3 outs in the nightcap at Anaheim, trailing 3-1.

RKMeibalane
09-06-2003, 11:17 PM
The Royals are down to their last 3 outs in the nightcap at Anaheim, trailing 3-1.

KC is finished. Assuming the Sox take care of business against them, there's no way they're going to win the division. The Twins are the only team I'm worried about now, because they get to play the damn Tigers seven times during the last two weeks of the season. If that team of *******s sneaks into the playoffs, I won't watch another baseball game until next year.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
KC is finished. Assuming the Sox take care of business against them, there's no way they're going to win the division. The Twins are the only team I'm worried about now, because they get to play the damn Tigers seven times during the last two weeks of the season. If that team of *******s sneaks into the playoffs, I won't watch another baseball game until next year.

Detroit can play spoiler better than anybody. That's a team that has nothing to build on for next year except maybe tripping up the Twins the last two weeks of this season. They don't want to break the '62 Mets record, so they've got a bit of extra motivation, too.

If the Sox take care of their own business--including beating Minnesota--we won't need to worry about the Twinkies' "easy" schedule at all.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Royals lose 3-1, swept in the doubleheader by Anaheim.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Royals lose 3-1, swept in the doubleheader by Anaheim.

EXCELLENT!!!

Now Texas needs to win tomorrow against the Twins.

Lip Man 1
09-06-2003, 11:47 PM
The only team Detroit beats consistently (for them) is the Sox. Expect NO favors out of them against the Twins.

It's up to the Sox themselves to take care of business they control their own destiny.

In two weeks how big will that "impossible" Twins win against the Angels look?

BTW Phil Rogers has a column on the Twins in the Sunday Tribune. I get a sense (of course I could be wrong) that Phil expects Minnesota to take it because they have the far easier slate. Like I said the Sox don't even get a break now with the Yanks / Red Sox because NY is far from clinching and Boston is fighting for the Wild Card.

To add insult to injury the Cubs have the easiest schedule in September among the three NL Central clubs.

Typical rotten Sox luck eh? It'd be just like them to have the Cubs sneak in and they lose by a game (perhaps that miracle Minnesota win?)

Lip

MRKARNO
09-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
EXCELLENT!!!

Now Texas needs to win tomorrow against the Twins.

And the sox need a good start from wright, but I think we'll see the good danny wright

HawkDJ
09-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

BTW Phil Rogers has a column on the Twins in the Sunday Tribune. I get a sense (of course I could be wrong) that Phil expects Minnesota to take it because they have the far easier slate. Like I said the Sox don't even get a break now with the Yanks / Red Sox because NY is far from clinching and Boston is fighting for the Wild Card.

I'd have to say it's the Twins division to lose now. If they can capitalize against games versus bad teams, unlike the Sox, they'll probably win the division (unless we do really really well against them).