PDA

View Full Version : We need help from Anaheim and Texas

WHarris13
09-06-2003, 10:02 AM
We cant just continue to keep pace with KC and Minny.

siugrad25
09-06-2003, 10:08 AM
While I agree with that comment, I also believe the Sox made their bed a long time back with bad losses to the Tigers, Cleveland, TB and others.

They've had so many chances to break this thing open it's not even funny. But even in saying that I'm just happy the Sox are ina pennant race and still in first. They control their fate from this point out... They've got two series vs. the Twins and Royals...

LuvSox
09-06-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by WHarris13

No ****?

Jurr
09-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Well, winning against KC and Minny will demoralize them, and possibly screw with their momentum (hopefully leading to some losses against scrub teams).
The series this week against the Twins will set the tone for the stretch run.
KC's going to run out of gas with that schedule. It seems they already are losing their focus a little.
Minnesota's going to be the bear to compete with, but we'll see. The Boston series aside, we have played good ball against the bigger teams of late. (And hell, we should have at least split that series....Bruce Kimm...)
If we can win 3 of 4 against the Twinks, or possibly even sweep, that will go a looong way.

jabrch
09-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by WHarris13

Well forget about it. We wont get it. And Detroit (who plays 7 times vs both Minn and KC) won't help us either. See my thread below. We will have to win 2 of 3 in each series ourselves and need to be particularly sharp in our head to heads vs Minn and KC. 5 of 7 in each of those and we can bury them. Corpseball...and we get burried.

jabrch
09-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Pitfching Matchups

Darrell May vs Shields and Jamey Wright (boy is KC In trouble) vs Kevin Gregg. I am certainly hoping Ana can win em both. The first one should be a win - Shields is the best pitcher either of those teams have. And you know KC is having SP problems if the best they can find is Jamey Wright.

Go Angels!

fhqwhgads
09-06-2003, 01:25 PM
I know you guys really care what the Twins' fans' perspective is, but we don't want KC to drop out of the race too quickly, otherwise the Sox will be playing the AAA Royals at the end of the year.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Why can't we "just keep pace"? Every team is in our rearview mirror, except one. We play those guys head-to-head and that ought to decide the division crown. This assumes of course that Jerry Manuel isn't thinking about settling for 2 out of 3 in any of the other games we play like he did last week in New York. :angry:

If the Sox don't finish with a better record than Minnesota, they deserve to sit home this October. I'm not making any excuses for any of them--least of all that idiot in the manager's office.

duke of dorwood
09-06-2003, 02:52 PM
They put themselves in this position by sleepwalking thru half a season. Its simply time for daily intensity, unselfish play, and they should finish OK. I have always said the losses to Detroit will be the difference. Only the Sox can overcome that with intense play the rest of the way.