PDA

View Full Version : playoff poll

soxwon
09-06-2003, 01:14 AM
i know we should just think about OUR TEAM but i cant help think about the Other Side.
i want to know-Do you think the Cubs will make the playoffs?
yes or no
also will both teams make it?
yes or no?
my votes say sox most definetly'-Yes

the Cubs fall short- NO

gogosoxgogo
09-06-2003, 01:17 AM
sox will make it. cubs will lose to houston. both centrals are going down to the wire though

Jurr
09-06-2003, 09:45 AM
I think the Cubs are a lock, as much as I hate to say it. Zambrano has peaked, as has Prior. They're coming through in the clutch, and they have tons of momentum after that St.Louis series. We could see a Chi Town World Series, which would make my colon explode.

Gumshoe
09-06-2003, 11:29 AM
AS I have been saying for a long time, it'll come down to Thomas and Sosa. Sosa has been everything the Cubs act like he is for the last 2 months. I really must give him credit --- he is carrying them in many ways. Thomas, likewise (except they don't really pitch to him like they do Sammy). But the distinguishing factor will be those last 2 weeks. If either doesn't get it done then, he will be called a goat.

That being said, I think the Cubs will find a way to lose. You can argue that the Cubs are better than the Astros (or Cards), but it's way too close to call. I think that it's clearer that the Sox are a better team than both KC and MIN though. However, it's all about who gets hot. Next series vs. MIN is huge. I think the Sox come up big. Sox win by 2, Cubs lose by 2.

Gumshoe

ps- everyone talks about Cubs starting pitching, but it can falter. I think the Sox starters are too tough for them not to win, unless the offense does a Cub for the last month and doesn't show up at all.

FJA
09-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
i know we should just think about OUR TEAM

This is where I stand. I really don't give a rat's behind what the Cubs do right now ... if the Sox are knocked out of it, then I'll worry about cheering against the Cubs. Until then, they can win, they can lose ... it doesn't really matter to me either way, nor do I care to predict what they will do.

TornLabrum
09-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by FJA
This is where I stand. I really don't give a rat's behind what the Cubs do right now ... if the Sox are knocked out of it, then I'll worry about cheering against the Cubs. Until then, they can win, they can lose ... it doesn't really matter to me either way, nor do I care to predict what they will do.

To take a page from Gen. Disarray, "If the Sox pay attention to what they do as a team, the Cubs will take care of themselves."

white sox bill
09-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Both Centrals will come down to the last few games. Scrubs starting pitching will kep them in in. I think they will tank the last week and hopefully finish about 3 games out.

The good guys will be challenged mostly by Twins. I don't wanna jinx us--'nough said!
Bill

shane
09-07-2003, 10:20 PM
The NL Central is weak. Whichever team wins, they won't be playing the Sox in the WS, because they'll most likely be going home after the first round of the post season. However, I think the Cubs have a great chance to represent the NL Central in the post season.

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Based on the schedules of the remaining participants, I think predicting the Twins and Flubs would not at all be uncalled for, as much as it sickens me to say this. Obviously I'm hoping for the Sox and the Stros or Cards, so we'll see...

MRKARNO
09-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Based on the schedules of the remaining participants, I think predicting the Twins and Flubs would not at all be uncalled for, as much as it sickens me to say this. Obviously I'm hoping for the Sox and the Stros or Cards, so we'll see...

I think that if the sox come in and pound the twins, then the easy schedule wont be able to bail them out. It doesnt help the twins cause that KC is quickly deteriorating and might be eliminated by the time we get to Kauffman

TornLabrum
09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I think that if the sox come in and pound the twins, then the easy schedule wont be able to bail them out. It doesnt help the twins cause that KC is quickly deteriorating and might be eliminated by the time we get to Kauffman

Of course if the Royals are out of the race by the time we get to Kauffman, that means they'll start a bunch of AA and AAA pitchers, which means we won't be able to score any runs.

:jerry

"It's just like I keep telling the guys. You have to play to the level of your competition."

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Both the Twins and Royals play the Tigers something like 7 more times each. The only hope we have is that the Tigers players don't want to go down as the worst team in modern baseball history, so they'll try their damnedest to win each and every game the remainder of the year.

doublem23
09-08-2003, 01:50 AM
You can stick a fork in the Royals or drop a nail in their coffin because they are done (Only the third team to not win a division after having a 7-game lead at the All-Star Break... Hycuk hycuk... But no, they won't collapse...)... It'll come down to the head-to-head between the Twins and Sox, here's hoping for White Sox winners...

As for the NL Central... Argh, the damn Cubs have been playing well lately, though, to quote an imfamous Chicagoan, wouldn't it be DELICIOUS for late-season collapse? :D:

Sox and Cubs both have very real chances... Given the schedules, though, the Cubs are sitting prettier than the Sox.