PDA

View Full Version : Maroth loses #20

MisterB
09-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Mike Maroth lost his 20th decision tonight. Maybe now Brian Kingman can get a life... (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1609548)

Unregistered
09-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Maybe now Brian Kingman can get a life... Seriously. When he started breaking out the voodoo dolls and trying to put a hex on anyone close to 20, it got to be a little much...

Kingman will surely parlay this into a book and a press conference.

MisterB
09-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Here's the actual recap:

Kingman's voodoo doll doesn't work (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230905114)

TommyJohn
09-05-2003, 10:50 PM
J. Hood was unloading on Brian Kingman tonight, calling
him a loser. He also spoke of how Kingman had depres-
sion for eight years over his 20 loss season. I thought,
if that's the case, I can imagine how poor Wilbur Wood
felt. He used to win and lose 20 in the same season. He
must've been bi-polar.

1951Campbell
09-05-2003, 10:55 PM
If God told me my only chance to play in the bigs was to pitch and have a 6-20 season, I'd still take it in a heartbeat. If God then told me the only way I could play for 20 years was to have, say, a 120-300 career record, I'd still take it.

Hey, God...are you reading this message board? I'm still available!

:gulp:

MHOUSE
09-05-2003, 11:00 PM
I personally like Maroth. He seems like a nice enough guy and didn't sit out to stay away from 20. He just wants to pitch and you gotta like that. He must've been nervous about it because he got shelled in 3 innings like 8 or 9 runs. He's had a lot of hard luck and I hope things turn out better for the guy. Hopefully he won't be as big of a loser as Kingman.

TommyJohn
09-05-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
If God told me my only chance to play in the bigs was to pitch and have a 6-20 season, I'd still take it in a heartbeat. If God then told me the only way I could play for 20 years was to have, say, a 120-300 career record, I'd still take it.

Hey, God...are you reading this message board? I'm still available!

:gulp:

I never thought of it that way. But you make a great point. If
God told me I could play ten years in MLB but have a lifetime
BA of .200 with a couple of home runs, I'd take it. I'd just pity
the dudes who'd give up my two home runs.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
I never thought of it that way. But you make a great point. If
God told me I could play ten years in MLB but have a lifetime
BA of .200 with a couple of home runs, I'd take it. I'd just pity
the dudes who'd give up my two home runs.

Say what, I would like to have the opportunity for you to hit them off of my pitching! :D:

Bisco Stu
09-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Brian Kingman is the anti-Tom Seaver. Hope Maroth loses 20-however many starts he has left, to shut "Ding Dong" up once and fer all.

Jjav829
09-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I personally like Maroth. He seems like a nice enough guy and didn't sit out to stay away from 20. He just wants to pitch and you gotta like that. He must've been nervous about it because he got shelled in 3 innings like 8 or 9 runs. He's had a lot of hard luck and I hope things turn out better for the guy. Hopefully he won't be as big of a loser as Kingman.

The guy also pitched after learning that his grandmother had passed away. I give him credit for going out there.