PDA

View Full Version : Skybox: What to expect?

mandmandm
09-05-2003, 02:09 PM
I will be attending my first skybox outing at Comiskey tonight. What can I expect? Are the things to check out that I would not normally have access to? Secret passages? Can I go fill in half an inning for Ed? Smoke a cigar with JR? Just wondering??

hose
09-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
I will be attending my first skybox outing at Comiskey tonight. What can I expect? Are the things to check out that I would not normally have access to? Secret passages? Can I go fill in half an inning for Ed? Smoke a cigar with JR? Just wondering??

Save room for dessert.

voodoochile
09-05-2003, 02:15 PM

Make sure you are careful with the dessert tray girls, they charge extra for that stuff, but if you tip them well, they may sneak you some stuff. One time I got tickets for a Sox game skybox through a vendor and the guy tipped the girls so well that they brought back a whole bottle of Bailey's and a box of those edible chocolate shot glasses. Man we had a great time...

mandmandm
09-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Can you sneak people up by passing tickets or is security and space tight? As you might be able to tell by the question I am not quite skybox material.

Paulwny
09-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Make sure you are careful with the dessert tray girls, they charge extra for that stuff, but if you tip them well, they may sneak you some stuff. One time I got tickets for a Sox game skybox through a vendor and the guy tipped the girls so well that they brought back a whole bottle of Bailey's and a box of those edible chocolate shot glasses. Man we had a great time...

After JR reads this, there maybe some dessert tray girls looking for new jobs.

gosox41
09-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Can you sneak people up by passing tickets or is security and space tight? As you might be able to tell by the question I am not quite skybox material.

No you can't. They have a system. If you do leave the sky box area they give you a form that you need to get back in. They also mark your tickets once you've been up there.

Bob

whitesoxwilkes
09-05-2003, 02:34 PM
What box are you in? I'll be there tonight with LaSalle Bank, box 434.

Nellie_Fox
09-05-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that each skybox patron can select one fan from the cheap seats to be shot.

mandmandm
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

Paulwny
09-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I'm pretty sure that each skybox patron can select one fan from the cheap seats to be shot.

That answers the attendance problem.

LuvSox
09-05-2003, 02:40 PM

"Let them eat cake"

CubKiller
09-05-2003, 02:48 PM
The skyboxes are nice, but I don't think you can get a hot dog from the grill (unless you get someone to bring you one).

The times I've been up there, they put a bunch of hot dogs in a tub of hot water and you help yourself. They're good, but not as good as off the grill.

Make sure someone tells an employee to open up the window. It's uncool to watch the game w/the window closed.

Chisox353014
09-05-2003, 03:14 PM

Note to self: remember to wear bulletproof vest to game tonight.

34 Inch Stick
09-05-2003, 03:35 PM

If you like lap dances with your baseball I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise.

gogosoxgogo
09-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

wilkes, what branch do you work at? My dad works for Lasalle and gets skybox all the time. It's a nice box, and they got a bigger one this year (or maybe that was the United Center, I can't remember). I haven't gone in a while, but hopefully my pops will get tickets again soon.

voodoochile
09-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
After JR reads this, there maybe some dessert tray girls looking for new jobs.

This was 15 years ago. I doubt they still work there...

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 04:56 PM
I've been in The Cell skyboxes once and once at The Shrines skyboxes.

The Cell skyboxes are luxurious. By comparison The Shrine box was spartan, to be kind.

The Cell restrooms were clean and neat. The Shrine skybox restrooms were one step up from forest preserve.

I was in The Shrine skybox last year on the Saturday game against the Sox. I proudly wore my Sox shirt. As my wife, one year old daughter and I walked the catwalk to our box we were serenaded with a chorus of "F.U.s" from the jealous Cubbie drunks from the lower bowl.

Wait. What am I thinking. That couldn't of been Cubbie fans. Cubbie fans don't use vulgar language. It had to have been Sox fans greeting one of their own.

whitesoxwilkes
09-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
wilkes, what branch do you work at? My dad works for Lasalle and gets skybox all the time. It's a nice box, and they got a bigger one this year (or maybe that was the United Center, I can't remember). I haven't gone in a while, but hopefully my pops will get tickets again soon.

My GF works for them, in Corporate Trust at their HQ down here.