PDA

View Full Version : Hofmann Takes Shots At Cubbie Fans...

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 01:21 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/images/mugs/hofmann.jpg

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Online

Cubs fans deserve our warmest welcome
Last Updated: Sept. 4, 2003

Dale Hofmann

Less than a week ago, a motorized division of bearded, barrel-chested, tattooed visitors roared out of our town, and now we look forward to entertaining thousands more who look just like them. Cubs fans frequently travel with their wives.

OK. Sorry. Cheap joke. Of course we're delighted that the Cubs will be bringing legions of followers to Miller Park tonight as they get a late start on their annual plunge from the playoff race. Chicagoans will always be greeted here with open arms as long as America has a common currency...

LINKY (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/sep03/167401.asp)

MarqSox
09-05-2003, 01:26 PM
That was less about criticizing Cubs fans and more about just taking cheap shots at Chicagoans in general.

Dale Hofmann is nothing more than a bitter old man, and a horribly mediocre columnist, I might add.

FanOf14
09-05-2003, 01:27 PM
I agree with MarqSox (I was beat to the punch).

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
That was less about criticizing Cubs fans and more about just taking cheap shots at Chicagoans in general.

Dale Hofmann is nothing more than a bitter old man, and a horribly mediocre columnist, I might add.

Hofmann came of the box swinging at Cubbie fan wives. It's inflammatory but not worthy of Jay Marrioti. There is a reason Hofmann is writing for a Milwaukee paper.

JohnJeter
09-05-2003, 01:42 PM
This originates from the same city that, for the Harley party, had Kid Rock (oops, wrong demo), Tim McGraw (bikers love ballads, don't they?), the increasingly pathetic Dan Aykroyd, and ELTON JOHN as musical entertainment.

MarqSox
09-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
This originates from the same city that, for the Harley party, had Kid Rock (oops, wrong demo), Tim McGraw (bikers love ballads, don't they?), the increasingly pathetic Dan Aykroyd, and ELTON JOHN as musical entertainment.
Yeah but that wasn't the city's fault. The Harley company actually put that stupid lineup together, so they don't even know their own demographic. Don't hate on Milwaukee, it's a nice town. But Hofmann's an idiot.

white sox bill
09-05-2003, 02:17 PM
It's worth a good chuckle ot two..Milwaukee's one cool city though hate to say it folks. I've lived in both Ill. and Wisc. and Wisconsin gets my vote despite higher taxes. Besides, anyone who rips the Flubs is OK w/me!
Bill

thepaulbowski
09-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
It's worth a good chuckle ot two..Milwaukee's one cool city though hate to say it folks. I've lived in both Ill. and Wisc. and Wisconsin gets my vote despite higher taxes. Besides, anyone who rips the Flubs is OK w/me!
Bill

Milwaukee is cool, but Green Bay sucks! :D: