PDA

View Full Version : Another contender who's been doing as bad as us this week


MRKARNO
09-04-2003, 10:15 PM
The Mariners amassed no runs on 6 hits against tampa bay in its last two games. We just couldnt put it together agaisnt Boston, but the M's couldnt do anything against TB

Deadguy
09-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Offensively, they have been struggling for the past month:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/poweralley?season=2003&week=22

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 11:01 PM
This is good news, right? We want the BoSox to win the WC, so we the Sox don't have to travel west for the playoffs in the first series.

MRKARNO
09-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This is good news, right? We want the BoSox to win the WC, so we the Sox don't have to travel west for the playoffs in the first series.

Basically if the white sox win the central and the M's win the WC, we face the yanks in the first round. If boston wins we have to go to Oakland. Considering that we were a poor Jerry manuel decision away from sweeping the yanks at yankee stadium, I think I'd rather see the bosox win the wc. The thing is we play boston for 3 more, so we dont want to help their cause, but we want them to win when they're not playing us.

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Basically if the white sox win the central and the M's win the WC, we face the yanks in the first round. If boston wins we have to go to Oakland. Considering that we were a poor Jerry manuel decision away from sweeping the yanks at yankee stadium, I think I'd rather see the bosox win the wc. The thing is we play boston for 3 more, so we dont want to help their cause, but we want them to win when they're not playing us.

No, the WC cannot face the team from its own division in the opening round, so if the BoSox win, they go to Oakland and the ALC champ goes to NY (barring some freak turn of events where the ALC produces a top 2 record and/or the WC team).

MRKARNO
09-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, the WC cannot face the team from its own division in the opening round, so if the BoSox win, they go to Oakland and the ALC champ goes to NY (barring some freak turn of events where the ALC produces a top 2 record and/or the WC team).

sorry bout that. I switched up the initial facts, but still said what I was trying to say