PDA

View Full Version : SI says

Lip Man 1
09-04-2003, 02:41 PM
For what it's worth:

Got my Sports Illustrated today with Ohio State and Washington on the cover.

On page 68 they make their picks for the rest of the season. As far as the A.L. Central:

"As gritty as the Royals have been, it's difficult to believe they can win the division while being outscored by 23 runs. The White Sox are a brutal road team (30 - 41) with a killer schedule (22 games left against winning teams.) That leaves the door open for the Twins, an underachieving club all season but one that can take advantage of a soft schedule. They have seven games left with the White Sox but the rest are all against teams with losing records. Give Minnesota the edge especially with Johan Santana (5-0 1.07 ERA in August) leading the staff."

Lip

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2003, 02:52 PM
This makes me smile especially considering how their preseason No. 1 football team did this past weekend.

We can buy playoff tickets now, cuz it's in the bag.

Iwritecode
09-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Minny may have an easier schedule but they still have to face the Indians 6 more times. Right now they are 5-8 against them. The Tribe has been giving them fits all season long.

In comparison, the Sox are 8 - 8 and the Royals are 10 - 3.

I'm sure the Tribe would love to play spoiler against either one of those teams...

LASOXFAN
09-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Minny may have an easier schedule but they still have to face the Indians 6 more times. Right now they are 5-8 against them. The Tribe has been giving them fits all season long.

In comparison, the Sox are 8 - 8 and the Royals are 10 - 3.

I'm sure the Tribe would love to play spoiler against either one of those teams...

Indians and Twins have some bad blood going too. But it's a shame that Anderson is gone because he schooled the Twins all season. And what's up with Bradley?

SoxxoS
09-05-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
This makes me smile especially considering how their preseason No. 1 football team did this past weekend.

We can buy playoff tickets now, cuz it's in the bag.

Don't forget about that Oregon State preseason #1, either.