PDA

View Full Version : More Cubbie Fan Misbehavior - flubbie game thread 9/04

DrCrawdad
09-04-2003, 03:27 PM
How dare the homeplate ump throw out the Saviour of Baseball, Sammy Sosa!

Then what do Cubbie fans do? Litter the field with garbage for the 3rd time in 3 games.

Sorry to "blow this up" Les.

bobj4400
09-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Throwing things on the field after Scam-Me was ejected for arguing balls and strikes...real classy fans, Les.

What are those "great" fans going to do the rest of the afternoon without the chance to cheer wildly for medium deep flyballs from His Corkiness?? Actually cheer for a victory? Fat chance at the Urinal...

Soxfan7070
09-04-2003, 03:30 PM
...for arguing balls and strikes. In next play, ump blew a call and Flub fans litter field. Fans are booing even though the Flubs are up 3-2 at the time. I think more will be tossed by the end of the game...Flubs aren't too happy with the umps... :)

DrCrawdad
09-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Throwing things on the field after Scam-Me was ejected for arguing balls and strikes...real classy fans, Les.

http://www.networkirc.com/grobber/images/les1000sm.jpg

"DrCrawdad, that was less than 20 people who littered the field and delayed the game. And those 20 litterbugs were probably Sox fans, since Cub fans don't misbehave."

Jerko
09-04-2003, 03:36 PM
What is this?

Cairo LF 2 0 0 0
Widger C 2 0 0 0
Taguchi RF 1 0 0 0
Tomko P

No that is not a menu at some International restaurant; Let's see now, I'll have a Widger of Tomko Taguchi to go. No, that is who the Cardinals are using today instead of JD Drew, Jim Edmonds and whoever their normal cather is. You REALLY need that all righty lineup in with that Monster lefty Estes on the bump. PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS TONY LA MANUEL! :angry: :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
09-04-2003, 03:36 PM
OK, good.

Now, can the ****ing Cardinals actually WIN THE DAMN GAME today?

DrCrawdad
09-04-2003, 03:39 PM
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/photo/ph_coach_mugshot_baker.jpg
"I don't cry or whine about nothing..." - Dusty Baker.

Exceptions:
Umpires.
Disputed calls.
Fans who boo.
Reds celebrations.
White Sox celebrations.

Jerko
09-04-2003, 03:40 PM
And it's only the 3rd inning so they can't say they are tired and cranky like Tuesday's excuse was.

Iwritecode
09-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
What is this?

Cairo LF 2 0 0 0
Widger C 2 0 0 0
Taguchi RF 1 0 0 0
Tomko P

No that is not a menu at some International restaurant; Let's see now, I'll have a Widger of Tomko Taguchi to go. No, that is who the Cardinals are using today instead of JD Drew, Jim Edmonds and whoever their normal cather is. You REALLY need that all righty lineup in with that Monster lefty Estes on the bump. PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS TONY LA MANUEL! :angry: :angry:

I don't know how much they played the past few days but, they are playing 5 games in 4 days. One of them was an extra-inning game. Maybe he figures Estes sucks so bad that his bench can light him up and he can use his regular guys later in the game if needed...

WinningUgly!
09-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Exceptions:
Umpires.
Disputed calls.
Fans who boo.
Reds celebrations.
White Sox celebrations.

Too many day games.
Retaliation form Cardinal pitchers.

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Edmonds is nursing a bruise that kept him out of yesterday's game, too.

bobj4400
09-04-2003, 03:57 PM

Exceptions:
Umpires.
Disputed calls.
Fans who boo.
Reds celebrations.
White Sox celebrations.

Anybody else catch the Scrubby Hop being done at home plate after Scam-me*s homer on Tuesday??

Hey Messiah, er Dusty, what do you think about that??

cheeses_h_rice
09-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Now that the Cards are winning 5-3, the red ass is making an appearance bigtime on the Flubs ESPN board. People are saying the umps are screwing the Flubs on purpose today because of yesterday.

Viva Magglio
09-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Now that the Cards are winning 5-3, the red ass is making an appearance bigtime on the Flubs ESPN board. People are saying the umps are screwing the Flubs on purpose today because of yesterday.

Not that I mind it happening to the Cubs, but this is an example of the horrible umpiring we have seen all season long. Lord knows we have had our own series of bad calls go against us, like last night for example with the strike zone.

Viva Magglio
09-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Doc, the quote you hypothetically attributed to Les is not realistic. Les would not say that. How do I know? I recall an littering the field occasion when Les was still on the Score. On his subsequent overnight show, he trashed the Cub fans who littered the field in a five minute rant saying they should "JUMP IN THE LAKE!!!"

bobj4400
09-04-2003, 04:38 PM
I think Rolen might be the most unclutch hitter in the league. This series, he has had so many opportunities to kill the Cubs and he pops up, grounds out, or strikes out repeatedly. :angry:

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
And it's only the 3rd inning so they can't say they are tired and cranky like Tuesday's excuse was.

That was Mike "Cub Apologist" Kileys Excuse ......
I wonder what hes going to say tomorrow about these CLASSLESS Fans? WWJBT ?? (what would japanese businessman think?)

Hokiesox
09-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Not that I mind it happening to the Cubs, but this is an example of the horrible umpiring we have seen all season long. Lord knows we have had our own series of bad calls go against us, like last night for example with the strike zone.

I was in the stands at Camden Yards when the ump called the fair homerun "foul" That woulda won us the game.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
I think Rolen might be the most unclutch hitter in the league. This series, he has had so many opportunities to kill the Cubs and he pops up, grounds out, or strikes out repeatedly. :angry:

Rolen doesn't play well against the Cubs for some reason. Some teams just have your number I guess.

Unregistered
09-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Wah-oh... Alou fall down go boom... :whiner:

Long live the curse of the billy-goat.

bobj4400
09-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Cardinals awesome bullpen strikes again.

cheeses_h_rice
09-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Walk. Beaned batter. Single.

Man, those Cardinals relievers are awesome.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2003, 05:27 PM
I can't believe you guys are watching this. Either you guys are masochists or have ironclad stomachs. Even under the best of circumstances, I can't manage anything more than the Flubbie TV broadcast with Chimp muted. Watching today's Flubbie game would make me break out in hives.

:chimp
"Laser shot! Caught by the catcher! Oh, my..."

bobj4400
09-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I can't believe you guys are watching this.

Not watching...I was listening until they just loaded the bases. I had to turn it off b/c I couldnt take it anymore.

cheeses_h_rice
09-04-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm at work, following the Royals game and the Cards game.

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Why Do the Cardinals SUCK so bad.....
When The World Needs A Hero ??

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 05:32 PM
somehow, the redbirds blew another lead (5-3) and are now
Losing 7-6. Pathetic

bobj4400
09-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
somehow, the redbirds blew another lead (5-3) and are now
Losing 7-6. Pathetic

It is called having the worst bullpen in the majors.

DrCrawdad
09-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Doc, the quote you hypothetically attributed to Les is not realistic. Les would not say that. How do I know? I recall an littering the field occasion when Les was still on the Score. On his subsequent overnight show, he trashed the Cub fans who littered the field in a five minute rant saying they should "JUMP IN THE LAKE!!!"

I did exercise a bit of creative license. However, just the other day Les said it was less than 20 fans who littered the field.

MRKARNO
09-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Which is worse?

Two isolated incidents when two morons, one of which was a cubs fan, run on the field

Or when hundreds of bums litter the field with garbage in three straight games?

white sox bill
09-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Flubs take 4 of 5 from Suck Loius. The Redbirds suck. I'm really starting to think the Gay Boyz from the North are the real deal. Thier sarting pitching will keep them in it. You just can't hit those #@**#@!

Expect the Trib. will do a special pull-out section this weekend.Me, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge.
Bill

DrCrawdad
09-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Which is worse?

Two isolated incidents when two morons, one of which was a cubs fan, run on the field

Or when hundreds of bums litter the field with garbage in three straight games?

http://www.networkirc.com/grobber/images/les1000sm.jpg
"Hey, no way were hundreds littering the field at Wrigley. I counted each and every one of the litterbugs and it was less than 20.

"Don't you forget that 85 years ago Sox fans threw trash on the field at Comiskey...

"At the end of each of the 3 of the last 6 Sox victories at Wrigley, when garbage got tossed on Wrigley's outfield grass, that was Sox fans. I can tell because of my excellent vision."

Vsahajpal
09-04-2003, 06:17 PM
A Cubs game thread at WSI? Wow, I've seen it all.

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Got tired of the several threads all dealing with game related incidents and decided to consolidate it. I agree - people spend way too much time worrying about your "lovable losers", Vic...

DrCrawdad
09-04-2003, 06:52 PM

Hey, Hey VIC - where have you been?

Vsahajpal
09-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey, Hey VIC - where have you been?

Just hanging around, waiting anxiously for Michigan football in a few days.

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Just hanging around, waiting anxiously for Michigan football in a few days.

How do you get to Ann Arbor from Columbus?

Go north until you smell it and west until you step in it... :D:

Grobber33
09-05-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
OK, good.

Now, can the ****ing Cardinals actually WIN THE DAMN GAME today?

How about NO!!! Aw you're just all pissed cause the Cubs actually took 4 of 5 in a key Sept Series. They shocked me too,because I predicted on the air St.Louis would win 3 of 5. Oh well......dont hear any 'June Swoon' chatter here!
I only bitch about Umpiring or Officiating when my team wins...that way it's not sour grapes. The Crew of Mike Reilly was really Horse---- in this entire series. Bill Hohn was complete garbage. Had I been Estes,I'd have been ejected along with Sammy(the correct spelling of his name despite what you all call the future Hall Of Famer here),and Rothchild. Of coure I'm sure most of you probably agreed with most calls that went AGAINST the Cubs while complaining about the Pujols drop on Tuesday. Guess that's why you say BIASED, correct Doc??

Grobber33
09-05-2003, 01:41 AM
I did exercise a bit of creative license. However, just the other day Les said it was less than 20 fans who littered the field.

Doc, you're back to grasping for straws---you're just pissed that the Cubs have'nt gone away yet---come on.....deny it!
If you think tons of Fans littered the field,then you're Ray Charles just like Bill Hohn is Stevie Wonder. Fans NEVER litter the Field at the South Side Ball Mall do they???

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
How about NO!!! Aw you're just all pissed cause the Cubs actually took 4 of 5 in a key Sept Series. They shocked me too,because I predicted on the air St.Louis would win 3 of 5. Oh well......dont hear any 'June Swoon' chatter here!
I only bitch about Umpiring or Officiating when my team wins...that way it's not sour grapes. The Crew of Mike Reilly was really Horse---- in this entire series. Bill Hohn was complete garbage. Had I been Estes,I'd have been ejected along with Sammy(the correct spelling of his name despite what you all call the future Hall Of Famer here),and Rothchild. Of coure I'm sure most of you probably agreed with most calls that went AGAINST the Cubs while complaining about the Pujols drop on Tuesday. Guess that's why you say BIASED, correct Doc??

Congratulations to the Cubbies and Cubbie fans. The Cubbies won the games, largely because the Cardinals bullpen is horrible.

People talk about the AL Central being bad. Well that NL Central is just as bad, if not worse.

Oh, but that nasty umpire...what gall he has for tossing the Saviour of Baseball when SamMe spouts profanity. Boo-woo. Let me hand you Cubbie fans a tissue.

Cubbie players, badcasters, fans and that fork tongue manager bitch and moan more than any other team in baseball. Oh, but wait Dusty Baylor says that he NEVER COMPLAINS.

SamMe is a commonly used spelling here and I believe I've heard it too from Cubbie fans back when they booed him this year and at Cubbie Convention.

Les, if you're going to attempt to correct Sox fan spelling then I'll let you know that the Cubbie pitching coach spells his name Rothschild.

Big wins for the Cubbies vs. the Cards. Now see if your "festive" Boys in Blue can beat the BrewCrew.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 02:01 AM
Doc...If you think tons of Fans littered the field...

I never said "tons of fans". I don't believe I've attached any number to the morons who littered the field and delayed the game at the Shrine two times now in the past couple days. You said it was less than twenty, which you know is an attempt to cover up for your favorite team.

When it comes to Les talking about the Cubbies prepare for ...
:whoflungpoo

Vsahajpal
09-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
How do you get to Ann Arbor from Columbus?

Go north until you smell it and west until you step in it... :D:

I just follow Reecie's paper trail :D:

Vsahajpal
09-05-2003, 02:53 AM

I'm with Stone, those hooks Estes threw to Widger in the 5th danced around the plate, not across them. Neither were strikes. That being said, Hohn was detestable. I used to think Angel Hernandez was bad, and Curt Schilling's personal favorite, CB Bucknor, but Hohn is by far the worst in MLB. Mike Shannon, the Cardinals broadcaster, was all over his ass today. I've never seen an umpire chase after players like that just waiting to pounce.

Grobber33
09-05-2003, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DrCrawdad
[B]I never said "tons of fans". I don't believe I've attached any number to the morons who littered the field and delayed the game at the Shrine two times now in the past couple days. You said it was less than twenty, which you know is an attempt to cover up for your favorite team.

Very clever, BUT WRONG!!! Keep trying tho.

Hangar18
09-05-2003, 09:19 AM
Doc, you're back to grasping for straws---you're just pissed that the Cubs have'nt gone away yet---come on.....deny it!
If you think tons of Fans littered the field,then you're Ray Charles just like Bill Hohn is Stevie Wonder. Fans NEVER litter the Field at the South Side Ball Mall do they???

Comeon Les. They showed replays....that was more than 20 people and you know it. about a few hundred

Viva Magglio
09-05-2003, 10:56 AM

Actually, Les, I do not recall any such incident of Sox fans littering the outfield.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 02:17 PM
...I've never seen an umpire chase after players like that just waiting to pounce.

Umpire temperment, it's a weird thing.

Just the other day Graffanino went nuts after being called out on a called 3rd strike. Tony was throwing his arms in the air and screaming. Tony didn't get tossed but JM did.

I did not see the sequence when Sosa got tossed. From what I've heard from people I respect the ump was wrong to chase after Sosa.

Only three people (the ump, Sosa and the catcher) know what Sosa said to the ump. It could be too that Sosa and that ump have had run ins previously. None of us know.

The argument that I don't buy, that I heard from Santo, was that the ump shouldn't toss Sosa on account of who Sosa is. That's BS!

I agree with veteran players usually being given a little more rope. I don't buy the star treatment argument. In the end, if a player deserves to be tossed, toss him. Although the umps shouldn't be instigators.

The umps may have blow calls in the Cubs/Cards series but that's no excuse for the Cubbie and Cubbie fan OVER reactions.

voodoochile
09-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Umpire temperment, it's a weird thing.

Just the other day Graffanino went nuts after being called out on a called 3rd strike. Tony was throwing his arms in the air and screaming. Tony didn't get tossed but JM did.

From all that I've heard, cause I didn't see it, the ump was wrong to chase after Sosa.

Only three people (the ump, Sosa and the catcher) know what Sosa said to the ump. It could be too that Sosa and that ump have had run ins previouslys. None of us know.

The argument that I don't buy, that I heard from Santo, was that the ump shouldn't toss Sosa on account of who Sosa is. That's BS!

I agree with veteran players usually being given a little more rope. But in the end, if a player deserves to be tossed, toss him.

The umps may have blow calls in the Cubs/Cards series but that's no excuse for the Cubbie and Cubbie fan OVER reactions.

While I agree that umps should not try to antagonize players or chase after them, they are human. This all started in the second game on Tuesday and the flubs have been mouthy ever since. You start a war with the umps, you have only yourself to blame.

Viva Magglio
09-05-2003, 03:41 PM
North is tearing the Cubs a new one for continuing to complain about the umpiring when they took four-fifths of that series. I think the umpiring in that series was quite poor. I think it was right to run Sosa out of the game because he said the "magic words" after being called out on a check swing. Remember, in a bad loss at the Jake, Mágglio got run for screaming "F-You!!!" in the home plate umpire's face. As much as I thought that umpire's strike zone was screwed up, he was right to toss Mágglio because Mágglio crossed the line.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2003, 04:00 PM
North is tearing the Cubs a new one for continuing to complain about the umpiring when they took four-fifths of that series. I think the umpiring in that series was quite poor...

"Heat must have affected you white boys brains. 'Cos I told ya'll that I never complain about umpires and neither do my players. If ya'll keep this up I'm gonna dredge up a story about my mama."

Grobber33
09-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Actually, Les, I do not recall any such incident of Sox fans littering the outfield.

Of course not,,,,,that's called selective memory!
I repeat,folks on here are just pissed the Cubs took 4 out of 5 and are haning around. What the heck,,,,gives you all another chance to complain the Cubs are stealing 'PUB' away from the Sox. Whah,whah,whah!!!

TornLabrum
09-06-2003, 06:18 PM
I repeat,folks on here are just pissed the Cubs took 4 out of 5 and are haning around. What the heck,,,,gives you all another chance to complain the Cubs are stealing 'PUB' away from the Sox. Whah,whah,whah!!!

The last time I was at a game when the Sox fan littered the outfield after a bad call was at a game I went to with my fiancee (who has been my wife for 28 years now). It was seat cushion night, and it took the threat of a forfeit to stop the rain of cushions over the outfield walls. I think it took the grounds crew something like 15-20 minutes to get all of them picked up.

I may be mixing my memories here, but as I recall Ronnie Woo-Woo tried to do his act out in left field where we were sitting that night, using the names of the Sox players: "Melton-WOO! May WOO!" I seem to remember seat cushions being thrown at him, too.

jabrch
09-06-2003, 06:25 PM

In this case, it may be a bit from column A - jealousy/anger that the Cubs won 4 of 5 and a bit from column B - angry that we choked away to games that we should have won. I do agree though with Crawdad and Magglio. I don't recall, with the notable exception of Disco Demolition, any significant littering of the field at Comiskey, unless of course, you count those two pieces of human garbage that attacked Gamboa. Am I blind to it, or is littering the field at Wrigley a far more accepted practice (happens once a month or so) than at Comiskey?

Either way Les... I know some people here wont say it, but I am happy for the Cubs fans - the few good ones, not the morons that have jumped the bandwaggon over the past 15 years - who have a great ballclub to watch and a bright future. I, for one, would love to see a Sox vs Cubs worlds series. I hope the Sox PLASTER the Cubs in 4 games, but I'd love to see them go head to head in real meaningful baseball.

jabrch
09-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I may be mixing my memories here, but as I recall Ronnie Woo-Woo tried to do his act out in left field where we were sitting that night, using the names of the Sox players: "Melton-WOO! May WOO!" I seem to remember seat cushions being thrown at him, too.

That's Awesome!!!!! I'd pay to see him pelted with seat cushions - or worse yet....

TommyJohn
09-06-2003, 11:49 PM

Good way to confuse issues. Crawdad asks about Cub fans
littering the outfield, and Les turns around and gives a reply
that amounts to "Nyah, nyah, you're just jealous 'cause we're
in contention! Nyah, nyah!"

DrCrawdad
09-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
Good way to confuse issues. Crawdad asks about Cub fans
littering the outfield, and Les turns around and gives a reply
that amounts to "Nyah, nyah, you're just jealous 'cause we're
in contention! Nyah, nyah!"

It's the bait and switch. Some people are masters of the bait...and switch.

:D:

I'll be here all week.

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2003, 11:56 PM
While we're on the subject, I still don't recall incidents where masses of Sox fans have littered the field, EVER. Meanwhile, I can recall this happening multiple times at Wrigley in the last few years.

I mostly trust Les's memory, as he is Rain Man-esque in his recall, but I think he may be a bit biased in this particular matter. So tell me, Les, when is the last time Sox fans littered the field at Comiskey with trash?

Soxboyrob
09-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The last time I was at a game when the Sox fan littered the outfield after a bad call was at a game I went to with my fiancee (who has been my wife for 28 years now). It was seat cushion night, and it took the threat of a forfeit to stop the rain of cushions over the outfield walls. I think it took the grounds crew something like 15-20 minutes to get all of them picked up.

Interesting Hal. I think I was at that game as a wee lad. I remember being at a game in the early to mid 70's where the game was stopped for same reason. I think the Sox won it in the bottom of the ninth and the fans celebrated by throwing another few thousand on the field after that.

TornLabrum
09-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Interesting Hal. I think I was at that game as a wee lad. I remember being at a game in the early to mid 70's where the game was stopped for same reason. I think the Sox won it in the bottom of the ninth and the fans celebrated by throwing another few thousand on the field after that.

That sounds like the game, Rob. It would have been in 1974 or early 1975 because I met my wife in September of '73 and got married in late June of '75.