PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know these stats?

gosox41
09-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Last night's frustrating game made me think of how frustrating a year it's been(no matter how fun it's been of late.) I just wanted to know a few stats if anyone has them, or if anyone knows where to find them. I may get flamed, but I wonder if my selective memory is as accurate as the numbers. I am beyond frustrated with the last 2 days.

1. No. of DP's Magglio has grounded into in 3 run games with runners on base (not necessarily in scoring position)
2. Number of times Carlos swings at the first pitch with RISP. Also, what his BA when he does this.
3. PK's average when hitting with the bases loaded and less then 2 outs.
4. How many times this year the Sox have had the bases loaded and no one out and of those times, how many did they fail to score. I'd like to see a comparison to other teams.
5. Same as number 4, but with runners on second and third and less then 2 out.
6. What PK, Magglio, and C. Lee are hitting when the team is up by more then 5 runs as opposed to up or down 2 runs.

Outside of Roberto Alomar, I have no confidence of anyone on this team to have the ability to manufacture runs. I'm not even talking about bunting, I mean just hitting a damn sacrifice fly instead of popping out to short left or grounding into another DP.

I doubt these stats exist, but I just wonder if I'm overly negative about how bad this team is at manufacturing runs or if I'm right.

Bob

soxruleEP
09-04-2003, 05:13 PM
I believe I heard on the radio that the Sox have grounded into 11 DPs with the bases loaded.