PDA

View Full Version : John Kass

hose
09-04-2003, 11:15 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/printedition/chi-0309030199sep03,1,2057997.story

So if the Sox don't win a World Series this year, there are only 10 years left.

"Like I care?" said an equally infected Cubs fan, suffering from a nevra attack during the Cardinals game. "Then I should get an 11-year mortgage. So what if the world comes to an end? An asteroid hits and we're all dead. So what?"

We're sick to our stomachs, ready to puke. And every night, a woman with a beautiful voice--Julie Swieca--puts many guys to bed, including me, and my wife doesn't even mind.

Julie is the late-night sports talker and White Sox fan on WSCR-AM who discusses the games of the day, and I've got to listen to her every word, after listening to every word of Dave Wills' post-game wrap-up on the Sox station, WMVP-AM.

Then, when you wake up, you've got to read everything about the team in all the local papers, especially the baseball notes, then go online for the Kansas City and Minneapolis papers.

Then you study yesterday's box scores and today's pitching matchups, then watch the game, either at the ballpark or on TV with the Hawk and DJ or on radio with John and Ed. And Cubs fans have a similar obsession.

Then it's time to wake up, and depending on the last night's game and today's pitching matchup, it's time to feel like puking again.

"Go on! Get up! Stretch!" as Hawk would say.

I've asked people, including those I've just met, this question:

Is this sickness, the nausea, the collective nevra, all this living and dying and living and dying with a ball club, is this what we wanted?

Yes.

This is what we wanted.

It's called baseball in September, with both ball clubs--the Sox and the little blue men up north--fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Fans on both sides of town have experienced the alternative.

Kass is a die-hard Sox just like all of us here at WSI :)

hose
09-04-2003, 11:31 AM
It's called baseball in September, with both ball clubs--the Sox and the little blue men up north--fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

ROFLOL!!!!!!!

That's from the Cubune's #1 guy hehehehe