PDA

View Full Version : Observation


Lip Man 1
09-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Has anybody else noticed that this recent Sox slide (having now lost four of the last six) just "happened" to coincide with Neil Cotts taking the mound last Thursday in Yankee Stadium?

Coincidence?

Lip

WinningUgly!
09-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1


Coincidence?



Yes.

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 11:33 AM
my god. Your Right. I also remember someone HERE, saying that the Cotts Debacle could cause a team to SLIDE in the wrong direction .......

Dadawg_77
09-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Jerry has angered the Baseball Gods, by not going to win in New York. A sacrifice must be made in order to appease the god's wrath. So I purpose

:firejerry

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2003, 11:39 AM
I would have agreed with you but then we spanked Detroit in the final two games.

It's not as if we got blasted this week. We were in a position to win both of those games. I really don't think Magglio, Everett and Lee's inability to get runners in from third with less than two outs has anything to do with Cotts.

Just my two cents.

Dadawg_77
09-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I would have agreed with you but then we spanked Detroit in the final two games.

It's not as if we got blasted this week. We were in a position to win both of those games. I really don't think Magglio, Everett and Lee's inability to get runners in from third with less than two outs has anything to do with Cotts.

Just my two cents.

My softball team could spank Detroit. They had over a 100 loses going into Sept, how you play vs the Tigers shouldn't be used as an example on how well you are playing.

Nellie_Fox
09-04-2003, 11:46 AM
When did Selig tell Frank that he couldn't use the aluminum bat in BP?

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2003, 11:51 AM
OK then. We lost two games to Boston (pretty decent team I think) by one run. We could have won both games if guys get runners in from third.

Geez, get over it.

Dadawg_77
09-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
When did Selig tell Frank that he couldn't use the aluminum bat in BP?

In New York after some girl got hit in the head during batting practice. I have no idea who hit the ball but regardless MLB is afraid of someone getting killed in the stands.

Dadawg_77
09-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
In New York after some girl got hit in the head during batting practice. I have no idea who hit the ball but regardless MLB is afraid of someone getting killed in the stands.

But notice how all the little breaks are going the other way now? Jerry f'ed up the roll, and now the team is paying for it.

LASOXFAN
09-04-2003, 11:58 AM
I would agree but the evidence says otherwise. Colon throws a two-hitter and loses? Loiza tosses a gem? Buehrle pitches his ass off? This is the stuff of a slide? Not in my book.

Okay, so the bats aren't coming up with timely hits right now and maybe they're pressing at the plate a bit. But praise be to Allah that the pitching is holding up. If they were pissed/miffed/disgruntled, they sure aren't showing it on the mound.

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
I would agree but the evidence says otherwise. Colon throws a two-hitter and loses? Loiza tosses a gem? Buehrle pitches his ass off? This is the stuff of a slide? Not in my book.

Okay, so the bats aren't coming up with timely hits right now and maybe they're pressing at the plate a bit. But praise be to Allah that the pitching his holding up. If they were pissed/miffed/disgruntled, they sure aren't showing it on the mound.

Good point man

Rocky Soprano
09-04-2003, 12:05 PM
This morning at McDonald's I asked for no ice and they still put ice in my drink. It must be Manuel's fault for starting Cotts. Everything that goes wrong is because of that!

harwar
09-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
My softball team could spank Detroit. They had over a 100 loses going into Sept, how you play vs the Tigers shouldn't be used as an example on how well you are playing.

and i'll tell ya somethin else we got to look forward too...the twins play the tigers 7 out of their last 10 games while we are fighting it out with the royals,.unless we have a big lead over the twins by then or we kick the crap outta the royals i can see the twins slippin by everyone to the division crown.

In the immortal words of Jake Holman.."what the hell happened?"

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2003, 12:16 PM
I would hope the Tigers play with a little extra emotion trying to avoid the loss record.


I don't think it will matter. I think we'll win 5 of 7 against Minnesota anyway.

hose
09-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Has anybody else noticed that this recent Sox slide (having now lost four of the last six) just "happened" to coincide with Neil Cotts taking the mound last Thursday in Yankee Stadium?

Coincidence?

Lip


I didn't see Neil Cotts batting with the bases loaded last night.

Procol Harum
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by hose
I didn't see Neil Cotts batting with the bases loaded last night.

:maggs

"DOH!"

LASOXFAN
09-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I would hope the Tigers play with a little extra emotion trying to avoid the loss record.


I don't think it will matter. I think we'll win 5 of 7 against Minnesota anyway.

I truly believe that good pitching beats good hitting any day of the week, and especially in September and October. Granted, our bats could go Dodger cold here and we could lose it, but that's a stretch. As long as our pitchers continue to put us in a position to win, which they do so well IMO, then we'll win this thing.

TornLabrum
09-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by harwar
and i'll tell ya somethin else we got to look forward too...the twins play the tigers 7 out of their last 10 games while we are fighting it out with the royals,.unless we have a big lead over the twins by then or we kick the crap outta the royals i can see the twins slippin by everyone to the division crown.

In the immortal words of Jake Holman.."what the hell happened?"

I predicted that over a week ago.