PDA

View Full Version : Calling Out for Some Positive Sox Karma


Clarkdog
09-04-2003, 10:52 AM
23 games to go - and this I am sure of....

Regardless of the the result the last two nights, the White Sox are the most skilled team in this division. They look and play like a playoff team. The Red Sox simply displayed a little greater skill then they did. No doubt the Sox had their chances, you cannot leave 10 men on base and expect to win. It requires skill to drive those runners in.

The Royals and Twins are not as skilled as the White Sox. But they have balanced their deficit with a measured amout of luck.

Only the Twins can win a game on a walk-off in the park home run where the tying run is dead to rights but the catcher ends up dropping the ball while breaking his wrist trying to tag him out, and the winning run scores because the ball rolls 60 feet up the first base line because the game is being played on thinnly carpeted concrete.

The Royals are in a division race despite being outscored 728-706, having the third worst pitching staff which has been comprised of over 17 different starters, and the fifth worst fielding team in the AL.

No doubt the Sox have blown plenty of chances early in the season - that aside - This season is now down to the last 23 games. I still feel the Sox have the best team head to head against Minnesota or Kansas City. But the Sox have no luck. I though it might shine on us last night on Ordonez's double in the 9th. That ball rattled around on that little window in the left field bullpen; I saw that and knew Kimm was going to send Rowand home. If the ball rolls five feet toward the corner, Rowand scores. Instead the ball rolled five feet toward Ramirez. That was the difference.

So I as a Sox Fan am calling out to a higher authority, GIVE OUR GUYS A BREAK. Because the way this stretch is shaping up, one lucky bounce may swing the remainder of the season.

mandmandm
09-04-2003, 11:02 AM
I was talking karma last night on the way home from the game. I am hoping yesterday got all the bad vibes out of the Sox organization. I know there were many terrible Sox outings early in the year but the outcomes of the Sox, Twins, KC, and Cubs games had to be the worst. I hope the Sox get their juju going and beat up on Cleveland before the big series against Minny.

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2003, 11:11 AM
This is the worst I've felt about this team all season.

It's almost essential that we sweep Cleve;and because I don't have a heck of a lot of faith in Texaswinning in Minnesota.

Lip Man 1
09-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Clarkdog:

This Sox may have the most talent but that's balanced out by having the worst manager of the three.

Lip

Clarkdog
09-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Clarkdog:

This Sox may have the most talent but that's balanced out by having the worst manager of the three.

Lip

Agreed.

Pena has KC loose. That why they're winning. He's AL manager of the Year.

Gardenhire knows the importance of fundamentals and knows when he needs to get in the face of his ball players.

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Agreed.

Pena has KC loose. That why they're winning. He's AL manager of the Year.

Gardenhire knows the importance of fundamentals and knows when he needs to get in the face of his ball players.

Meanwhile Jerry is like a lump of unshaped clay. No definition and no use...

Chisox353014
09-04-2003, 12:52 PM
The upcoming '83 reunion weekend is going to turn this bad karma around. Once the guys get out there in those wonderfully ugly pajamas on Saturday, look out! We'll get the momentum back and steamroll the Twins (aka the luckiest team on Earth) next week. Winning Ugly Lives!

It better happen because I can't take any more days like yesterday. My girlfriend is going to have me committed. :D: :gulp:

LASOXFAN
09-04-2003, 12:57 PM
must sweep cleveland
must sweep cleveland
must sweep cleveland
must sweep cleveland

Procol Harum
09-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Well, let's work on this positive Sox karma thing..everybody at the Cell friday evening before the game with the Tribe--let's get everyone to join hands around the lower-level stadium concourse and to bring their crystals, dream-catchers, prayer cloths, Bibles, you name it and exorcise these demons what plague us--

"Ah said-uh, Demon of Losing-ah, Come theee out-ah!!"

"Ah said-ah, Demon of Choking-ah, Come out!!"

"Ah said, ah said, ah said, Demon of Bad-uh Baserunning-ah come out from among the White Sox-ah!"

"Ah said, Demon of Hittin' Into Bases-Loaded Double Plays, Come thee out from Magglio-ah!"

"Ah said-ah, Demon of Tinkerin', Leave Jerry Manuel Tonightaaaah!"

And so forth.

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Well, let's work on this positive Sox karma thing..everybody at the Cell friday evening before the game with the Tribe--let's get everyone to join hands around the lower-level stadium concourse and to bring their crystals, dream-catchers, prayer cloths, Bibles, you name it and exorcise these demons what plague us--

"Ah said-uh, Demon of Losing-ah, Come theee out-ah!!"

"Ah said-ah, Demon of Choking-ah, Come out!!"

"Ah said, ah said, ah said, Demon of Bad-uh Baserunning-ah come out from among the White Sox-ah!"

"Ah said, Demon of Hittin' Into Bases-Loaded Double Plays, Come thee out from Magglio-ah!"

"Ah said-ah, Demon of Tinkerin', Leave Jerry Manuel Tonightaaaah!"

And so forth.

LMAO!

Hey, whatever works... :)

kingpin_rcs
09-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Well, let's work on this positive Sox karma thing..everybody at the Cell friday evening before the game with the Tribe--let's get everyone to join hands around the lower-level stadium concourse and to bring their crystals, dream-catchers, prayer cloths, Bibles, you name it and exorcise these demons what plague us--

"Ah said-uh, Demon of Losing-ah, Come theee out-ah!!"

"Ah said-ah, Demon of Choking-ah, Come out!!"

"Ah said, ah said, ah said, Demon of Bad-uh Baserunning-ah come out from among the White Sox-ah!"

"Ah said, Demon of Hittin' Into Bases-Loaded Double Plays, Come thee out from Magglio-ah!"

"Ah said-ah, Demon of Tinkerin', Leave Jerry Manuel Tonightaaaah!"

And so forth.

Funniest thing I've read on this site EVER!

Foulke You
09-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Meanwhile Jerry is like a lump of unshaped clay. No definition and no use...

:)