PDA

View Full Version : Crede's Crew?

Bobby Thigpen
09-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Just a couple quick questions. When did these guys start showing up? The first time I personally remember seeing them was at the July first game in that home sweep of the Twins. Since then I've seen them a couple more times on TV and in person. Is anyone here a member of the Crew? I think these guys are great and something that should become a tradition at the park. Just wanted to know if anyone had any info on the situation.

Fisk72
09-04-2003, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure how comparable it is, but I remember "Ozzie's Amigos" back in 1990. However, I noticed Crede's Crew earlier in the season, though, too.

Jerry_Manuel
09-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Crede's Crew is weak sauce. Look at what the Phillies have, groups like "The Wolf Pack", they we're masks and do dances. We get shirtless morons.

hose
09-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Crede's Crew is weak sauce. Look at what the Phillies have, groups like "The Wolf Pack", they we're masks and do dances. We get shirtless morons.

That last thing I want to see at the Cell is a Oakland Raider/ Dog Pound/ Wolf Pack thing going on.

No masks, costumes, or eye make up.

Shirtless men and woman along with little kids getting face paintings are acceptable :cool:

kevingrt
09-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Can I join Crede's Crew? How much for an entry fee?

thepaulbowski
09-04-2003, 10:12 AM

Why are these guys morons? I think it pretty cool myself. I would join them, but if I were to go shirtless I would scare off the woman & children! :D:

mandmandm
09-04-2003, 10:23 AM
I was on the fan deck last night and ESPN was up there with one of their anchors, grey haired white guy, interviewing Crede's crew. Anyone outside of Chicago see if they made it on Espn? They seem to be decent kids who are passionate about the White Sox. Why knock them?

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Have to give these Guys Credit .... Theyve been there since past Opening Day. I Remember how dang cold it was early on, and they were out there. Cheers to them. I do know, that cub fans have copied this (surprise, what havnt they copied) with a "crew" of some sort out there.

Dadawg_77
09-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
I was on the fan deck last night and ESPN was up there with one of their anchors, grey haired white guy, interviewing Crede's crew. Anyone outside of Chicago see if they made it on Espn? They seem to be decent kids who are passionate about the White Sox. Why knock them?

Kenny Maine was the ESPN guy.

dllrbll7
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Ya they did make sportscenter. I saw Kenny interviewing people in the BSB too but that didnt make it. I have seen these guys at almost every game ive been too this year, even if crede isnt playing. i think its great for the sox.

emaholic
09-04-2003, 10:19 PM

I like them. I think they're pretty cool.

Thunderstruck30
09-04-2003, 10:29 PM
I was gonna start a thread on them but I was beat to it. They never showed the interview on ESPN just a short shot of them before SportsCenter went to commercial.

Huisj
09-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Gary Miller interviewed them briefly during a game that was on espn a few weeks ago (same game where he later stood under the shower).

ihatethecubs
09-05-2003, 03:04 AM
we totally need one of those crazy blocks of fans that take up an entire section at the park. like the fire ultras and barnburners at the chicago fire games, anyone who's been to a fire game knows how into it they get, and they seem to really get the crowd and the team going, and they have cool chants and huge flags and stuff, its pretty awesome. sox ultras!

MikeKreevich
09-05-2003, 09:00 AM
I get a chuckle everytime I see Crede's Crew. I think it's great.

southsidegirl
09-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Do they know Joe?(haha that rhymes) or do they just have an unhealthy obsession? Either way, I would join in a second but 1. I have school and 2. It would be hard to spell Crede with 6 people.

mike squires
09-06-2003, 02:17 AM
I asked one of them tonight if they were season ticket holders. He just smiled and said no. Damn, they must be loaded to be able to aford all those games. I think it's great.

By the way, Gary Miller didn't take a leak of the fan deck while he was up there did he? :D: (FYI, Gary was arrested several years back for drugs and pissing off of some balcony.)

ScottyTheSoxFan
09-06-2003, 01:45 PM
as long as it isnt overdone, like the tampa bay bucs used to do. each section had a sign on the field with sayings like "dunn's dudes" and "sapp's people or something" for like every player. very tacky.

but i like crede's crew.

Jjav829
09-06-2003, 03:53 PM
I think it's great. I hope they continue to do it. I like what the Phillie fans do with the Wolf Pack, Padilla Floatilla, etc.

They just showed them on Fox and I guess one of them is missing today so they have a Maggs cardboard cutout wearing a white shirt with "E" on it for the first E in Crede's name.

TornLabrum
09-06-2003, 06:01 PM
I like the Sox tradition of young superfans. Maybe it's because I remember the old Sox Supporters sitting out there in left field in the '70s. They used to drape some great banners over the wall back then.

(And who can forget in 1990 after Dave Stewart said the Sox weren't good enough to carry his jock, the Sox lit him up one game and a Giant jock was lowered from the left field upper deck. One of my fondest memories.)

manuelsucks
09-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I asked one of them tonight if they were season ticket holders. He just smiled and said no. Damn, they must be loaded to be able to afford all those games. I think it's great.

I don't think that they are at every game. I've been there a few games and don't recall seeing them. I do think that they are good for the Sox. They deserve a good fan, I just think it's hilluarious that they chose Crede. It's an interesting choice...

Nick@Nite
09-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
(And who can forget in 1990 after Dave Stewart said the Sox weren't good enough to carry his jock, the Sox lit him up one game and a Giant jock was lowered from the left field upper deck. One of my fondest memories.)

Ha ha! :D: ... wish that one was on tape somewhere. Btw, Dave Stewart was once arrested and charged with lewd conduct in downtown Los Angeles. He got caught in a compromising position with a girl who wasn't a girl in a parked car (he was a transvestite named Lucille). Stewart didn't know until the cops told him, he hadn't got that far.

LuvSox
09-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Crede's Crew had me in stitches today. They're fans of Joe but sure aren't fans of Coco Crisp!!!! :)

voodoochile
09-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Crede's Crew had me in stitches today. They're fans of Joe but sure aren't fans of Coco Crisp!!!! :)

Were you at the game, or did you see that on TV too? I was laughing so hard. It was NOT hard to read their lips when the camera showed them giving the Cleveland CF a hard time...

LuvSox
09-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Were you at the game, or did you see that on TV too? I was laughing so hard. It was NOT hard to read their lips when the camera showed them giving the Cleveland CF a hard time...

I was right underneath them. Too funny!

DrCrawdad
09-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I like the Sox tradition of young superfans. Maybe it's because I remember the old Sox Supporters sitting out there in left field in the '70s. They used to drape some great banners over the wall back then.

Back in my misspent youth my Sox friend Chris and I always intended to go to a Sox vs. A's game make this banner...

Athletic Supporters.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Can I join Crede's Crew? How much for an entry fee?

The Crede’s Crew is great. I love it. The more passionate Sox fans, the better.

I’ve heard that the Crede’s Crew initiation is painful. Kind of like what Kevin Bacon endured to join the Omegas in Animal House. This was secretly taped at a Crede's Crew initiation. (http://161.58.5.90/animal/another.wav)

inta
09-07-2003, 12:00 AM

get the stick out of your butt.
we should appreciate every fan who shows enthusiasm for this team. lord knows there's not alot of them in this city.

yeah the wolfpack at the vet has fan enthusiasm down to a science. but that's the vet, they've had gimicks for years. that's not the chicago way.

doogiec
09-07-2003, 11:10 AM

Lets stop another White Sox tradition. Lets quit ripping on fans who show some passion and support for the team. We need more of this, not less.

Reminds me of what the old man sitting behind me said during the standing ovation when the Sox returned from the Cleveland and NY road sweeps during 2000, "Sit down you morons, this team isn't gonna win anything!"

SoxFan76
09-07-2003, 01:40 PM
i think its great. and i especially like that crede has the fan club, and not our big name players like loaiza, frank, or maggs. its too easy to like the big name stars, it takes real fans to like a small name player hitting 7th in the lineup.

and maggs filling in for "E" was hysterical. crede's crew has a sense of humor too.

as long as every player doesnt have a fan club, im fine with it. and i DO NOT want people to show up with masks and doing some goofy dance. the letters are fine.

emaholic
09-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
and maggs filling in for "E" was hysterical. crede's crew has a sense of humor too.

Hahaha. I saw that when I was on the fan deck yesterday. Pretty funny.

emaholic
09-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I was right underneath them. Too funny!

So was I!
O-E-O, Co-co sucks!

inta
09-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
i think its great. and i especially like that crede has the fan club, and not our big name players like loaiza, frank, or maggs. its too easy to like the big name stars, it takes real fans to like a small name player hitting 7th in the lineup.

as long as every player doesnt have a fan club, im fine with it. and i DO NOT want people to show up with masks and doing some goofy dance. the letters are fine.

how about "garlands gang"?
"daubach's dogpound"?
"alomar's assistants"?
"buerhle's bunch"?
"graffy's group"?
"paul's posse"?

emaholic
09-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by inta
how about "garlands gang"?
"daubach's dogpound"?
"alomar's assistants"?
"buerhle's bunch"?
"graffy's group"?
"paul's posse"?

My friend and I came up with our own names:

Magglio's Mob
Wunsch's Bunch

alohafri
09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
I like Crede's Crew too...we see them at every game we go to. But sooner or later, once Sox management starts to notice them more, they will have the kibosh (sp?) put on them, just like the Get Up Guy. Sox management does their best to suppress overly enthusiastic fans, especially those who start their own trends.

:(:

Mrs. Aloha

Geeterman1
09-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Hey, I'm down for Paul's Posse, that's a good one. Who wants to go with me next year???

Middle E
12-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey guys. My name is Josh and I'm a member of the crew (the E in the middle). It has been a while since we have supported crede at a game due to school, work, and people moving. Just wanted to let you guys know that we appreciate all the support we have gotten out there. We started crede's crew after discoving how liked he was at a Boston game at the cell. My friend Matt ( the C) and I started chanting for Crede as he came to the plate against Pedro and the whole section joined in. Of course he responded with a homerun and the crew was born. We decided to unfurl the sign and paint our chests with the rest of our friends for the next game. Crede hit a homerun in his first at-bat that game too. After that we determined that we had to keep it up.

Just want to let you guys know that we are a group of friends that did this to add a little more excitement to games and to support a great player. We all liked him because he was a hard worker and a good defensive player with timely power. He's not outspoken like some athletes are these days and he is a great example of how an athlete should be. Even Darrin Jackson told us that we could not have picked a more deserving player to support.

Although I have moved away from the rest of these guys, I will make sure that we go to games to support Crede in 2007 (assuming he is still there). We need to do our best to keep him in Chicago. He is a great representative of this city and we are proud to support him.

Hope to see more of you guys at the games next year.

GO SOX!

VenturaIsAGod
12-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty good friends with the guys, as they all went to my high school and still live in my hometown. The main reasons for their recent disappearance is the Sox being bullies about where/when they can stand and when they can have signs hanging. It got to be too much of a hassle, as it seems like no one in the White Sox organization outside of Joe Crede supported them. Another reason is the fact is that a couple of them go to college away from home and sometimes aren't home even over the summer. However, from what I know, and I haven't hung out with any of the guys since last summer, they still want to do it as much as possible.

EDIT: Josh kinda beat me to it, but still. Josh, this is Wally Petrovic, I don't think I know you, but I'm cool with Matt and Sam and to a lesser extent I know Aaron and Eric(the Cubs fan). I don't remember your every-day lineup, but remind us if you could. Also, let me know what parts of the story I made up.

tick53
12-24-2006, 10:35 AM

I talked to a couple of the kids when I was hanging around the outfield during a game in 2004. They were passionate Sox fans who really hated the Cubs. I don't care if they're shirtless or not. They are just kids having a good time. We parked next to Aarons Amigos at another game in '05. Another group of decent young guys. Too bad they lost there idol.

I did some goofy things when I was there age. One day, they'll all be grandfathers.:D:

Middle E
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
C (matt) R (Aaron) E (Josh) D (Sam) E (Eric). And you are correct that they kinda chased us away. They limited the amount of time we could display the banner. In fact, during one of the first games the home plate ump said it was distracting the batters. After the first season the sox organization put up the LED sign where our banner used to hang for advertising and player stats. They also rebuilt the top of the fandeck which limited the amount of space available. And you are right, the main reason we haven't showed up is that I was in college and have since moved to the northwest suburbs and some of the others are in school now as well. We'll be back though. Never had so much fun before or since.

thomas35forever
04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I saw them on the TV broadcasts in 2004 and then were replaced by Aaron's Amigos the next season.

guillen4life13
04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
That last thing I want to see at the Cell is a Oakland Raider/ Dog Pound/ Wolf Pack thing going on.

No masks, costumes, or eye make up.

Shirtless men and woman along with little kids getting face paintings are acceptable :cool:

I like.:redneck

They've been there at least since '04. I think they're great out there!

DumpJerry
04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
We parked next to Aarons Amigos at another game in '05. Another group of decent young guys. Too bad they lost there idol.
That Aaron Miles trade hit some people harder than others......

Murphy10
04-06-2007, 06:34 PM
My brother said he met one of them at the university of Wisconsin, he said he was a senior too, so maybe they'll be coming back more often.

MetroPD
04-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Or a poster with the moniker of Jerry Manuel.