PDA

View Full Version : Stone Uses Hawk's Phrase

Mots09
09-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Did know if anyone else caught him, but after Renteria struck verses Wood on Tuesday, Stone says, "HE GOOOONE." It sounded like he put no heart into it, but thought it was funny to hear that jagbag copy Hawk.
Nothing against Stone, but all my Cubs fans think Hawk is a dumbaxe for all his saying, yet my Cub buddies were pumped to hear Stone say "HE GOOONE"

Just wondering if anyone else caught it....

GO SOX GO

VeeckAsInWreck
09-04-2003, 06:04 AM
I didn't get to hear it but if it's true, you can bet Cub fans will accuse Hawk of "stealing".

:chimp
"You can put it on the board......Yeah!........er, I mean Yes!

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I didn't get to hear it but if it's true, you can bet Cub fans will accuse Hawk of "stealing".

:chimp
"You can put it on the board......Yeah!........er, I mean Yes!

I can see it now..... they'll all start saying "you can put it on the board" ESPN will report how CUb fans are falling in love with all of the new "Stoneyisms", and how its "great for baseball in chicago since Stone has come back". Pathetic Media

kevingrt
09-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Who really even watches the Cubs? Who cares about Stoney or Carey

KingXerxes
09-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Did anyone happen to catch yesterday's broadcast when Steve Dahl was up in the booth to do a half inning?

Is it me, or did Harrelson just shut it down while Dahl was up there talking? And Dahl seemed to go out of his way to include Harrelson in the conversation, but all Hrrelson did was respond with short and icy answers.

Is there some sort of animosity between these two?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Did anyone happen to catch yesterday's broadcast when Steve Dahl was up in the booth to do a half inning?

Is it me, or did Harrelson just shut it down while Dahl was up there talking? And Dahl seemed to go out of his way to include Harrelson in the conversation, but all Hrrelson did was respond with short and icy answers.

Is there some sort of animosity between these two?

I agree, it was one of the most awkward interviews I've ever listened to. It wasn't helped by the fact the Sox were getting outs on practically every pitched ball. There was no continuity to the discussion whatsoever. The impression I got was that DJ was supposed to conduct the interview (he does almost all of them inside the booth) but Dahl kept directing questions to Hawk. You would think three guys in the broadcasting business could have their act together better than this.

I felt sorry for Steve at one point. He innocently declared that Hawk and Don Drysdale made a great combo, then realized his faux pas and began backtracking about how good it is now, too. If Harrelson was icy, that might have been the cause?

:?:

KingXerxes
09-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Palehose - Didn't it seem like Harrelson was going out of his way to clam up? Dahl kept referring to him as "The Big Guy" and "Chief" and the like, but Harrelson just kept quiet. After Dahl left the booth, some sort of cryptic comment was made about how nice the last eight years have been since things were patched up - and I had no idea what that was about. I wonder if they ever had some sort of feud that I don't remember.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Palehose - Didn't it seem like Harrelson was going out of his way to clam up? Dahl kept referring to him as "The Big Guy" and "Chief" and the like, but Harrelson just kept quiet. After Dahl left the booth, some sort of cryptic comment was made about how nice the last eight years have been since things were patched up - and I had no idea what that was about. I wonder if they ever had some sort of feud that I don't remember.

I heard that, too, but I didn't understand the reference either. Dahl has been a Sox Fan a long time, though the team kept its distance from him for a long time. I dunno...

voodoochile
09-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I heard that, too, but I didn't understand the reference either. Dahl has been a Sox Fan a long time, though the team kept its distance from him for a long time. I dunno...

Last night they showed a long montage of video and still shots of Dahl before he threw out the first pitch. Of course NONE of them had ANYTHING to do with Disco Demolition night.

It wouldn't be the first time that Reinsy has acted like Sox history started when he bought the team.

Procol Harum
09-04-2003, 12:07 PM
After Dahl left the booth, some sort of cryptic comment was made about how nice the last eight years have been since things were patched up - and I had no idea what that was about. I wonder if they ever had some sort of feud that I don't remember.

I think it was in reference to the fact that Dahl had mentioned he had been sober for eight years now and Hawk was commenting that this was a good thing--but you couldn't escape the feeling that he was implying that Dahl was still a complete goof the previous 17 years and that as far as Hawk was concerned it wasn't necessarily all bygones-are-bygones...

SouthBendSox
09-04-2003, 03:52 PM
I dont think Hawk likes more than maybe like 5% of the people alive

he doesnt seem very friendly

VeeckAsInWreck
09-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
I dont think Hawk likes more than maybe like 5% of the people alive

he doesnt seem very friendly

:hawk
"The only things I love in life is my family, golf, and E-Mail!"

A.T. Money
09-04-2003, 04:01 PM

Also, cotton candy, beach balls, and onions.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Also, cotton candy, beach balls, and onions.

"SoxDemon, have you been reading my diary again? If you have, I'll cut you open!"

Foulke You
09-04-2003, 04:13 PM

You forgot pigeons, Pepcid-AC, and watching Ray run! :D:

VeeckAsInWreck
09-04-2003, 04:17 PM
" SoxDemon and Foulke You, stop saying I love things. It takes away from my tough guy image! "

Brian26
09-04-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
You forgot ....watching Ray run! :D:

LOL at work. Seriously funny. Ha!