PDA

View Full Version : on the plus side...

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 09:39 PM
...the Sox loss will be buried in all the papers tomorrow, seeing as God Himself Shown Down on the Northside today (aka the St. Louis Cardinal Bullpen-Suckin' Blues), and a certain 3rd place team will be getting all the ink instead.

I really, really, really could hurl after all I've seen today.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Cheeses, we need to treat you like a recovering alcoholic. For God sakes man, stay away from tomorrow's newspapers!

:)

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah man, just get away for a day. Come back on Fri.

RKMeibalane
09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't care what's written in the papers tomorrow. I'm just dreading what will happen with this team now that the offense has decided to take another vacation.

****ing MLB! Let Frank use his aluminum bat.

But no! We can't have that. We can't allow the evil Frank Thomas to overshadow the great Sammy Sosa, the savior of baseball.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Cheeses, we need to treat you like a recovering alcoholic. For God sakes man, stay away from tomorrow's newspapers!

:)

I actually don't read the actual papers. But I do read the online versions.

My take on tomorrow's action is:

Cubune - 9 stories on the Cubs victory, 1 on the Sox loss. Mike Downey tracks down Eunice and Beatrice Snideley, two 90-something Flub fans, who finally feel that "their year" is here.

Cub-Times - the Moron officially switches sides and becomes a full-blown Flubs fan, saying something about how the baseball gods are suddenly shining on the likes of Moises Alou. There are 6 stories on the Flubs game, and 2 about "pennant fever" sweeping Chicago (referring, of course, to the Flubs only). Sox loss gets 1 story.

Hondo
09-03-2003, 09:49 PM
Newspaper columnists and anaylists don't matter.

According to ESPN's Kirkijan(sp) A's starter Rich Harden is Jesus Christ reborn and E-LO is just a pretender.

The Sox can control the media spin by winning. Which they didn't do the past two nights.

FJA
09-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I don't care what's written in the papers tomorrow. I'm just dreading what will happen with this team now that the offense has decided to take another vacation.

****ing MLB! Let Frank use his aluminum bat.

But no! We can't have that. We can't allow the evil Frank Thomas to overshadow the great Sammy Sosa, the savior of baseball.

I think what's in the papers is a valid point, though, because the team sees that, and they see the Cubs getting treated like gods. Whether they let it affect them or not, I can't believe it's not discouraging.

Couple that with only 20,000 fans out at the Cell tonight, and it sure as hell must seem like no one gives a crap.

Lip Man 1
09-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Well in fairness the question has to be asked...

When was the last time the Sox did what the Cubs or Twins did today?

Maybe if they did it a little more often then hardly ever, and won something in 43 years, fans would show up and wouldn't be as fatalistic.

Maybe if the Sox weren't blowing ten games this season where they took a lead into the 7th inning or later and lost, they wouldn't have only 20,000 fans in the stands.

Me thinks a number of Sox fans know what's coming.

Lip

StillMissOzzie
09-04-2003, 01:46 AM
Really, Lip. The last time that I recall the Sox coming back from a 6-0 deficit was last year - against the Scrubs!!! That game still makes me smile!

:gulp:

Konerkoholic
09-04-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Well in fairness the question has to be asked...

When was the last time the Sox did what the Cubs or Twins did today?

Lip
The Twins didn't do anything today. The game was an early Christmas gift from the Angels.