PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Question

RKMeibalane
09-03-2003, 10:39 PM
When is Jerry Manuel's bedtime? Maybe that's why he got kicked out of the game tonight. It was late, and he needed to go home and sleep.

Jerko
09-03-2003, 11:34 PM
He had to go to bed early so he can get to the "Field of Greens" golf outing tomorrow just in time to put Willie Harris in to "pinch-putt" for Thomas or something.

RKMeibalane
09-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
He had to go to bed early so he can get to the "Field of Greens" golf outing tomorrow just in time to put Willie Harris in to "pinch-putt" for Thomas or something.

LOL! Seriously, I can't remember ever hearing fans say anything like what so many of us have said about Jerry Manuel this season. The man is really hated on the South Side, and he needs to go.

34 Inch Stick
09-04-2003, 09:16 AM
I really wish that Jerry did not get tossed yesterday and here is my thinking. Jerry would not have been astute enough to pinch run for Thomas. If Thomas was the runner, Kim would never have waved him home. The result would be 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Harris up. Since Rowand would not have been used he could pinch hit for Harris. Rowand could have hit a fly ball to get in the run and voila victory.

I just wanted to blame Jerry for the loss in some way.

soxruleEP
09-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I really wish that Jerry did not get tossed yesterday and here is my thinking. Jerry would not have been astute enough to pinch run for Thomas. If Thomas was the runner, Kim would never have waved him home. The result would be 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Harris up. Since Rowand would not have been used he could pinch hit for Harris. Rowand could have hit a fly ball to get in the run and voila victory.

I just wanted to blame Jerry for the loss in some way.

Stick--if you think the idiot Manuel wasn't making those decisions you are not the fellow I thought you were from your past, rather astute postings.

While the idiot Manuel doesn't pitch or hit, he is supposed to put his team in the best position to win. He NEVER does. Last night was just the latest. The only solace I have is that this will be the last year we have to suffer through his idiocy.