PDA

View Full Version : No playoffs for Sox

JaylisJP
09-03-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm a huge Sox fan and always will be, but in all of our hearts we know this Sox team is just INCAPABLE of winning when they need to. WAY to many LOB in this BoSox series. Boston deserved to win. The Sox can't even walk away with the AL Central, maybe it's best we don't make the playoffs and get embarassed again. 13 hits and only 4 runs to show for it is a joke. Little intangibles like trying to score Rowand or Grafanino showing some fire are useless. We need hits when it matters. The rest is garbage. Sorry I don't usually post, but my team has gotten me so mad lately.

SouthBendSox
09-03-2003, 10:32 PM
If the Sox dont win the central, who will?

JaylisJP
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
The Twins, i think, they have a cakewalk the rest of the way. They may not win it, so to speak, but they'll be AL Central champions because the Sox will painfully give it away, if they haven't already.

Tavarin
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
The Sox had some terrible luck this series. I counted at least 6 balls during the last 2 games, that on any other night, in any other park would have been homers. And the call on Graffanino didnt help at all

Jurr
09-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Wah wah wah....yes, the Sox lost a whole 'lotta MO tonight. That just sucked. But, we win the series this weekend and we're okay.

Procol Harum
09-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
But, we win the series this weekend and we're okay.

And if the Twins and Royals win their series this weekend then we're still tied with the Twins and one up on KC--time's a 'wastin' to win this division--we needed to win one of these stinkin' games. And as usual, we go in the dumper for a nat'l audience on ESPN tonight against those whining, self-centered BoSox.

Mammoo
09-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by JaylisJP
Sorry I don't usually post, but my team has gotten me so mad lately.

No apologies necessary, Jay! :smile:

It's been a frustrating year, but here they are, tied for first in the final month.

The Sox do have a tougher schedule down the stretch but they have the best pitching staff of the three. Trouble is, Jerry Manuel is not very aggressive, having a tendency to fall asleep at the switch.

Oh well, he is what he is and that won't change... :(:

oheeoh...magglio
09-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
No apologies necessary, Jay! :smile:

It's been a frustrating year, but here they are, tied for first in the final month.

The Sox do have a tougher schedule down the stretch but they have the best pitching staff of the three. Trouble is, Jerry Manuel is not very aggressive, having a tendency to fall asleep at the switch.

Oh well, he is what he is and that won't change... :(:

That is the best, most logical way you can look at the situation, very well said.

Lip Man 1
09-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Tavarin:

With respect..."luck" didn't leave all those runners stranded did it?

and "Luck" didn't mismanage the bullpen and subsitutions did it?

"Luck is the residual of design..." Branch Rickey

Lip

Jerko
09-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Do you know why the Twins have an easier schedule left than us? Because WE PLAYED ALL THOSE EASY TEAMS ALREADY! 16 losses to the Tribe and Tigers? 4 losses to Tampa? 5 to Texas? We play the same teams the same amount of times, except for maybe one or 2 and an NL team. The difference: Min and KC beat the crap teams more than the Sox do. That's why the Sox just have to kick KC an Min's asses themselves and get it over with.

WinningUgly!
09-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Do you know why the Twins have an easier schedule left than us? Because WE PLAYED ALL THOSE EASY TEAMS ALREADY! 16 losses to the Tribe and Tigers? 4 losses to Tampa? 5 to Texas? We play the same teams the same amount of times, except for maybe one or 2 and an NL team. The difference: Min and KC beat the crap teams more than the Sox do. That's why the Sox just have to kick KC an Min's asses themselves and get it over with.

Here was the big difference in the 2003 schedule...
Sox- 6 gms vs. Cubs, 3 gms @ LA (Sox record 6-3)
Twins- 6 gms vs. MIL, 3 gms at home vs. COL (MIN record 5-4)

Gumshoe
09-04-2003, 11:28 AM
The biggest thing is, these are all big games. Who cares who the opponents are. NOW, the Sox have messed up the last 2 nights, but they still have home field over the majority of the games, and they are very capable of beating MIN and KC ... and they will. That's where it'll be decided ....

Just wait

I'm not worried. No why? Because we are the best in this division.

Gumshoe

Lip Man 1
09-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Gumshoe, just wondering... but how does having the WORST field manager factor in?

Lip

Hokiesox
09-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
And if the Twins and Royals win their series this weekend then we're still tied with the Twins and one up on KC--time's a 'wastin' to win this division--we needed to win one of these stinkin' games. And as usual, we go in the dumper for a nat'l audience on ESPN tonight against those whining, self-centered BoSox.

How is Time a wastin? We got 7 games against both teams! Time's a waitin for those 14 games to play. Don't write this team off until after next week's 4 game set against the Twins. All the Sox have done right now is make us sit on our hands until probably the very last series of the season instead of clinching it before. And if we don't clinch, I still don't blame these late season losses on anything. We're 28-14 since the break? or something like that... The blame rests with the season opening sweep by KC. PERIOD.

I'm not writing the team off yet