PDA

View Full Version : Royally screwed

FJA
09-03-2003, 06:53 PM
The Royals will make up their home rainout against the Angels on the road, according to RoyalBoard (http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/73438.html) .

Fine by me, but man ... giving up a home game in the heat of a pennant race when you already don't have that many home games left is brutal.

Look at their schedule for the remainder of the week.

9/3--@Texas
9/4--Arizona (@KC)
9/5--@Anaheim
9/6--@Anaheim (Game 1)
9/6--@Anaheim (Game 2)
9/7--@Anaheim

This from a team that's out of pitching.

SouthBendSox
09-03-2003, 09:07 PM
its a travesty

bring back Koch!

Boozer
09-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Damn, I feel sorry for them...

Lip Man 1
09-03-2003, 10:42 PM
FJA:

In August 1990 the Sox waited eight hours (believed to be the record for longest rain delay) before calling a game with the Rangers at Comiskey.

They had to play it the following week in Arlington as part of a DH and lost 1-0 in 13 to Ryan. They won the 2nd game 4-2 when Fisk set the record.

They had to play it on the road because the Rangers and Sox didn't have any available off days where Texas could come back to Chicago to make it up. This was in the heat of a pennent race so it happens. It's a logistical problem.

Lip

FJA
09-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
FJA:

In August 1990 the Sox waited eight hours (believed to be the record for longest rain delay) before calling a game with the Rangers at Comiskey.

They had to play it the following week in Arlington as part of a DH and lost 1-0 in 13 to Ryan. They won the 2nd game 4-2 when Fisk set the record.

They had to play it on the road because the Rangers and Sox didn't have any available off days where Texas could come back to Chicago to make it up. This was in the heat of a pennent race so it happens. It's a logistical problem.

Lip

Don't remember the 1990 DH (then again, I was only 9-years old ... I do remember the Fisk HR, though), but either way, it's pretty rare and unfortunate. No love lost in this situation, but if the 2003 White Sox had to make up a home game on the road, people would be livid, because it would be a distinct disadvantage.

Viva Magglio
09-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Damn, I feel sorry for them...

We should not ignore the Royals, of course, but the team we really have to worry about is Minnesota.