PDA

View Full Version : Time to get over the past and show up

OurBitchinMinny
09-03-2003, 06:07 PM
Look I was as upset as anyone by the strike in '94. The sox were going all the way that year. I am not a fan of jerry reinsdorf. I was upset by the white flag trade in '97. However its time to move past all that and support the team on the field this year. Its been a decade since the strike. Reinsdorf isnt a member of the team and the '97 trade did set some of the foundation for the 2000 team. The sox can do it and fan support needs to be there. I cant wait till the sox come to the dome so I can go root them on. And comiskey is way nicer than the dome, but the twins will get 30-40K for that series. The sox need to draw that too, hopefully starting tonight..Huge game tonight too. The twins have closed to within 1/2 game. But the sox are better than them and KC.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Ftrom searching on Ticketmaster this morning, crowds for the remainder of the season won't be a problem.

There are no lower level tickets available for the first two KC and Yankees games.

Me likey!

OurBitchinMinny
09-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Thats good news

34 Inch Stick
09-04-2003, 08:47 AM
The ticket booth also said there were no bleacher seats available for last night's game. However there were plenty of empty bleachers. The UD was only $5 and they still couldn't draw flies. There is no other form of entertainment (take your minds out of the gutter) that can be enjoyed for less than that in the city. Yet they had 20,000 people.

I don't blame the fans in any way. I just think that we need to come to the realization that JR obviously did a while ago. The Sox have a limited ability to draw people to their park on a consistent basis.