PDA

View Full Version : This day is making me ill...

pudge
09-03-2003, 06:02 PM
So Shannon Stewart scores on some bogus inside-the-park homer to win the game for the Twins after they were one strike away from losing. Then the Flubs rally from 0-6. I am ill. I hate baseball. We need to win tonight to salvage this freakin' day, please! Why did I have to stay home from work today of all days??

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 06:16 PM
I feel your pain. We need a win in a bad way.

It'd be nice to have a lead on Minnesota when they come to town because I like our chances to win 3 or 4 in that series.

Hangar18
09-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Its sickening how damn happy the media is right now.

Hangar18
09-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Tonite is very important for a few reasons, one obviously is staying in front of the twins. But the other, is the hearts and minds of the masses could very well be slipping away again, with the media Going Hog Wild with the cub coverage. Big Win for the Sox gets them back page Pic and Headlines. deservedly so.
but big cub "win", gets them FRONT and BACK Page Pic/Headlines, as evidenced by TODAYS SunTimes/Trib. Ok, I know, the cubs are playing a 1st pl team. But arent the Sox also? A sox loss Tonite, will See Tomorrows Dailies w FRONT and BACK pages dedicated to everything cub

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 06:52 PM
I realize you are upset, but I can understand why the Cubs are getting a lot of media hype. The games in that series have been very intense.

Procol Harum
09-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by pudge
We need to win tonight to salvage this freakin' day, please! Why did I have to stay home from work today of all days??

Sorry, Pudge, but it looks like this day was El Stinko Grande all the way around.

Viva Magglio
09-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Not one damn thing went right today. Well, Houston is winning (and hopefully will hang on) so we cannot call today a total loss. But this was bad enough. But our worst nightmare is coming true. It's as if this is the complete total triumph of evil over good.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Today is a total loss. Who gives a damn what Houston does.

The Cardinals sure as hell won't win the division trotting out their No. 2 starter to pitch in relief, and I don't have any faith in Houston's staff either.

But hell with that. We are about to give this division to the Twins.

Jjav829
09-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Bengie Molina is a dumbass. For anyone who didn't see the ending to the Twins game, Shannon Stewart doubled down the left field line. Garrett Anderson got to it quick and came up firing. The ball got to Molina in plenty of time and all he had to do was tag Dustan Mohr and the game was over. Instead he holds the ball out in his glove hand and thats all. Rather than have both hands securing the ball like a catcher is supposed to do, he sticks out his glove hand to tag Mohr. Mohr comes in hard and knocks the ball loose which allows him to score to tie the game and Stewart comes around as the ball gets away to win the game for the Twins. Absolutely ridiculous. And for that stupid ass move, Bengie Molina gets a broken wrist which means hes out for the season.

That has to be one of the top 3 worst plays in baseball this year including the awful baserunning by Ruben Rivera and the Expos not knowing the infield fly rules.

RKMeibalane
09-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Bengie Molina is a dumbass. For anyone who didn't see the ending to the Twins game, Shannon Stewart doubled down the left field line. Garrett Anderson got to it quick and came up firing. The ball got to Molina in plenty of time and all he had to do was tag Dustan Mohr and the game was over. Instead he holds the ball out in his glove hand and thats all. Rather than have both hands securing the ball like a catcher is supposed to do, he sticks out his glove hand to tag Mohr. Mohr comes in hard and knocks the ball loose which allows him to score to tie the game and Stewart comes around as the ball gets away to win the game for the Twins. Absolutely ridiculous. And for that stupid ass move, Bengie Molina gets a broken wrist which means hes out for the season.

That has to be one of the top 3 worst plays in baseball this year including the awful baserunning by Ruben Rivera and the Expos not knowing the infield fly rules.

That does sound really bad.

Was Molina ever in the Sox organization? :D:

FJA
09-03-2003, 11:36 PM

It was incredibly, incredibly dumb.

That being said, not that anyone needed any more reasons to believe today completely sucked, but Molina's idiocy cost Anaheim one of their best hitters ... RIGHT BEFORE THEY PLAY A FOUR-GAME SET WITH KANSAS CITY!

:chunks

WhiteSox = Life
09-03-2003, 11:38 PM

Holy Crap, that is some kind of stupid. Maybe Molina was so busy concentrating on how offensively great he's been this year, that he forgot how to catch. Though this is a bit biased, an ex-Sox 2nd baseman made a couple of real clangers earlier this year. Particularly a couple out west.

pudge
09-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Well, at least I was prepared... you just know when a day is going down the tubes... I had no faith the Sox would win...

Konerkoholic
09-04-2003, 03:09 AM
The Twins have had 2 wins this year that were absolutely, 100% GIFT-WRAPPED. Anyone remember that game when Brook Fordyce dropped the game-ending strike three ball and the threw wildly to first? I can't believe the huge amount of good luck that ****ing team gets. Meanwhile, our potential game-tying HR balls curve just foul or get caught at the top of the wall. Again, did I murder somebody to deserve this?

daveb816
09-04-2003, 12:02 PM
It can't get any worse than yesterday. Twins get insanely lucky, Sox have their toughest, most frustrating loss in a month (since the Monday night debacle vs. KC), and Cardinals inept pen gives game to the Cubs.

I can't think of a worse day all season.

Viva Magglio
09-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by daveb816
It can't get any worse than yesterday. Twins get insanely lucky, Sox have their toughest, most frustrating loss in a month (since the Monday night debacle vs. KC), and Cardinals inept pen gives game to the Cubs.

I can't think of a worse day all season.

After all that, do you fear that the worst is yet to come?

GoSox2K3
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Definitely the worst day so far this season. I've been gnashing my teeth and shaking my fist at the baseball gods all night.

The only bright spot was that Houston won to stay ahead of the Flubs.

I hope the worst is NOT still yet to come. I don't think I can take it if the Cubs make the playoffs and the Sox don't. The Sox really need a playoff appearance to keep the franchise going in the right direction and we Sox fans live and die with this team. The Cubs have all the fame, glory and brain-dead followers they'll ever need. They don't need to make the playoffs and many of their fans probably don't care too much either.

Too bad life isn't fair.

Lip Man 1
09-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Just wondering...how much of this fan imbalance was caused by inept play and decisions by the Sox themselves both on and off the field, the past twenty years?

Lip

GoSox2K3
09-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Sox management has definitely played a huge role in destroying our fan base.

As far as inept play on the field, I think the Cubs have been more inept overall over the past 20 years and they seem to thrive on it. That's why we need to win - Sox fans are sick and tired of ineptitude. Cub fans, on the other hand, warmly embrace their team's ineptitude.

Yesterday's games shook my confidence in the idea that the Sox will make the playoffs and the Cubs won't.