PDA

View Full Version : Question on song played at the Cell

gosox41
09-03-2003, 03:06 PM
This has been bugging me for a few months now. There's part of a song that comes on every so often (sometimes when Lee batsl.) I can't figure out what he's saying. It's only on for like 2 seconds. It's a male voice singing "We're making *something*" followed by some drumming. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what he's saying? I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure it out and no one around me at last night's game had any idea what it was.

Bob

Foulke You
09-03-2003, 03:11 PM
I don't know what the song is called but the voice is saying "We'll make you jump" and it isn't associated with only Carlos. They usually play it after a close play that gets the crowd going like one of those homers that went foul.

Rocky Soprano
09-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Do you mean, We'll make you Clap?

I think thats Jean or Sean Paul, something like that.

Foulke You
09-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Do you mean, We'll make you Clap?

I think thats Jean or Sean Paul, something like that.

I always thought he was saying "jump". Shows you what I know. :D: I stand corrected.

Rocky Soprano
09-03-2003, 03:22 PM
I think its Clap, but I might be wrong as well. :D:

doublem23
09-03-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it's "clap," too, but yes that is by Sean Paul.

alohafri
09-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Mr. Aloha has been trying to figure out that chant for most of the season. He finally decided that they're saying "I took a dump" so that is what he says every time they play it.

:D:

(Mrs. Aloha)

steff
09-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Mr. Aloha has been trying to figure out that chant for most of the season. He finally decided that they're saying "I took a dump" so that is what he says every time they play it.

(Mrs. Aloha)

Oh myyyyy gaawwdd. I can not believe you posted that.

I'd like to add a disclaimer that Jim and I do NOT share in Mr. Aloha's belief of this songs lyrics.

Hangar18
09-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Since were on this subject....theres something they play that drives me NUTS, because I cant figure out what the heck theyre saying. But always when Frank bats or South Side Willie, sounds like 5 or 6 cheerleaders, like theyre doing a cheer at a basketball game, chanting something..... Really loudly,
and at the end they go Whooooooo. Anyone know what theyre saying?

HawkDJ
09-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Since were on this subject....theres something they play that drives me NUTS, because I cant figure out what the heck theyre saying. But always when Frank bats or South Side Willie, sounds like 5 or 6 cheerleaders, like theyre doing a cheer at a basketball game, chanting something..... Really loudly,
and at the end they go Whooooooo. Anyone know what theyre saying?

R-O-W-D-Y that's the way we spell rowdy, rowdy, let's get rowdy. whooo!

Wow, I'm embarrassed for myself. :(:

Hangar18
09-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
R-O-W-D-Y that's the way we spell rowdy, rowdy, let's get rowdy. whooo!

Wow, I'm embarrassed for myself. :(:

DAMN! your right! that is excellent! nice job. thanks man, I swear that
was bugging me for quite some time now .....

alohafri
09-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by steff

I'd like to add a disclaimer that Jim and I do NOT share in Mr. Aloha's belief of this songs lyrics.

You were the one who told me that was what was being said! :o:

alohafri
09-03-2003, 09:13 PM

(Mrs. Aloha)

For the record, I thought it was "Go take a dump" which would fit in well with Carlos considering the amount of time he seems to spend in the left field bullpen turlit.

steff
09-03-2003, 10:26 PM
You were the one who told me that was what was being said! :o:

OMG.. I can not believe you just lied like that!

jabrch
09-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by steff

My friend yesterday asked why they were saying, "go hump a duck."

luvsox56
09-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Someone had told me that they thought it said "the naked duck" so that is what we always say when it comes on. I do like your interpretations though... :smile:

delben91
09-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
My friend yesterday asked why they were saying, "go hump a duck."

hahahaha, oh man, I really needed that tonight

Hangar18
09-04-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by luvsox56
Someone had told me that they thought it said "the naked duck" so that is what we always say when it comes on. I do like your interpretations though... :smile:

Hehh hehh. I almost spilled my coffee just now...... :smile:

jabrch
09-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by delben91
hahahaha, oh man, I really needed that tonight

The way we played these last two games vs Boston, we'd be better off humping ducks...we'd have a better chance of "taking one deep"

KingXerxes
09-04-2003, 11:59 AM
I know I'm going to sound like an old fart, but I can't begin to tell you how much better going to a baseball game was years ago before somebody decided to jam piped-in cheers, sound bites, advertisements, trivia, faux competitions, stupid competitions, and interviews into every single waking moment you have at the park.

I wish just once, on a "Turn Back the Clock Day" they would really turn back the clock so that the only thing heard, other than the PA address system, would be a toned down Nancy Faust between innings.

Sometimes the game really can carry itself - like for the first 100 and some odd years that they played it.