PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Twins/Royals watch: Sept. 3


CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Lead-off walk for Chone Figgins.


Let's go Angels!

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Angels loaded the bases with one out and failed to score.

DAMMIT.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 01:26 PM
:(:
Balfour walks the bases loaded with one out: pop-up, strikeout. Looks like the Halos took a page out of the Sox' playbook.
:angry:

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 01:39 PM
They got something cookin' in the second as well. Let's see some scoring!

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Atta boy Chone. Basehit brings in Kennedy.

1-0 Angels.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Good news:1-0 Angels, bottom of 2nd.
Bad news: A lot of wasted opportunities so far for Anaheim; Balfour's already walked 5 guys but only given up one run.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Balfour isn't long for this game with five walks. Maybe the Angels will take advantage of the Twinkies pen.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Ortiz has 6 outs on only 12 pitches so far. Keep it up! :gulp:

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 01:53 PM
2-0 Angels. RBI single by Molina drives in Spiezio. :cool:

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Damn, that RBI single from Molina would have been nice in the first. Oh well, I'm nt going to get too greedy.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 01:57 PM
WOOT!!
2-run jack by Wooten.
4-0 Anaheim!!
:)

Balfour's day is done. Someone named Carlos Pulido now pitching for Twinkies.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 01:58 PM
That ball hit deep, stretch, stretch!!!



Pour it on.....

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Twins fans are saying that Shannon Stewart nearly robbed the homer but it bounced off his glove and into the stands.

Maybe the Baseball God's do want us to win!

Unregistered
09-03-2003, 02:21 PM
According to MLB.com, Twins playoff tickets go on sale this Thursday.

I know it's standard operating procedure for teams that are close down the stretch, but I'm not quite camping out in front of the ticket window just yet if I'm rooting for the Twinkies...

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Twinkies had runners on first and third with nobody out and scored only once.

4-1 Halos in the fifth.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 02:25 PM
RBI groundout by Lecroy. Ortiz gets out of a minor jam.
Top of the 5th now, 4-1 Angels.

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Top of 6th now, still 4-1.

Go Angels!!!!

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Minnesota is putting an inning together. 1st and 3rd, no one out.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Ramon Ortiz is about to give Minnesota a victory.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Minnesota is putting an inning together. 1st and 3rd, no one out.

Bases loaded, no out, 1 run in. Not looking good. :angry:
Come on Ortiz!!

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Anaheim is falling apart.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 02:58 PM
4-3 with runners on first and third.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
4-4.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
4-3 with runners on first and third.

Game tied on a couple of RBI force outs. Guess the Halos can't turn a double play?!?
Going to the top of the 7th, 4-4 tie. Damnit!

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 03:11 PM
I'm about ready for Garrett Anderson to come up in the clutch in this series.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Davanon scores from second without the benefit of a hit.

5-4 Halos with Salmon on first.

Thanks, Pierzynski.

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 03:24 PM
It wasn't a passed ball, it was a wild pitch. Thank Rincon.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Davanon scores from second without the benefit of a hit.

5-4 Halos with Salmon on first.

Thanks, Pierzynski.

Cheers to the strike-out-swinging wild-pitch that brings home a run! :gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Sorry, I'm going by what the Twins fans are saying on their board.

I believe Davanon did reach third in the sequence on a wild pitch.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 03:36 PM
According to MLB Gameday, he got to third on a passed ball, scored on a wild pitch.
Meanwhile, freakin Spiezio fielding error and the Twinks have 1st and 3rd with one out. :angry:

Stewart strikes out, now 2 out. :prayin':

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
According to MLB Gameday, he got to third on a passed ball, scored on a wild pitch.
Meanwhile, freakin Spiezio fielding error and the Twinks have 1st and 3rd with one out. :angry:

Stewart strikes out, now 2 out. :prayin':

YES! Rodriguez pitches over the error! Top of the 8th, 5-4 Angels.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 03:39 PM
The Angels escape the seventh with the lead.

Bring in Donnelly now!!!!

anewman35
09-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Get a damn insurance run already!

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 03:47 PM
minny has an uncanny way of coming back in games, unlike a team i know.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 03:49 PM
man on 1st, 1 out for twins. here they go again.

jones at plate

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 03:54 PM
garret anderson made a catch in the gap, thank goodness

2 outs in the ninth man at first.

anewman35
09-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan

2 outs in the ninth man at first.

According to Yahoo, it's the 8th. I wish it was the 9th,though...

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 03:57 PM
we are heading to the ninth lets get some insurance.

angels have chone, davanon, and garret

twins have aj, ryan, and guzman in ninth with percy

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
According to Yahoo, it's the 8th. I wish it was the 9th,though...

Toriiiiiii flies out and its on to the 9th we go. Phew! :gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 04:00 PM
I don't think the Twins have been nearly as good as they were last year in rallying. In fact, they have blown several leads and lost many games in the last AB.

July 1 (Thomas) rings a bell and so does Sunday against Texas.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:01 PM
man on first no one out for chone figgins
love that spelling

voodoochile
09-03-2003, 04:04 PM
MLB Gameday has been having a terrible day. I can't get it to update and am no on Gamecast. Probably try Sportsline too.

Go you Angels...

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:05 PM
1st and 2nd no one out for davanon. bunt bunt bunt butn

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:07 PM
there not bunting, looks like a team i know.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:08 PM
1 out man on 1st and 2nd.

eddie guardado in for garret anderson.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:11 PM
1st and 3rd with two outs for tim salmon

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:12 PM
cmon troy percival shut them down here.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Anderson + Salmon = 0 for 9 today. Angels don't score. :whiner:
Let's go Percival!!

ndgt10
09-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Pierzynski flies out. 1 out

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:17 PM
1 out.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:18 PM
jd drew grand slam for cards 6-0

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:19 PM
2 outs get on your feet sox fans

ndgt10
09-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Ryan K's. 2 out

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 04:20 PM
2 down. Ryan swinging strike 3

Morneau in for Guzman.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:20 PM
justin morneau at the plate

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 04:20 PM
He gone!

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:22 PM
no hes not

ndgt10
09-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Morneau walks. Stewart up. 2 outs

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Crap, 2 out walk. Come on Troy!

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Stewart has been killing the ball, get him Troy!

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Stupid question, but when did the Twins get Shannon Stewart?

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Right before the trade deadline. Traded Kielty for him.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:26 PM
twins win on a 2run walk off In side the park home run

i told you they come back.

welcome a tie in the central white sox.

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah, we lost already huh? Your pessimism gets old.

ndgt10
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Twins win.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Ugh.

:chunks

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
OMG!!!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
I am sick to my stomach.

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
This has been what the Twins have done the past couple of years. They pull crap like this right out of their asses! Un-freakin-believable.

FJA
09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Ugh.

:chunks

I'll second that ... this one doesn't sit too well with me.

hold2dibber
09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
twins win on a 2run walk off In side the park home run

:chunks


welcome a tie in the central white sox.

Not so fast; that puts th Twins 1/2 game back. White Sox win tonight would means the Sox are still 1 game up.

But in any event, I'm telling you it's going to be an absolute dog fight down the stretch.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 04:30 PM
*** happened? Gameday says a double and error on Molina? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Mike Scoscia cost Anaheim this game. You get runners on first and second with nobody out and your best hitter on deck and you don't sac bunt???

That's pathetic managing. PATHETIC.

A.T. Money
09-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Down to their last strike on Morneau and just like that, Twins win!

I can't believe this crap. I hate that team. I hate their uniforms, their stadium, their accents, their name TWINS. FU Minnesota.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I hope Jerry Manuel has the Sox starting 4 competent pitchers to face the Twins next week.

:jerry

Yep, I got Stewart, Cotts, James Baldwin and Jim Parque ready & armed!

Foulke You
09-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Ouch. That friggin' hurts. Twins down to their last bullet, 2 strikes on Morneau. He works a walk and then Stewart gets a lucky @$$ in the park homer? Jeez. I'll be interested to see what the hell happened on that play when I watch the highlights on Sportscenter. It'll probably be a turf/baggy related in the park homer. This makes tonight's game versus Boston a must win folks.

bobj4400
09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
I cant believe what I just saw...I thought the game was over on Morneau's at bat. Then Stewart pulls that sh*t out of his as$.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Ouch. That friggin' hurts. Twins down to their last bullet, 2 strikes on Morneau. He works a walk and then Stewart gets a lucky @$$ in the park homer? Jeez. I'll be interested to see what the hell happened on that play when I watch the highlights on Sportscenter. It'll probably be a turf/baggy related in the park homer. This makes tonight's game versus Boston a must win folks.

Pinch-runner Dustan Mohr was trying to score, and apparently would have been out by a mile, but he knocked the ball out of Molina's glove, and in the ensuing chaos Stewart also scored.

Those are the kinds of things that make you think that luck is on someone's side, and it ain't the White Sox.

bobj4400
09-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Wind is blowin' out in the bandbox known as the Urinal...the flubbies are comin' back. 6-3.

I want to puke right now.

SoxFanDan
09-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Those are the kinds of things that make you think that luck is on someone's side, and it ain't the White Sox ]]
Baseball magic is large in this game, and the sox dont have it

ndgt10
09-03-2003, 04:38 PM
The twins are one lucky team. However, looking at that lineup of their's, it will amaze me if we don't win atleast 3 out of 4 against them next week.

FJA
09-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ndgt10
The twins are one lucky team. However, looking at that lineup of their's, it will amaze me if we don't win atleast 3 out of 4 against them next week.

We better ... given that they're playing the pathetic road Rangers this weekend, and that we'll probably take 2 of 3 from Cleveland, I bet we're tied with the Twins come Monday.

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Pinch-runner Dustan Mohr was trying to score, and apparently would have been out by a mile, but he knocked the ball out of Molina's glove, and in the ensuing chaos Stewart also scored.

Those are the kinds of things that make you think that luck is on someone's side, and it ain't the White Sox.

Sweet f'in merciful crap, that's Little League stuff right there. What is this, the Bad News Bears or Major League Baseball? Hold on to the freaking ball Molina!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

fquaye149
09-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
]]
Baseball magic is large in this game, and the sox dont have it

sox fan dan, cry me a river

mandmandm
09-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I hope Jerry Manuel has the Sox starting 4 competent pitchers to face the Twins next week.

:jerry

Yep, I got Stewart, Cotts, James Baldwin and Jim Parque ready & armed!

I think I read somewhere that Wright is starting this weekend so that our four good starters will face the Twins.

Hokiesox
09-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Sweet f'in merciful crap, that's Little League stuff right there. What is this, the Bad News Bears or Major League Baseball? Hold on to the freaking ball Molina!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:


It looked on replay like he was only holding on to the ball with his glove hand. My little league coach taught me to use 2 fricken hands. This is below little league! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

FJA
09-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
This makes tonight's game versus Boston a must win folks.

Yeah, but the Sox brought it on themselves by not executing last night. They know this is now a must win, and I expect them to come out with "must win" intensity tonight. All things considered, if you would have told me last week we'd be one game ahead of the Twins and two or three ahead of the Royals after the two-game BoSox series, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

cheeses_h_rice
09-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Yeah, but the Sox brought it on themselves by not executing last night. They know this is now a must win, and I expect them to come out with "must win" intensity tonight. All things considered, if you would have told me last week we'd be one game ahead of the Twins and two or three ahead of the Royals after the two-game BoSox series, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

I just hope the Sox bats don't come out with their "2000 ALDS Tight Sphincter" intensity...

Chisox353014
09-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
It looked on replay like he was only holding on to the ball with his glove hand. My little league coach taught me to use 2 fricken hands. This is below little league! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Note to self: stop by store and pick up barf bag on way home from work; remove all sharp objects from living room before turning on Sportscenter tonight.

ma-gaga
09-03-2003, 05:56 PM
*stupid cat, sits on the 'send' button*

The Twins aren't as good as coming back as they were last year, and their bullpen isn't as strong as it was last year...

They still have a shot. Although their pitching could use some help... I think they've finally learned not to use Joe Mays, because his luck ran out. But that puts them into a situation where they have to use a rookie, Balfour. Cool name, awesome minor league numbers, good out of the bullpen, but unproven.

The rest of their pitching is inconsistant at best. They have ONE good solid semi-dominant starter, but the rest is ... bleagh.

:) - Stupid cat...

Lip Man 1
09-03-2003, 06:11 PM
FJA has it right...the Sox have only themselves to blame for sleepwalking through the first three months, losing to God awful teams and blowing scoring chances.

The Twins are perfectly suited to their abortion of a ballpark and they play hard all the time. Remember earlier this year they came back to beat the Orioles thanks to a dropped 3rd strike.

They are like a vampire...to beat them you gotta drive a stake in their heart and cut off the head.

This is the kind of play that can drive a club to a six or eight game winning streak.

Typical Sox luck.

Lip

fhqwhgads
09-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Just got back from the Twins/Angels game. What an unbelievable finish.

While you all are lamenting the Twins' good fortune, remember that Dustan Mohr executed exactly the way he had to in order to knock that ball loose. Sometimes you make your own luck.

I had a pretty good view, as I was watching from the sound booth in the press box. It looked like Mohr knocked Molina's wrist right out of its socket. Molina's hand was flopping like a fish. Eeek.

Good luck tonight, boys. We aren't gonna roll over and play dead. You control your own destiny, and only have yourselves (and maybe the umps) to thank, win or lose.

GO TWINS!

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2003, 07:10 PM
If he protects the ball properly, it's not an issue.

This isn't the first time he's dropped a ball at the plate

SouthBendSox
09-03-2003, 10:36 PM
rangers coming back

FJA
09-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
rangers coming back

Not anymore. Royals win.

MisterB
09-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If he protects the ball properly, it's not an issue.

This isn't the first time he's dropped a ball at the plate

Mohr broke Molina's wrist on that play. If he protects the plate properly he likely keeps himself off the DL as well.

delben91
09-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads

Good luck tonight, boys. We aren't gonna roll over and play dead. You control your own destiny, and only have yourselves (and maybe the umps) to thank, win or lose.



That's what I think is going to make September exciting as fans in the AL Central. All these teams are so closely bunched, and they all do nothing but play each other all through September. Talk about your nerve-wracking month, but it'll be one hell of a ride either way.

All the same, despite the outcome against Boston tonight....

GO SOX!!!

oheeoh...magglio
09-03-2003, 10:43 PM
I would like to officially apologize for the "heart" comment, i say stupid **** in my states of blind anger towards the sox, with that said, this loss makes me wanna :whiner: that one hurt!!

Nick@Nite
09-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Mohr broke Molina's wrist on that play. If he protects the plate properly he likely keeps himself off the DL as well.

Agree! (wish there could be a do over, cuz then the Twins would've lost) ... :(:

WhiteSox = Life
09-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
Agree! (wish there could be a do over, cuz then the Twins would've lost) ... :(:

Wish Molina had been playing tonight for Varitek is more like it.

:(:

Lip Man 1
09-03-2003, 11:00 PM
Interesting that Mohr would break Molina's wrist. How many times have the Sox base runners crashed into home plate? Have they ever hurt anybody?

Thomas is 280 pounds and he'll tip toe in and he's done it more then once. What Mohr did was clean and is called "desire."

What did Rowand do tonight at the plate? He hardly made contact with Varitek, he certainly didn't knock him off his feet did he?

Tonight's loss was catastrophic and the Sox have to sit and think about it all day tomorrow.

Lip

Nick@Nite
09-03-2003, 11:31 PM
... instead of the tomato award, i think the "Chunks Award" is more appropriate.

:chunks